Poll: Would you rather a refreshed version of WC3, SC, D2, or would you like full remakes?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2 Remakes happening?

http://blizzard.com/company/careers/...tml?id=15000XZ
    Read it!
    Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.

RESPONSIBILITIES
    Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
    Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
    Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
    Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
    Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
    REQUIREMENTS
    Expert knowledge of C / C++
    A minimum of 5 years’ development experience
    Experience debugging unfamiliar code
    Passion for games
    Excite us
    PLUSES
    Experience debugging Win32 or OS X game software
    Experience using Visual Studio or Xcode
    Experience with x86 assembly

Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
    I wonder if these new assets will be used or if they'll make fully new ones?
    http://eu.battle.net/arcade/en/blog/...ptr-31-01-2015
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2015-11-04 at 10:44 AM.

that doesn't really imply much.

It could be them just updating the games to run more efficiently on more modern OS.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    that doesn't really imply much.

It could be them just updating the games to run more efficiently on more modern OS.
    Maybe, maybe not. I sincerely doubt they would remake these games without new or improved engines.

- - - Updated - - -

Added a poll, may be interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lacking a "Neither" option...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I understand that. The question however does not ask for that. This poll is specifically to see if people would rather have a remake or an update. If you would like neither, do not vote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I sincerely doubt they would remake these games without new or improved engines.
    They'd need much more than "small teams" to do that.

Probably only going to make em more compatible with modern computers, and they're likely going to try and integrate them into battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    They'd need much more than "small teams" to do that.

Probably only going to make em more compatible with modern computers, and they're likely going to try and integrate them into battle.net.
    To be honest, I would not mind that. I really love the games enough to buy a full remake though.

I have my doubts this will ever happen. But if it does I suspect it would be more around the time of future releases to build hype / further a fan base for a new purchase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Poll isn't aimed at those who don't give a f*** tho.

It's like complaining about a poll that asks whether you like skinny or large chicks, because you aren't into girls in the first place.

Doesn't concern you, move along.

OT: Full remake tbh, Baldur's Gate got an ''HD'' upgrade a while back, but it's still the same game, same engine, same visuals just in a higher resolution, so not much motivation for me to go buy it when I already own the low-res version.

I just found myself peering at my Diablo 2 discs... I really would not mind seeing that in 3D, much rather play that than Diablo 3 at the moment x_x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Poll isn't aimed at those who don't give a f*** tho.

It's like complaining about a poll that asks whether you like skinny or large chicks, because you aren't into girls in the first place.

Doesn't concern you, move along.

OT: Full remake tbh, Baldur's Gate got an ''HD'' upgrade a while back, but it's still the same game, same engine, same visuals just in a higher resolution, so not much motivation for me to go buy it when I already own the low-res version.
    I hear ya. They did the same with Dark Souls 2.

I think you missed the most important reference in that first bolded line:

titan
    #ItsHappening!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapolix View Post
    I think you missed the most important reference in that first bolded line:

#ItsHappening!
    That... THAT... Would be incredibly ambitious.

I think there should be a full remake of WC I, II and III. So much lore has been retconned that it needs to be reciprocated should they ever get around to rebooting the franchise.

I would like to ask, if it is no hassle for the moderators, if they could change the thread's title to "Are Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2 Remakes happening?!"?

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I think there should be a full remake of WC I, II and III. So much lore has been retconned that it needs to be reciprocated should they ever get around to rebooting the franchise.
    I believe Christie Golden is tasked with a re-write of the plot prior to the Warcraft movie.

I understand that. The question however does not ask for that. This poll is specifically to see if people would rather have a remake or an update. If you would like neither, do not vote.
    Then it is a disingenuous and biased poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then it is a disingenuous and biased poll.
    It is just a poll to ask for the interest for an update or an remake. People who are not interested in neither are not the target group of this poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a complete remake of the original games with a new engine (Or at least reuse the engines for the current generation of games they've released the last 5 years or so.), updated campaigns to fit current lore for respective franchise, etc. The gameplay should stay about the same, but with some new benefits from current day technology where it makes sense. Would be so awesome if it happened, but of course I have to lower my expectations a bit knowing that the update may not be very radical.

It is just a poll to ask for the interest for an update or an remake. People who are not interested in neither are not the target group of this poll.
    But it does not actually guage for the interest in an update or a remake, as it does not say what percentage would actually want either.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But it does not actually guage for the interest in an update or a remake, as it does not say what percentage would actually want either.
    You mean to say an option that would like BOTH the update and the remake?

I'll be extremely happy if they remake Warcraft III, or make Warcraft IV with the same RPG elements. I used to enjoy playing it in the single-player RPG mode: on a regular melee map I used to create only a hero unit and then play with it in the alliance with AI. The current iteration of the game does not allow me to do much I have been dreaming of doing with this RPG mode.