Elemental Shaman Damage.

Hello,

My name is babaracs and I have hit a wall when it comes to progressing my damage. I have been logging most of my fights over the last week and a half to try and figure out what I am doing wrong. From what I can tell a major part of the damage disparity I am seeing is the legendary ring activate,this could most definitely be a large part of what I am missing but in there is no way that It is the only thing. I am praying that you guys could take a look at these logs and find out what I am missing or what I am doing wrong (rotation, cool down usage, dot up-time or lighting shield usage).

Warcraft Logs:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings.../latest#boss=0

World of Warcraft Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abaracs/simple

Its always great to have a 2nd opinion on what I can do to improve as a Elemental shaman

well just glancing over it there are a few things i can see on iron reaver atleast is. just checked your last kill on him.

FS uptime is rather low, u should have FS up on boss with a full timer when he goes up due to lava surge procs on the mines so it should be 100%
    u also dont UE all Your FS recast, like on 00:04:35.308, you 3rd FS 2nd u buffed, then u reapply it 13 secs later at 04:43 buffed up.
    So i think u should work on your planning on the shocks abit better.

i see u got lust 2 times so i guess u died at end. which gives u less dps.
    U also didnt use 2 pot during your 2/3 ascendance and u used CD's before the lust on pull.
    U also lost about 15% uptime on vortex in downphase (aka boss time), so may i ask at how many stacks do u use ES? do u track the timer for it?
    And you opener is all wrong. has i can see it u dont precast anything u start a LVB at 0 then pop asc for another lvb into buffing a FS with UE.
    That is wrong :P what u should do is this:

Pull timer at 5
    UE
    Fire ele
    Prepot
    Precast LB
    pull timer at 0 : FS
    LVB
    CD's
    LVB's
    ES @ 12 stacks for tier proc

Also this fight is abit rng for elementals due to CL range and amount of EQ u can get off. sometimes u get 0 other times u get 10+

X

Hey thanks a lot for looking at that! I am taking it that you looked at the mythic kill of iron reaver, and to be honest I feel I have really improved a lot sense then with my rotation and understanding of the boss fights.

To answer your question about my lightning shield usage it is as follows, During ascendance only using earth shock at 20 stacks, all other times are a priority list as follows: Lightning shield 20 stacks>LvB> Lightning shield at 16 stacks > lightning bolt. This is just purely the single target rotation.

If you were to look at any of the most recent kills from November 3rd in heroic that would be awesome! From what I am noticing there is a 20k damage differential between my Fulminations compared to the top parses in my bracket and I have no idea why. I think the best fight to see this on is Zakuun. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9 . I will definitely try this opener you are talking about here. My previous one was with a 15 sec pull timer:
    -15 UE
    -4 Fire ele
    -2 Precast LVB with prepot
    0 Lvb with ascendance
    then flameshock

Quote Originally Posted by babaracs View Post
    If you were to look at any of the most recent kills from November 3rd in heroic that would be awesome! From what I am noticing there is a 20k damage differential between my Fulminations compared to the top parses in my bracket and I have no idea why.
    When you look at tip-top parses, you're going to find lucky RNG. Looking at the two top parses (+20k and +12k over your fulm avg), they also had more than double the crit chance on fulm and the 20k had 10% more multistrikes. It's also possible that they got a relatively high number of 2pc procs (increasing their number of 20 stack vs 15 stack casts).

Your opener will be pretty much the same damage-wise to the conventional opener (posted by extrimity above), unless you go into the fights with an already high-number of lightning shield stacks (causing you to overcap during your FS cooldown in ascendance). I'd encourage you to swap, but would not expect it to be affecting your numbers.

Your gear looks extremely good for your ilvl/progression. Heroic class trinket and HWF xhul staff will be great for your damage.

Don't fire ele on pull if you're lusting at the end of a <5min fight, unless you choose to glyph it (which is an option in such a short fight, but I prefer to just leave it at 60s, as long as I won't lose any uptime). Similarly, save your second set of CDs for lust, and actually use a second potion. You're missing ring, so you'll (obviously) lose a bit of damage there. When you do get the ring, if your frodo is not saving it for lust (note: he did save it correctly here), yell at him.

well dont wait for 20 stacks. u dont wanna risk the change of loosing any stacks. 1 lb/lvb can give up to 3 stacks each, so u should ES on 15+ unless u have lvb proc which should be used then before u ES. waiting for 20 is a big waste :P

And like freddy says logs today for elementals are all about luck and proc's

Looking at logs I currently don't have a great feel for what a good up-time on my 4 piece is at the moment and what I should be trying to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by babaracs View Post
    Looking at logs I currently don't have a great feel for what a good up-time on my 4 piece is at the moment and what I should be trying to maintain.
    Don't worry about uptime on it. Just ignore the 4pc for the most part, and continue using your fulm over LB at 15 and over LvB at 20.

The above posts have done a good job helping you get an extra 1-2% of out your spec.

But in reality no amount of wise playing can make up for the fact that Ele is an under powered spec that is in need of serious attention.

But we're not going to get it.

See the updates? ...what a joke.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

See the updates? ...what a joke.
    It's a preview, the basic of the basic spells, the fundamentals.
    It's not included all the active/passive talents and what the artifact will bring.

I'm not saying Elemental will live up to everyone's expectation and all that. I'm not even sure myself how it will end up. Might be great, even meh, or worst case, shit.

But atleast chill with judging how the entire spec will play out already before we even got all the parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    But atleast chill with judging how the entire spec will play out already before we even got all the parts of it.
    I just have no good reason to expect anything better.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I'm having the same problem with mine, but can't figure out how to start a new thread