The smallest absorb is taken first, so your trinket will be taken before a huge IP

- - - Updated - - -

I believe haste / crit > mastery > versatility for dps

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    I'm having a really hard time understanding why people are upset Focused Rage is possibly going away. It's a minority of people obviously, but it's still annoying.

If you guys are whining about shit you just macro together anyway, then stop whining. Ask for baseline buffs. Anything that you macro-and-forget to save action bar space is poor design. You can't possibly argue in favor of button bloat without purposefully omitting macroing.

It doesn't matter if it's off GCD or not. All (important) Defensive skills are off GCD.

Stop defending shitty parroted playstyles that the even the majority of players can see are counter-intuitive when the problem is baseline abilities hit for shit compared to other classes. Parroting just signaling the devs to put less effort or even throw nerfs. There's no reason Warriors shouldn't be doing comparable damage to other tanks baseline.

Ask for baseline buffs. Stop asking for button bloat. Don't ask for spammable offensive skills off GCD that you're just going to macro and forget when they can just as easily buff abilities that are on GCD that deserve being pressed.

As for Devsator they specifically said it's a playstyle choice. They know and don't intend it for bleeding-edge content in general outside niches. Legion Devastate serves no purpose except to reset Shield slam and swallow GCD. Devastator is a simple, clean talent choice and only reason people are bitching is the same reason they'd bitch if any other ability got replaced--They'll have to wait to get fed crackers to go back to parroting whatever the FotM build is because they're more concerned with being figuratively above the rest of the playerbase than actually playing the game.

As for Revenge nothing important changes because because Prot Warriors don't have an on-demand spammable aoe and rely too much on a passive bleed to hold threat. The solution to this would to simply make Revenge 360 (or at least 270) range, or just replace Revenge with Whirlwind.

Revenge existed because of stances. Now that stances are gone, there's no reason for Revenge to exist and Whirlwind can supersede all functions it provided through prot-only passive/talents.

The only, ONLY way Heroic Strike could come back is if they bring back rage-gen on auto-attacks for Prot. It only ever existed to give you a reason to not sit at capped Rage.

@Voyle Artifact ability, much like other class/specs, exists to attmped to fill a gap. Prot War artifact is an AoE that doubles as an emergency defensive cooldown that synergizes with the critical block elite trait. The problem is that, unlike Fist of Fury, it can be easily interrupted/wasted. Originally it was suppose function like Aegis of Aggramar... but we got a shitty throwaway Artifact instead.
    your IQ is either < 65 or an LFR hero.

How would you guys rate tanking legenderies? I know some are situational, but how would you rank them from best to worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Borcaxe View Post
    How would you guys rate tanking legenderies? I know some are situational, but how would you rank them from best to worse?
    Depends on what you're tanking. All of them are not gamebreaking like for dps classes, but after 7.1.5 necklace with it's 30% hp shield every 30s looks very good for tanking. But ovearall 10rage=1%hp wrists and +rage for shield slam/revenge are the most useful in pure tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Borcaxe View Post
    Gloves are by far the strongest, I'd say the Bracers are all around the best runner up.

Belt is good for M+ but pretty bad for raiding and it's the opposite for Wells Fall.

Destiny Driver has good stats but the effect is super underwhelming.

Funny you say that as I have both Destiny Driver and the Belt LOL I am the KING of mid-tier underwhelming legiondaries haha
    Then again, I'm intercepting my ass off so I make good use of DD on our DK off-tank with lacking CD's (makes p2 Cenarious manageable)

Quote Originally Posted by mugthrall View Post
    Funny you say that as I have both Destiny Driver and the Belt LOL I am the KING of mid-tier underwhelming legiondaries haha
    Then again, I'm intercepting my ass off so I make good use of DD on our DK off-tank with lacking CD's (makes p2 Cenarious manageable)
    I have the two you have & the Manno bracers. While the effect on the chest may not be amazing, the sheer amount of stats it gives puts it above anything 'cept the gloves (which I'd die for), in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish blood and Thunder was back
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Hi !
    What is/are the best defensive relic we can use as prot warrior ?
    I already saw some crazy things with full "Shatter the bones" aka %crit on shield slam. How many weapon-ilvl can we drop to get this kind of BiS relic ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biskot View Post
    Hi !
    What is/are the best defensive relic we can use as prot warrior ?
    I already saw some crazy things with full "Shatter the bones" aka %crit on shield slam. How many weapon-ilvl can we drop to get this kind of BiS relic ?
    Best two traits are the increased % on Ignore pain and as a close follow up its +% armor.

As a rule of thumb, if the relic you got is 10 or more ilvl better you´ll use it no matter the trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Wish blood and Thunder was back
    I'm feeling you on that one, especially with the change to revenge coming up :/
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post

As a rule of thumb, if the relic you got is 10 or more ilvl better you´ll use it no matter the trait.
    I wouldn't agree on 10 ilvl, but 15+ is generally fine.

