Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    lot of classes/specs that out dps rogues
    you do realize that's none of them right?

combat is awful for single target because it's awesome for AOE
    and sub the other way around.

rogues are #1 on simcraft and are among the most consistently high ranked classes on Warcraftlogs and we're nigh unkillable

rogues are the best melee class in the game atm.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2015-11-05 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you do realize that's none of them right?

combat is awful for single target because it's awesome for AOE
    and sub the other way around.

rogues are #1 on simcraft and are among the most consistently high ranked classes on Warcraftlogs and we're nigh unkillable

rogues are the best melee class in the game atm.
    You have to remember that there are a ton of people who refuse to play the best specs due to ummmmmm not wanting to be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You have to remember that there are a ton of people who refuse to play the best specs due to ummmmmm not wanting to be better.
    But realistically they can't just buff/nerf classes based upon what the majority enjoy playing, because then you end up with pure unbalance and progress raiding becomes an absolute cakewalk, while those people playing the specs they want don't really do anything important enough that they NEED the changes.

Not sure if that's what you were implying but yolo.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    im fine with that, but then dont come crying about it not being the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    But realistically they can't just buff/nerf classes based upon what the majority enjoy playing, because then you end up with pure unbalance and progress raiding becomes an absolute cakewalk, while those people playing the specs they want don't really do anything important enough that they NEED the changes.

Not sure if that's what you were implying but yolo.
    I was implying that people will complain that Assasination or combat doesn't do as much single target dmg as Sub.

It's very common for the best spec to change tier to tier now.

Lol give Combat an ability similar to Swipe? Sounds fun. Jk that sounds awful. Rogues are amazing right now, plain and simple. Ferals, however, are one of the absolute worst classes to have in your raid for progression. If you don't like being the lowest damage in your raid for ST, learn to play Sub or Mut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by memnok View Post
    seeing a lot of classes/specs that out dps rogues getting buffed. What do we have to do join the fun? Combat is awful single target. If blizz is worried about us doing too much damage multi-target if they increase our single target dps give us the kitty druid treatment. Lose bf give us an attack that hits multiple targets like swipe.
    Those classes need those buffs.

Rogues don't need buffs.

Some nerfs maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrioslol View Post
    Lol give Combat an ability similar to Swipe? Sounds fun. Jk that sounds awful. Rogues are amazing right now, plain and simple. Ferals, however, are one of the absolute worst classes to have in your raid for progression. If you don't like being the lowest damage in your raid for ST, learn to play Sub or Mut.
    Balance wise? Yea. Playstyle wise? Feral is miles ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    anything's better than the pit of agony and obnoxiousness that is bandit's guile

the other two specs have great playstyles however(then again that's just an opinion)
    whenever i play feral i just feel energy starved outside CDs, feels much slower than rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    anything's better than the pit of agony and obnoxiousness that is bandit's guile

the other two specs have great playstyles however(then again that's just an opinion)
    whenever i play feral i just feel energy starved outside CDs, feels much slower than rogue.
    Bandit's Guile is still more interesting than Vendetta.

What about Feral's playstyle makes it better or more enjoyable than any of the rogue specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrioslol View Post
    What about Feral's playstyle makes it better or more enjoyable than any of the rogue specs?
    Bloodtalons

And no positional requirements.

Bandit's Guile is still more interesting than Vendetta.
    well vendetta at least guarantees a crit so it matters when u use it plus it flows into your rotation

bandit's guile is just a chore.

Bloodtalons

And no positional requirements.
    I disagree completely. If anything Bloodtalons made the spec even less interesting, clunky, and out of rhythm.

As for Backstab we all hate it. No secret there.

Deleted
    Combat's single target burst is actually not that bad with SC/ring... provided you have a lot of adds to cleave off of (like on M Iskar shadow).

well vendetta at least guarantees a crit so it matters when u use it plus it flows into your rotation

bandit's guile is just a chore.
    Uh, no. If you're trying to maximize your damage (which, why wouldn't you), lining up Deep Insights with burst phases is a fun mini-game. Not overly complex, but definitely makes you think ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc487ac5fab0; 2015-11-06 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Combat's single target burst is actually not that bad with SC/ring... provided you have a lot of adds to cleave off of (like on M Iskar shadow).
    Compared to Sub burst it's like a wet noodle though.

Uh, no. If you're trying to maximize your damage (which, why wouldn't you), lining up Deep Insights with burst phases is a fun mini-game. Not overly complex, but definitely makes you think ahead.
    I'm with you. Not too sure why everyone is so adamant about Bandits Guile's removal. It's really the only mechanic Combat has to offer that separates the good and bad players. Basically the foundation of the spec. The way you manipulate its progression can make or break you. Without Bandit's Guile there's nothing to really manage with Combat.

you call it a fun mini-game
    i call it a chore, i just hate the entire thing, it's not fun for me even in the slightest, my only wish for legion is for that to be either removed, or combat changed from a mandatory aoe spec.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2015-11-06 at 03:45 AM.

Rogue is in a very good spot in every way. Maybe perfect if assassination was a bit closer to sub single target?

Deleted
    I adore Bandit's Guile and especially this late in the expansion. You spend most of your time in red anyway, it's easy to track and it's easy to manipulate, none of the bullshit RnG involved, and you always know what gain you're going to get because it's a flat number. I love where combat is right now though naturally it could do with some single target tuning. Maybe 10% or so though beefing blade flurry.

Assassination is a boring spec with a boring cd that punishes target swapping, you press 2-3 buttons and do above average sustained but shitty burst. It's sort of in a fine spot it just so happens it doesn't fit the meta because we're in farm mode and it doesn't do burst.

Sub is the bane of my existence in this game. My numbers are dependant on an RnG proc and my damage is all in one button which I can only press on cool down. I hope it gets nerfed / changed prior to legion or I may lose my mind in the next 8 months.

As for feral, while I do agree that blood talons is a bit clunky and should be removed, I think feral is vastly more fun than rogue, but that's just personal opinion.