7+ Year Old Account

Assassin's Creed Chronology

After watching Yogcast Hannah's latest Assassin's Creed: Syndicate video it got me interested wanting to play through all the AC games at some point (after I've gone through everything else in my Steam Library) but like with me playing Mass Effect I like playing the games in order of their events IE in chronological order so I did some Googling, which you'll have to do since I can't post links yet, I did assassin's creed chronology order in Google to find it and the right result is on the second page of the search titled: The Definitive Chronological Playing Order Of The Assassin’s Creed Games dated October 28 2015.

Is the order shown via the Google the right order to play them in or is it missing something ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The meta story was in the order they were released.

The time periods more or less matched that order, with one exceptions being AC3 takes place after AC4, in terms of time periods only. The meta story (Abstergo, Desmond, etc., still takes place before AC4).

So yeah, just play them in the order they were released.

Assassin's Creed
    AC 2
    AC: Brotherhood
    AC Revelatons
    AC 3
    AC 4: Black Flag
    AC Rogue
    AC: Unity
    AC: Syndicate

Hope that helps! Be warned, some games are better than others. For instance, the first AC wasn't that great, but in part 2, the series really started to kick off. My favorite along those is Black Flag, but that's subjective and due to my love for the "open-world" feel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah I know some games are better than others like recently I've been playing the Batman Arkham games and I definitely noticed the difference between features on the games but again I'd play them in order of their events and I know some games overlap by like a couple of years.

Oh yeah I quite love game music myself since recently I've found myself listening to the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack quite a lot among soundtracks from other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual release order is what matters for the meta plot

You will love 2, brotherhood (my fav), and black flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Liyka View Post
    After watching Yogcast Hannah's latest Assassin's Creed: Syndicate video it got me interested wanting to play through all the AC games at some point (after I've gone through everything else in my Steam Library) but like with me playing Mass Effect I like playing the games in order of their events IE in chronological order so I did some Googling, which you'll have to do since I can't post links yet, I did assassin's creed chronology order in Google to find it and the right result is on the second page of the search titled: The Definitive Chronological Playing Order Of The Assassin’s Creed Games dated October 28 2015.

Is the order shown via the Google the right order to play them in or is it missing something ?
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Assassins Creed Revelations
    Assassins Creed 3
    Assassins Creed Liberation
    Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag(present day story wise here, past story wise takes place before the two above games recommended to play in this order)
    Assassins Creed Rogue
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Assassins Creed Syndicate

Is the chronological order of the 3rd person action adventure games. Not sure how that 2D China spin off release not too long ago fits in relation to that if you care about it.