Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question about Pets

So, I returned recently to find quite a few changes to the game. I've noticed that gear no longer plays a role with pets but wasn't sure about they're influence levels. (does weapon damage help or is their weapon just for looks?)
    Does a higher influence level give more damage/healing/tanking? Or does it still only effect crew missions and crafting?

Thanks!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Yes, influence level gives you more presence while that companion is out, which improves the companions combat stats.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great, thank you so much!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I'm not sure my Kham Val would appreciate being called a pet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, influence level gives you more presence while that companion is out, which improves the companions combat stats.
    Each influence level gives +50 presence, but I'm not sure what that means - as in damage increase etc.

I finally logged in and... it was a bit alarming, but I got Nadia sorted out and boosted her a couple quick influence levels. Your companions will start off up to a max of rank 10 influence, if you maxed their affection.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Influence gains seem to be very fast and easy.

I returned to the game at the weekend, and started a new Sith Warrior. I'm now level 19, at Lord Granthan's compound on DK, and Vette has already reached Influence 12. She's super powerful.

I didn't do any deliberate or special grinding of Influence -- just bought the cheap perks that boost Conversations and Gifts by +30% each. When I got to the fleet, I gave her a couple dozen random Underworld gifts that were gathering dust in the cargo holds of old alts; and I got fairly lucky with some conversation choices that she approved of in the Black Talon solo FP.

I don't know whether influence levels slow down as you get higher, i.e. each subsequent level costs more than the last .. but at this rate, I'll be maxed out before the end of chapter two!!

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It definitely slows down, but not a ton. My Khem Val was about 23 before I put him on the shelf for Ashara at around 35? No companion gifts either. Purely just picking convo options he agreed with (which as a dark side Inquisitor isn't too hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I don't know whether influence levels slow down as you get higher, i.e. each subsequent level costs more than the last .. but at this rate, I'll be maxed out before the end of chapter two!!
    No you won't. You really really won't. Unless you have a few thousand gifts laying around.

To be more specific - you have influence 12 - that's about 15000 influence. Out of a total of 250000. You're at 6%

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    No you won't. You really really won't. Unless you have a few thousand gifts laying around.

To be more specific - you have influence 12 - that's about 15000 influence. Out of a total of 250000. You're at 6%
    I'm rank 50 on 7 companions. Its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    but at this rate, I'll be maxed out before the end of chapter two!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I'm rank 50 on 7 companions. Its possible.
    In chapter 2? Without gifts? I find that hard to believe. Did you spend the last 2 weeks in BT?

Waaait a minute, you don't have 7 companions in chapter 2 .... ooooh you mean at 65 after spending millions on gifts. Yeah me too. What's your point?
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-11-10 at 10:50 AM.

While weapons don't increase their damage you do want to make sure they have one so they can and will fight the correct way. Some of them will not use all of their abilities if you don't give them and weapon and they are just punching in melee range.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."