Is there a way to search this post for best trinkets for defense? or raids? Im new sorry

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedseraph View Post
    Is there a way to search this post for best trinkets for defense? or raids? Im new sorry
    The issue is, that many dungeon trinkets are competetive but they need to procc wf/tf to be compareable to raid trinkets. Examples for those good trinkets from dungeons would be Impenetrable Nerubian Husk (from Anub esset, violet hold) and Shivermaw´s Jawbone (Shivermaw, violet hold). Those are solid on high itemlevels but especially hard to get, since there is no Mythic+ for Violet Hold.

If you do not have access to gear above ~860, then the Darkmoon Deck is pretty much the best pick. For its Itemlvl (Which is capped at 855 I believe) it packs the most punch.
    IF you have access to better gear, especially raidgear, I´d shoot for Grotesque Statuette (Xavius) and probably Goblet of Nightmarish ichor (Ilgynoth). But don´t pick those if you just plan to do lfr or get your hands on high level dungeon trinkets like mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    The issue is, that many dungeon trinkets are competetive but they need to procc wf/tf to be compareable to raid trinkets. Examples for those good trinkets from dungeons would be Impenetrable Nerubian Husk (from Anub esset, violet hold) and Shivermaw´s Jawbone (Shivermaw, violet hold). Those are solid on high itemlevels but especially hard to get, since there is no Mythic+ for Violet Hold.

If you do not have access to gear above ~860, then the Darkmoon Deck is pretty much the best pick. For its Itemlvl (Which is capped at 855 I believe) it packs the most punch.
    IF you have access to better gear, especially raidgear, I´d shoot for Grotesque Statuette (Xavius) and probably Goblet of Nightmarish ichor (Ilgynoth). But don´t pick those if you just plan to do lfr or get your hands on high level dungeon trinkets like mentioned above.
    I plan on raid tanking. So whatever is best for that is what i need. Our tanks are flakes. May or may not show up they dont work on bettering their gear or AP. Everyones tired of it so im going to tank. Just need to know what is best for raid tanking. Havent tanked on a warrior since BC

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Actually typed up a whole response to this then deleted it. Won't even bother arguing the point when the only concern for 90% of people are things that mean absolutely nothing to a tank. "But mah Deeps!" - no one gives a shit you're a tank. "25% hp lost!" - Slightly better argument but still not relevant because if this is whats saving you then you should be looking at your gameplay or your healers. "25% more IP" - Little closer to meaning something ... But again, 25% more to a single IP really all just depends on rage gen and how fast you can get them up. If Dev lets you get IP up more consistantly or allows for stacking of IPs then that 25% extra means nothing. Until we see the rest of the changes everything is speculation
    Just because you never do any progression raids where your ilvl can't carry you, and where every bit of dps counts, it doesn't mean it's not important.

Two nice links for trinkets: 1 2
    Not sure how up to date they are though (like, if they take into account the 7.1 buff to some trinkets) and they don't even agree on the relative value for each trinkets. But at least it gives a good idea. Also, first link includes some nice explanations/justifications about the ranking, so that's neat too.

Mythic+ wise, how is my 855socketed shivermaw compared to 865socketed angerboda/845str+haste+socket stat stick/opera 855 ringbell/875 seed pod/ 840 arcanocrystal/845 chrono shard/ 865 EotS pearl/865 nature's call?
    on the other slot i use DMF immortality , plz correct me if i need to use another from those i mentioned. Always talking about survivability wise
    Without haste trinkets im standing at 25% haste 2% versa, 45%mastery
    When switching trinkets in dungeon with equip proc effect , dont they have a hidden cd timer before start proccing? or is it reseted by the time you are oocombat? Havent tested/notice it and id like to know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Two nice links for trinkets: 1 2
    Not sure how up to date they are though (like, if they take into account the 7.1 buff to some trinkets) and they don't even agree on the relative value for each trinkets. But at least it gives a good idea. Also, first link includes some nice explanations/justifications about the ranking, so that's neat too.
    THank you. Guess im dropping 76k on Immortality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedseraph View Post
    THank you. Guess im dropping 76k on Immortality
    Immortality is definitely worth the gold.

While I usually agree with Macrologia, I don't with his assessment of stat sticks or Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor. With just a Weakaura and the normal amount of awareness, I've had ease maintaining at least 30% uptime across nearly all encounters. I had 47.4% uptime on Guarm last night. That's far better than his valuation. Additionally, I feel the valuation of Majordomo's Dinner Bell is a good bit too high in the second list. A Stamina trinket, even with the on-use effect, just isn't great.

Defenses are great, and survival is certainly your primary focus as a tank, but damage output is always important. Well-itemized stat sticks and Goblet are among your highest-priority dps trinkets, making them very strong overall.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2016-11-29 at 01:35 PM.