Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

So, flying being reintroduced is what stopped the sub hemorrhaging.

Take that, anti flyers. The massive sub bleeding that wasn't even slowed by the release of 6.2 was damn near stopped by a patch that did nothing but enable flight. Ok, well it had mercenary mode, but I don't know anyone who uncancelled their sub because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. If you think that adding flying back into the game stopped the sub loss, then you are clearly in denial.

I still run into people that didn't even know you could fly this expansion. Furthermore, the MMO C community is a lot smaller than you think it is.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that's kinda assuming a lot.

Hell, I can just as easily say "Subs stopped falling after Legion was announced. Legion saved WoW."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

a lot of assumptions being made in this thread.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

I'm sure it helped some, but given the amount of people complaining about having to complete stuff to earn it, I don't think it helped that much.

Release of 6.2 and WoW tokens were the biggest boons imo, though I'm just speculating like the OP]. I think this current quarter might have it rough though they could do something cool for the anniversary event, but you'd think it'd be on the PTR

Todd quit wow and now subs aren't going down as much.
    Clearly Todd was destroying wow.

You can't argue with that logic, don't even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have no idea, and we never will be able to tell just how many people quit because of no flying, nor how many are still playing ONLY because of flying getting reintroduced... The whole argument about flying being THE huge cause of people leaving WoW is impossible to support, yes numbers dropped like crazy at the start of WoD, but there are also thousands of other reasons why people could have left. The same could be said for why subs have somewhat leveled out right now.

Deleted
    LoL, i resubscribed and i don't even know how i can fly in Draenor
    Such a useless thing since there is no content in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Take that, anti flyers.
    "Correlation does not imply causation"

To me it was never really about the act of being able to fly. It was more how they handled it all. It really made me question how they were going to handle things in the future as well. Add in the fact that they had a flying mount as a perk in the collectors addition of WoD and you have alot of upset customers. By adding it back in and at least somewhat admitting they had messed up, went along way in restoring some of the faith that was lost. I think that may have helped stop the bleeding more than anything.

No, no, no. You see when they said
    Patch 6.2.2 helped to maintain a stable subscriber base.
    they actually meant the other 6.2.2 content; PvP Mercenary Mode and the Timewalking rewards. Clearly it wouldn't be flying. pft, crazy talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If subscriber losses stopped, they wouldn't have stopped reporting subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Take that, anti flyers. The massive sub bleeding that wasn't even slowed by the release of 6.2 was damn near stopped by a patch that did nothing but enable flight. Ok, well it had mercenary mode, but I don't know anyone who uncancelled their sub because of that.
    I have been very much pro-flying, but it is rather a stretch to say that one change which was not made in isolation is the cause of that.
    People leave the game, have breaks from the game, and come back to the game for a variety of reasons.
    Do I think it has brought some back ? Yes, but I don't think that single-handedly solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    If ignorant people would stop accusing blizzard of lying every time the sub numbers do not support their negative view, then blizzard may have continued reporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    No, no, no. You see when they said they actually meant the other 6.2.2 content; PvP Mercenary Mode and the Timewalking rewards. Clearly it wouldn't be flying. pft, crazy talk.
    "helped" - a very important word there.
    Was flying the most significant part of 6.2.2 to do that, quite possibly.
    But we shouldn't dismiss others, particularly in my view PvP Mercenary mode as that could be pretty significant for those who would PvP regularly were it not for faction imbalances.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-11-05 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

6.2.2 didnt come out untill the latests third of Q3...
    Yes,it was announced way before, sometime near July... But as delayed as it was, it probebly was the cause of those 100k leaving... Not the cause for the milions staying.

Also, dont jump to conclusions and dont believe every single word Blizz-Activision say....

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Nope im a pro flyer a d still unsubbed....reason lack of content. And the state where WoW is in. Now im just waiting on what Legion will bring. And everything when its out there on reviews of the real gamers is making me buy or dont buy Legion. Also will be if i ever return or not.

For know online gaming with real people in ps4 friends/family is more intresting then WoW in this state. Dont miss it neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Completely incorrect, while it may have helped...tokens is what stopped the hemorrhaging subs.

Fairly sure the tokens that didn't get included in the last quarter but did this quarter are the main reason. Nothing to do with flying, but congrats, you can now fly around doing all the lack of content!

WoD caused the massive sub loss, the announcement of no flying was the icing on the cake. Then they announced they would put flying back in, which may have stopped *some* subs from going bye bye. But overall, the loss came from the shitty expansion, not the flying.

You'll see a rise in subs again when the pre-patch hits for Legion. However, that won't be until next year sometime, I'm sure.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Or they stopped because it's simply no longer wanted by their shareholders, if profits rise, they don't give a damn about the subs.

Tbh, it's a good thing, maybe they will start thinking about bringing good content over keeping as many subs as possible.