Thread: pc wont start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valerios1 View Post
    is there any way i can check if the VRMs been destroyed?

- - - Updated - - -

h t t p s : / / postimg(dot)org/image/bm0w93xu1/
    h t t p : / / postimg(dot)org/image/i29uz76dl/
    h t t p : / / postimg(dot)org/image/43hr0h6h5/
    h t t p : / / postimg(dot)org/image/wa451l8g9/
    btw i dnt know if it helps or not but because this is my first build i followed a video on youtube about how and in what order i need to connect everything from start to finish. if u want to find the video u can type : cosmos 2 complete build and its a vid of a guy who assembly way much complicated and larger specs and size pc than me vid last about 2 hours ish

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Blitzking;37046222]Does your motherboard LED display anything? Or does nothing but the CPU work?[/QUOTno it doesnt only the power supply unit works

the cpu cooler fans spin right?
    does the gpu has a fan? Does it spin? Do you have any other gpu to test?
    You said you have 2x4gb ddr3, in the pics I can only see 1. Have you tested with both, with one each, and with none?
    Try to clear cmos, remove the rounded battery for 30s-1minute, it won't hurt anything other than resetting settings in the bios.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    the cpu cooler fans spin right?
    does the gpu has a fan? Does it spin? Do you have any other gpu to test?
    You said you have 2x4gb ddr3, in the pics I can only see 1. Have you tested with both, with one each, and with none?
    Try to clear cmos, remove the rounded battery for 30s-1minute, it won't hurt anything other than resetting settings in the bios.
    nothing spins the gpu has a fan inside it yes and i run a paper clip test worked fine, i dnt have any other gpu . the reaosn why i use only 1 stick on the pic its because i was doing a bench test and yes i tried bother sticks in diff ram slots nothing worked i also tried to remove battery for few min but still nothing , same with the CMOS button there r literally no signs of anything working appart from the gpu (the power supply)

nothing spins the gpu has a fan inside it yes and i run a paper clip test worked fine, i dnt have any other gpu . the reaosn why i use only 1 stick on the pic its because i was doing a bench test and yes i tried bother sticks in diff ram slots nothing worked i also tried to remove battery for few min but still nothing , same with the CMOS button there r literally no signs of anything working appart from the gpu (the power supply)
    So, not even the cpu cooler works?
    Do you have another PSU to test?
    Either the psu is busted and is not giving out energy, or the mobo is busted.
    What do you mean in the bolded part? the gpu fan spins?
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2015-11-05 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    So, not even the cpu cooler works?
    Do you have another PSU to test?
    Either the psu is busted and is not giving out energy, or the mobo is busted.
    What do you mean in the bolded part? the gpu fan spins?
    the cpu fans not spinning the case fans not spinning the psu is fine and works properly cause i run a paper clip test on it so there should be energy coming out of it i can also hear it working

15+ Year Old Account
    http://postimg.org/image/bm0w93xu1/full/

On this picture right "below" the North Bridge heatsink I see 2 caps and then a position for another cap and a chip directly below that.
    Now it may be reflection from a light source but the left pin of that chip looks like a burn mark and the capacitor position looks like to have some smoke coming off it.
    Maybe it's just the light source as I said but it sure as hell looks like it.

But no, apart from a smell, you cannot tell if the VRM is dead unless it went up in flames literally or you dismantle the mobo and lose warranty.

What you could try is another FX CPU, like an FX-6300 or smaller.
    This to check if the mobo still lives.

Question: Why have such a CPU etc. but such a shitty ass graphics card?

Regardless I believe your issue still lies in the mobo.

Deleted
    On this picture right "below" the North Bridge heatsink I see 2 caps and then a position for another cap and a chip directly below that.
    Now it may be reflection from a light source but the left pin of that chip looks like a burn mark and the capacitor position looks like to have some smoke coming off it.

But no, apart from a smell, you cannot tell if the VRM is dead unless it went up in flames literally or you dismantle the mobo and lose warranty.

Regardless I believe your issue still lies in the mobo.[/QUOTE]

that picture shows only the liquid cooler fans with the radiator connected to it and a small part of the motherboard i havent sense any smell of smoke or anything similar to be honest, wouldnt really want to buy another CPU as they r expensive. reason why i have such a low graphic card is that im not playing any games that need a powerful one its an online web based but its quite important to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless I believe your issue still lies in the mobo.
    that picture shows only the liquid cooler fans with the radiator connected to it and a small part of the motherboard i havent sense any smell of smoke or anything similar to be honest, wouldnt really want to buy another CPU as they r expensive. reason why i have such a low graphic card is that im not playing any games that need a powerful one its an online web based but its quite important to me.[/QUOTE]

sorry i just have seen the whole picture but still there isnt any smoke, do u think the VRM is still ok ?

15+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    sorry i just have seen the whole picture but still there isnt any smoke, do u think the VRM is still ok ?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can then recommend to you (as I said, we cannot tell if the VRMs are still alive or not) is to go to a computer store and have them try out your mainboard with another FX series chip, like an FX-8320/8350/8370 and see if it boots.

If it doesn't then you have your answer.