Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Deadly violence is decreasing because the health care is better at handling many cases that would've lead to the death of the victim in the past. <.<
    Joking right or did some medical miracles happen the past few years? <.< /s, whaaat!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Is this stuff true?
    http://10news.dk/?p=1523

Maybe the NRA is right if they don't have guns they use grenades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Joking right or did some medical miracles happen the past few years? <.< /s, whaaat!

Yeah, we've seen a decrease in deadly violence, but we've seen an increase in attempted murder and so on. That points to the health care being able to save people better than in the past, those could very well have been murder if it wasn't for the health care getting better. And the fact that the locations more oftently are outside influences it as well.
    https://www.bra.se/download/18.744c0...utveckling.pdf
    En bidragande orsak till minskningen av antalet vuxna som offer
    för fullbordat dödligt våld kan också vara att akutsjukvården räddar
    något fler offer än tidigare. Analyser av materialet indikerar exempelvis
    att akutsjukvården når offren något snabbare på 00-talet än
    på 1990-talet. Att en ökad andel av fallen sker utomhus och inte
    inne i privatbostäder kan också ha gett bättre förutsättningar för
    akutsjukvården att rädda liv.
    Försök till mord eller dråp tycks inte minska på motsvarande sätt som
    de fullbordade brotten. I stället har antalet domar för sådana brott
    ökat sedan början av 1990-talet. De årliga variationerna är visserligen
    stora, men det är tydligt att det sker en nivåförändring i slutet av
    1980- och början av 1990-talet (se figur 2). Enligt Brå:s urval av domar
    har antalet offer för försök till dödligt våld i relation till befolkningsutvecklingen
    ökat från omkring 0,5 personer per 100 000 invå-
    nare åren 1986–1992, 0,7 åren 1993–1999, till 0,8 personer åren
    2000–2006. Antalet gärningspersoner ökar i motsvarande grad.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2015-11-04 at 11:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Is this stuff true?
    http://10news.dk/?p=1523

Maybe the NRA is right if they don't have guns they use grenades.
    Well it link to http://www.jihadwatch.org/ that conclude we soon have to flee Sweden so I would go directly to the official statistics as a whole.
    Seems like alot of cherrypicking. Malmö is shit though and they had alot of explosives going on. It is also shit in all the major cities in neighbourhoods with poor a socioeconomic situation coupled with being predominantly immigrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Lovely double think. Violence isn't decreasing if it's increasing. however if violence is decreasing but more of the decreasing deaths are related to firearms focusing on the guns instead of the perpetrators is just a waste of time.
    Your way of looking at it will result in statements like this:
    Deadly violence with chainsaws increased therefor deadly violence isnt decreasing.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Well it link to http://www.jihadwatch.org/ that conclude we soon have to flee Sweden so I would go directly to the official statistics as a whole.
    Seems like alot of cherrypicking. Malmö is shit though and they had alot of explosives going on.
    I think they would pop champagner if they had Malmös crimerates in the US.
    A bit cynical to overplay it on an international board.^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Lovely double think. Violence isn't decreasing if it's increasing. however if violence is decreasing but more of the decreasing deaths are related to firearms focusing on the guns instead of the perpetrators is just a waste of time.
    Deadly violence is decreasing, but not because of less violence, but because they don't succeed in killing their victims as often as in the past, there's instead an increase in attempted murder and so on. It's quite dishonest to not mention this in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deadly violence is decreasing, but not because of less violence, but because they don't succeed in killing their victims as often as in the past, there's instead an increase in attempted murder and so on. It's quite dishonest to not mention this in my opinion.
    Some time I will look up increase per country(European) and see how it compares but that will be done when I'm not thinking about going to sleep.
    I will then compare it specifically to countries like Germany/UK etc for obvious reasons
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-11-04 at 11:30 PM.

Yeah, we've seen a decrease in deadly violence, but we've seen an increase in attempted murder and so on. That points to the health care being able to save people better than in the past, those could very well have been murder if it wasn't for the health care getting better. And the fact that the locations more oftently are outside influences it as well.
    https://www.bra.se/download/18.744c0...utveckling.pdf
    the national board of health and welfare (socialstyrelsen) keeps a database of everyone that go through the healthcare system: http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/statis...atistikdatabas

according to a report conducted by the same board in 2013 (using "patientregistret" - for more in-depth information on how they get their stats check here (page 20)), the amount of people that required care at a hospital for being injured by another person hasn't changed much in the last 10 years.

click for larger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    the national board of health and welfare (socialstyrelsen) keeps a database of everyone that go through the healthcare system: http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/statis...atistikdatabas

according to a report conducted by the same board in 2013 (using "patientregistret" - for more in-depth information on how they get their stats check here (page 20)), the amount of people that required care at a hospital for being injured by another person hasn't changed much in the last 10 years.
    [/url]
    click for larger
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to show when I'm talking about attempted murder, your picture includes, like, a lot more than just attempted murder cases. Attempted murder/"dråp" has gone up whilst deadly violence has gone down, something that is supported by BRÅ.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2015-11-05 at 01:55 AM.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to show when I'm talking about attempted murder, your picture includes, like, a lot more than just attempted murder cases. Attempted murder/"dråp" has gone up whilst deadly violence has gone down, something that is supported by BRÅ.
    i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, just providing some context re: violence in sweden (medical data will be more accurate than reported crime). if i am reading the image you posted correctly, 2014 showed a more than doubling of reported assaults and a near doubling of attempted murder. this isn't at all reflected in the medical statistics. the amount of people (per 100k) treated in swedish hospitals for injuries caused by another person was lower in 2010 than in 1990 as shown here (page 31).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, just providing some context re: violence in sweden (medical data will be more accurate than reported crime). if i am reading the image you posted correctly, 2014 showed a more than doubling of reported assaults and a near doubling of attempted murder. this isn't at all reflected in the medical statistics. the amount of people (per 100k) treated in swedish hospitals for injuries caused by another person was lower in 2010 than in 1990 as shown here (page 31).
    Measuring it like that is a bit misguiding though. To be counted as "being treated in hospital", you have to get admitted to hospital. Many don't have to get admitted to hospital for treatment of their injuries with assaults, some might just need to have an injury checked and documented and then they're on their way again after reassurance it'll heal on it's own. A quick visit to the ER doesn't get you under "Sluten vård" in the statistics, that's "Öppen vård", if I remember correctly. Same with visits to vårdcentral.

I read about some hospital study quite some time back, can't remember what it's called now due to time passed, but it basically stated that the amount of people who had visitted hospital after being assaulted and reported it was less now than in the past. Back in 1988 61% said they had reported the assault, some years later it was 55%. And back in 2007/2008, 61% said they won't report it, 30% wants to report it and 10% that they don't know what they want to do. At the same time we're seeing an increase in reported assaults. To me, that kind of reads as an actual increase, when 61% says they won't report it and there's an increase compared to when 61% said they already had reported it. :/
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2015-11-05 at 04:01 AM.