Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    There is too much zeal and not enough skepticism.
    It just depends on what each person is talking about. One of the only specifics I have heard in this thread is Antarctica being completely melted by 2045. Either the science does or does not point to that. Currently there is no compelling evidence to show that will be true.

This is what the scientist herself had to say about this whole business where she predicted a mini ice age:

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina Zharkova
    “In the press release, we didn’t say anything about climate change,” she told USA TODAY. “My guess is when they heard about Maunder minimum, they used Wikipedia or something to find out more about it.”
    But no, this must be true and she's clearly just misunderstanding her own work. Sounds plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying I have any answers, but I really think people are overlooking the importance of Sun spot activity and its relation to Earth's climate. Sun spot activity in general is a interesting area of research.

I think one of the biggest problems in climatology models is accounting for all the variables and agreeing on what variables are relevant to what you are trying to model. However, I am not saying that carbon emissions do not effect the overall climate. I simply do not like the way some people approach climate research findings. There is too much zeal and not enough skepticism.
    The scientists working on it are always skeptical, which in a practical sense is all that really matters (an example being that new paper where a scientists re-evaluated the data and concluded that antarctica is gaining, not losing, ice).

But in a broader sense, true skepticism has been a casualty of the politicization of this subject and the wave of phony skepticism that followed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    '' A team of European researchers have unveiled a scientific model showing that the Earth is likely to experience a “mini ice age” from 2030 to 2040 as a result of decreased solar activity. ''

"" A decreased solar activity "".

Pretty sure that we can read this as: A team of European researchers have unveiled a scientific model planning that the Earth is likely to experience a vast geoingenering exercice, mother nature says

" EH NATURE IS A VILAIN MONSTER !!! " anthropocentrshit childish piss of scienshit bonobo says, probably.

'' Geoingenering doesn't exist plebes, hoomans is not guilty, neva, vryfing iz gud''

Endus probably
    This is the best artwork I've seen on this forum this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    (an example being that new paper where a scientists re-evaluated the data and concluded that antarctica is gaining, not losing, ice).
    Yes, props to NASA on having ethics. Although reporting sites could at least try to hide their agenda when specifically reporting on the Antarctica Ice Sheet, by not cherry picking their ending line with:

Quote Originally Posted by USA Today
    unless we reduce carbon emission quickly.

Eh, great, gives us a while to fix the current issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    But but but 99% of all "scientists" say...
    Yeah, 99% of scientists say one thing, but you're going to knee-jerk believe something you think a team of 40 scientists said?

Don't pretend you have the scientific upper-hand in a debate if you just cherry-pick which science you want to listen to.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict models fail to predict anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Is it misinformation if you don't believe it to be true?
    than that means one of two things: your ignorant or two your ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Because they whined that Endus was bias for infracting them for something that's against the rules. Claiming that tens of thousands of climate scientists are in on faking their data to push some agenda for grants is tinfoil jumpsuit illuminati lizard people level conspiracy, but it's apparently now allowed because "QQ mod bias QQ"

In other news:

We'll keep warming, just maybe not as fast. Solar radiation will continue even if it takes a small dip, and our CO2 levels have become astronomical.

We're about to pass the 400 ppm mark on a monthly average.
    or maybe they should go to other forums that will support their views. like infowars. getting real tired of their persecution complex.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Mother-Earth and Sky-Father are terrible parents.
    I laughed hard at this.

OT: I think we need more research.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I laughed hard at this..
    And thinking about it, Mother-Earth's rather mysogenist bitch. I mean really? periods, dysmenorrhea, and emotional swings? who does that to their children.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying I have any answers, but I really think people are overlooking the importance of Sun spot activity and its relation to Earth's climate. Sun spot activity in general is a interesting area of research.
    People do study these things, turns out.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Geographers and Astronomers are fighting it out to see which can give us a shittier future? Mother-Earth and Sky-Father are terrible parents.
    You think they are bad, you should see what their shitty kids did to the house.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The scientists working on it are always skeptical, which in a practical sense is all that really matters (an example being that new paper where a scientists re-evaluated the data and concluded that antarctica is gaining, not losing, ice).
    And are always after more and better data, which is why we are all eagerly awaiting ICEsat-2.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump