Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Players should be concerned with as much as possible. A tank should focus on holding aggro. If a tank can hold aggro, he/she should then focus on mitigation. If a tank can do both those, he/she should focus on mechanics. If a tank can do all three, then DPS is the order of the day... Something like that, anyway.
    That's probably a good reason why there are still so few tanks, relatively speaking (though as the years pass they do seem to make up a larger % of the playerbase).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Players should be concerned with as much as possible. A tank should focus on holding aggro. If a tank can hold aggro, he/she should then focus on mitigation. If a tank can do both those, he/she should focus on mechanics. If a tank can do all three, then DPS is the order of the day... Something like that, anyway.
    I´d like this as my signature, but appearantly it is too large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

At first I was unhappy with them taking away off gcd rage dumps, but at the moment I'm wondering what they need to do to get tanks to understand they should be using focused rage or ignore pain at all?

The last 10 heroics I've been healing with warriors about 6 of them had 100+ rage the whole time.

This is what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/DxFoI

No matter the hp, he always had 100+ rage.
    Last edited by IKT; 2016-12-17 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    heroics
    10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    10 characters
    Yeah, this is where most tanks generally are at, I'd say there's more prot warriors doing heroics than anything else in the game besides maybe world quests.

If the majority of tanks aren't getting it, this leads me to understand why they're making it even simpler to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Yeah, this is where most tanks generally are at, I'd say there's more prot warriors doing heroics than anything else in the game besides maybe world quests.

If the majority of tanks aren't getting it, this leads me to understand why they're making it even simpler to tank.
    It doesn't surprise me. A more novice player is going to be struggling with situational awareness as well as pushing buttons, so simplifying the demands of the latter helps. It's a shame in that the active/GCD-bound play style was actually fun for many established players.

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    So revenge got nerfed down and the duration on shield slam extending shield block reduced, I guess the duration was kind of justified (since it was probably too good at certain points), this probably will have an effect on our haste value too. I'm not sure about the revenge nerf though, it's still surprising how Prot Paladins are getting away with retarded amounts of AoE DPS.
    I think the nerf to the extended duration probably had more to do with us getting alot more shield slam procs on the PTR.... especially if you take devastor. Now, every single one of our abilities procs shield slam, which in turn was drastically lowering the amount of haste we needed for 100% shield block up time. As a bonus for them, it also makes the talent look less attractive when compared to the other two.... which is what they have been trying to accomplish with this patch.

Either way, the extra shield block duration is probably gonna still be our go-to for mitigation.... and probably won't hurt us that much since we're getting more shield slams now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It's random, so it'll save some healer mana and sometimes it might save you, but it's not a reliable save for every encounter. Legendary trinket looks better in comparison. But anyway it's a very good legendary IMO, one of the best available.
    What do you mean random? It activates every 30 seconds.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/132444-pr...cs-magnum-opus

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    What do you mean random? It activates every 30 seconds.
    I think he means that you can't decide on your own when to active it, like an ability with a 30 sec Cooldown. This mechanic would make the item more flexible to specific situations instead of just tanking random damage.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/machine-learning/

AMR is changing their way of calculating stats. For people who understand it a little better, will it improve the sims for us, or will they still not work (pretty sure it won't do anything, just making sure).

Deleted
    So, since the patch appears to be nearly here, should we expect any changes to stat-priority, and do we know if Devastator is just for those who want a less APM heavy rotation or is it actually on par with the other talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    So, since the patch appears to be nearly here, should we expect any changes to stat-priority, and do we know if Devastator is just for those who want a less APM heavy rotation or is it actually on par with the other talents?
    Stats probably aren't changing. Devastator is better than Indomitable if and only if you can use it correctly. More from us when we get closer to release.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2016-12-25 at 03:07 AM.

Has Devastator been confirmed to work/not work with the auto-attack ring from CoS yet?

Has Devastator been confirmed to work/not work with the auto-attack ring from CoS yet?
    Does not work, devastator is completely separate damage from your auto attacks in damage breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    Does not work, devastator is completely separate damage from your auto attacks in damage breakdown.
    Thanks for confirmation Just a Chrono Shard to farm, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the Shieldhog View Post
    Stats probably aren't changing. Devastator is better than Indomitable if and only if you can use it correctly. More from us when we get closer to release.
    I wish I would've called this earlier, cause I was plannning on using devastator any way possible. Even thought about using it on progress. Thanks guys for the math!

hey guys looking at getting back into tanking and have my warrior sitting at 110. I really love the warrior aesthetic and was wondering how the play style and strength is fairing into 7.1.5 for specifically mythic + content. Otherwise I have a paladin at 110, a Brm at 110 which I don't enjoy very much and a druid leveling atm.

Am not a fan of the ultimatum/ vengeance build on live so seeing that it's going I thought I might jump back on the old warrior to try and make significant progress in mythic plus. If it's any help my brother plays a resto sham that I will be running with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    hey guys looking at getting back into tanking and have my warrior sitting at 110. I really love the warrior aesthetic and was wondering how the play style and strength is fairing into 7.1.5 for specifically mythic + content. Otherwise I have a paladin at 110, a Brm at 110 which I don't enjoy very much and a druid leveling atm.

Am not a fan of the ultimatum/ vengeance build on live so seeing that it's going I thought I might jump back on the old warrior to try and make significant progress in mythic plus. If it's any help my brother plays a resto sham that I will be running with.
    Personally i dont like the Ultimatum / vengeance build either so i play with avatar and booming voice instead. I feel like this works fine for me.( i have the legendary belt). I feel like we are in the middle of the playfield when it comes to tanking in m+. I think we will be getting stronger in 7.1.5 with more aoe dmg and more procs on our ss with tc and devestator. and i havnt noticed much difference with my dmg to other warrior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the Shieldhog View Post
    Is it close enough to release yet? I'm sincerely curious what you mean by "correctly". I would have thought the optimal use of devastator would have been obvious, but maybe I'm missing something. Please share (even in general terms) the optimal strategy if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by irogar View Post
    Is it close enough to release yet? I'm sincerely curious what you mean by "correctly". I would have thought the optimal use of devastator would have been obvious, but maybe I'm missing something. Please share (even in general terms) the optimal strategy if you have one.
    By "release", I was referring more to the patch itself than anything we're working on. Things can still change, so that's why we haven't really spoken about it, aside from us still working on guides and such. Basically, you track your auto attack swing timer and try not to use abilities at the same time it happens, since your AAs can reset SS as well. It's a lot more difficult than it sounds, especially in practice. Macro is working on a guide that explains it very well, which he will share closer to the patch when things are finalized.