Unhappy UH necro/defile stat question

sorry if this question have been asked before.
    ive recently switched to UH from frost and fully gemmed for MS. do not like the BOS playstyle at all, its just not me.
    if i were to use necro/defile with UH, would just going back to frost be better and would gemming mastery serve me well for mythic gorefiend and other necroblight encounters*only reason i swiched to UH*

If you don't play BoS you might as well stay frost. If you play UH for Gorefiend only mastery will be just fine yes

You'll still do competitive damage without Breath, but not as good obviously. Depending on your comp, strat and other such factors sometimes NP might be better to use anyways compared to Breath. Defile would be a fine alternative as well.
    Comparatively Unholy and Frost aren't too far apart and while progressing it's best you keep (if possible) both specs up to date so that you can swap as needed.

Mastery would indeed be good for something like Gorefiend although if you gem MS or mastery matters little. I stay full mastery gems even for single target Unholy.

thanks alot for the answers guys.