Boomkin role in rbgs

Thinking of giving rbgs a try. Now I play a druid usually feral but I really want to do RBGS and to do that id have to be boomkin. What would my role be in a team thats is even if people bring boomkins. Dot up everything in sight and nuke something when i have 3 starsurges? Cyclone and roots are a given but what else would I be expected to do? Ive gotten to like 1800 in rbgs in previous seasons but as fc, would be my first time trying it as bumkin. Any guides out there aswell that are up to date with talent recommendations etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

That's the general idea. Boomy, aff locks, spriests are all about dropping huge spread damage to just eat away at other healers mana, and then when a kill needs to be landed yes you pull some pretty big single target burst. Roots/ursols vortex/solar beam are also very very strong.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I haven't played much this particular season so I cannot speak to the current meta, but to my understanding PvP is dead anyway.

The traditional role of boomkin is as has been stated, dots, starsurge burst and cyclone. You will also be asked to be the peel player because of your mobility, but that is something that happens in higher ratings. In early ratings all you need to do is keep everyone dotted and rotate cyclones on high value targets like healers, dps in the grill of your healers, etc.

Things that will set you apart are the good usage of your set bonus to pump out starsurges, the ability to go with a stealth team to down flag carriers and people will 100% be looking at your overall damage numbers at the end of games. (even though at later ratings people understand that most of the "spread" pressure is wasted on meaningless targets)

Just try to always be with the group fight, where ever that may be and when you are called to do stealth ganks make sure you don't waste your burst into other people's defensive CDs. You can solo a stacked FC with one healer with a stealth clone on healer, bash on FC and unload buffed starsurges followed by solarbeam onto healer. So much damage and depending on CDs healer can't do anything about it.