Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    They're going to be polishing them up with new content as well. New maps, new adventures, and new game features which I think is a great idea. I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Misleading title is missleading. They are hiring someone to make sure old games are compatable with newer OS's. Not to do HD remakes.
    I'm not so sure. If you read through all of the details it sounds like more than just a compatibility overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by b.net website
    Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.

Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
    Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
    Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
    Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
    Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
    The things they mention just seem to be more than "make this run on windows 10 plz"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    how long before people start crying about
    HD Vanilla servers ?

great news about old games getting some loving though
    We've been asking for those for years now!
    I'd give a year long sub for BC and WotLK legacy servers both :O

Quote Originally Posted by zeoh View Post
    I'm not so sure. If you read through all of the details it sounds like more than just a compatibility overhaul.

The things they mention just seem to be more than "make this run on windows 10 plz"
    They would need far more than one person to do this, fixing resolutions for modern monitors and making sure it runs on current generation OS's could all very easily fall under that. Besides if current generation gets to see a hd remake of diablo 2 , the d3 population will drop like a rock once everyone realizes how shit d3 is compared to d2.

Besides if current generation gets to see a hd remake of diablo 2 , the d3 population will drop like a rock once everyone realizes how shit d3 is compared to d2.
    So a financial genius move? I mean these people paid for D3, now pay for a D2 remake. Sounds like Blizzard can only win.

diablo 2 HD remake and SC : Brood war (HD) will destroy both diablo 3 and SC 2 to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account

I have waited long for this days.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    diablo 2 HD remake and SC : Brood war (HD) will destroy both diablo 3 and SC 2 to be honest.
    I agree they'll be amazing, but destroy might be a strong word. Nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I have waited long for this days.
    i concede, you win the interwebz
    Last edited by zeoh; 2015-11-05 at 09:20 AM.

Given the wording of the recruitment form, i don't this this can be more far from the truth.

All in the text points towards a single person hired fro C/C++ debugging for making the games run on newer system. A single person for all games is not an hint for an HD remake.

While i am one of the people drooling at the idea of a D2 HD remake, i don't see this happiening. I suppose it will end in a fix passage so the games can run on win10 maybe solving other bugs and making the available on the bnet launcher.

Hell, even this would be awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Who even told you ppl that they are gonna make any HD remakes? It might be simply adding support of Win10 and ppl all around reddit and other places go nuts because they think they are getting Diablo II LoD with updates and patches... Please ppl, leave this hype train while u still can or you will end up dissapointed by your own desires.

Misleading title is missleading. They are hiring someone to make sure old games are compatable with newer OS's. Not to do HD remakes.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoo View Post
    Who even told you ppl that they are gonna make any HD remakes? It might be simply adding support of Win10 and ppl all around reddit and other places go nuts because they think they are getting Diablo II LoD with updates and patches... Please ppl, leave this hype train while u still can or you will end up dissapointed by your own desires.
    I don't care if this will be HD remix, or patches that will make this games playable on newer Windows. I got 8.1 Windows, and got small issues with my WC3 while playing.

But still it's an good sign, since most devs don't support today games even one year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    But still it's an good sign, since most devs don't support today games even one year old.
    Blizzard have always supported their games. They still do ladder resets for Diablo 2 10 years later.

It is very possible I would abandon most other games for a HD Diablo 2. Very.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    They need to do warcraft 1 and 2. It's a task getting those to work.

If they're just HD remakes I'll probably skip all but diablo as I dont even have my discs for that anymore. W3 and SC still work perfectly.
    i dont understand why people have issues running warcraft ii on windows 7.....mine runs every single time. only issue i have is it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to start up.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i dont understand why people have issues running warcraft ii on windows 7.....mine runs every single time. only issue i have is it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to start up.
    My issue is the fastest speed is like lightning, and the one just down from that is too sluggish I find it ... not boring but annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Eh, at least when i bored i can install and play BW and Diablo 2 without them freezing my PC or crashing to desktop with a random error every 5 minutes, which is nice.

Interesting that they will make this inhouse. Only other dev I know who does it's own hd treatment is Square, everyone else gives it to someone else to do, like the GoW, and Jak & Daxter collections and many more.

I'm not sure I want to restart my D2 toons.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Hopefully more than just HD polishing for the old ones like Warcraft 1...the UI was rather annoying compared to Warcraft 2 and needs to be updated as well.