15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Started leveling my Fury alt, my first legendary is the bracers . How good are they for Prot with Indomitable? I'm only 852 geared atm, so not taking Devastator yet because of people focusing too much on my hp.
    Bracers are very powerful for protection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    They finally responded on the class dev forums
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=10#post-187
    FeelsBadMan time to reroll druid if this incompetence on the devs part keeps up
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Started leveling my Fury alt, my first legendary is the bracers . How good are they for Prot with Indomitable? I'm only 852 geared atm, so not taking Devastator yet because of people focusing too much on my hp.
    Leg bracers are very powerful combined with Devastator, since you supposedly generate way more rage with that skill in comparison to Indom.

More rage generated = more heal.

Deleted
    I got the bracers yesterday and use them with Devastator (increases rage regen), Kakushans (increases rage regen), Vengeance (bracers uses base rage cost for the heal, so a 39 Ignore Pain heals for 6%), and 4-set (increases rage regen). I feel like I can do dungeons below 10 without a healer and on 10+ I barely require any healing on bosses. They increase self healing by about 30%. One of the weaknesses (in my opinion) is lack of self healing for prot, this legendary fixes that issue. So they are extremely strong and even get crit in 7.2 (still hope they change that in versatility). So you should try tanking if you like it

I can understand if they don't change it to versatility. That, with its effect, would make them absolutely god-tier legendary for prot. The only fight you might not use it is if the damage is SO negligible, that you don't even really need any healing at all.

At least having crit, we aren't 100% enthusiastic about the bracers. Only 95% enthusiastic.

Deleted
    i'd rather have 30% for 10 seconds then 50% for 5 seconds on spell reflect. 50% for 5 seconds is great for burst damage but the problem is sustained damage more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i'd rather have 30% for 10 seconds then 50% for 5 seconds on spell reflect. 50% for 5 seconds is great for burst damage but the problem is sustained damage more often then not.
    I agree 1000%. Like the thread, I personally think they need to look at baseline issues to fix it more, though. Unless in Tomb,magic is in brief spiked and the majority of damage is physical, their changes they've proposed are basically nothing more than giving us time to work on brewmasters or bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything's fine, they are buffing us through a legendary item! You're shit out of luck if you don't have said item though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    I got the bracers yesterday and use them with Devastator (increases rage regen), Kakushans (increases rage regen), Vengeance (bracers uses base rage cost for the heal, so a 39 Ignore Pain heals for 6%), and 4-set (increases rage regen). I feel like I can do dungeons below 10 without a healer and on 10+ I barely require any healing on bosses. They increase self healing by about 30%. One of the weaknesses (in my opinion) is lack of self healing for prot, this legendary fixes that issue. So they are extremely strong and even get crit in 7.2 (still hope they change that in versatility). So you should try tanking if you like it
    Nice, time to swap to Devastator and hit M+ as Prot.

Cheers for the quick replies guys, refreshing

Deleted
    Hey guys,
    Its my first time posting here, although i have been following the forum a while now. My problem concerns t19 4-piece set bonus. I simply cannot evaluate it properly. The problem is that i currently have the head and the back equipped which are both pretty solid stat wise. However not only all the rest set items have crit on them, but moreover i have other non-tier items with good stats and even higher ilvls. For example i got 900 ilvl legs with haste mastery, etc.... So i am in a situation that in order to go for the 4-set bonus, i lose at the same time good stats in favor of crit and ALSO ilvls. So i need a helpful responce on how i should evaluate that 4-piece bonus, which honestly, i dont really feel like i want to pursue.. btw characters name is Thorandir - Grim Batol, europe.

EDIT. to be really specific, all the t19 items i have (NOT equipped :shoulders,chest,gloves,legs) are 10 ilvls or more below the non-set items that i have equipped in their place.
    Last edited by mmocd38db31092; 2017-03-15 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    you want shoulders and legs aswell for 4 set, its okay but not amazing. I wouldn't drop ilvl for 4 set in raids but its better for m+.

Don't use elemental foci trinket, it almost never procs and is really bad in general. Infernal Contract isn't great either and i would try to get Statsticks or Darkmoon deck + arcanocrystal
    Last edited by mmocf46fb169cc; 2017-03-15 at 03:58 PM.

The optimal 4 piece is head, cloak, shoulders, pants. Head and cloak are great, the others are okay.

That said, 4set on prot warrior is not very good at all. In mass aoe scenarios, it can be pretty good. In others, it does not produce,enough rage to outweigh better stat pieces. I would still keep 2 piece on all but Star Augur, using helm and cloak, however. With star augur, a haste/vers helmet would be good, since the blockable abilities are so few, and so short, that 2set doesnt help for most of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyt View Post
    you want shoulders and legs aswell for 4 set, its okay but not amazing. I wouldn't drop ilvl for 4 set in raids but its better for m+.

Don't use elemental foci trinket, it almost never procs and is really bad in general. Infernal Contract isn't great either and i would try to get Statsticks or Darkmoon deck + arcanocrystal
    thx for the feedback! Sad this is that i got only 3 legends, and shoulders is one of them. if i swap to the tier ones, my only other option for 2nd legend is the shield wall ring, which has MASSIVE amounts of crit... lol.

as long as trinkets are concerned, i was just unlucky. my best statstick is 845 with mastery+str, while my other options are the trinkets from first and 2nd boss nh heroic.(both at 885 ilvl, dont remember their names).

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    They finally responded on the class dev forums
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=10#post-187
    Am I mental for saying I'd rather have had the 10s/30% over the 5s/50%?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Am I mental for saying I'd rather have had the 10s/30% over the 5s/50%?
    I may be wrong about this, but I've been told that ToS has a lot more of the 6-8 second debuffs and less of the 100% uptime debuffs. So if that's the case, this is a good change.

7th legendary, still no gloves. The feels Sephuz, Trinket, Gloves left D: D: D:

On the bright side I got Tich. Now I have to learn to dps as we'll be doing 1 tank 4 heal cuz lol bear after the big FU by blizzard of nah bears fine l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    7th legendary, still no gloves. The feels Sephuz, Trinket, Gloves left D: D: D:

On the bright side I got Tich. Now I have to learn to dps as we'll be doing 1 tank 4 heal cuz lol bear after the big FU by blizzard of nah bears fine l2p.
    I feel your pain 4 left, SW ring/prydaz/gloves/stride...

Also, I'm on my Druid right now for Augur

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I feel your pain 4 left, SW ring/prydaz/gloves/stride...

Also, I'm on my Druid right now for Augur
    We can cry together, this system is so stupid. I got shoulders last night, guess they're good for...transmog?

Our other tank is a druid so since he's geared well he's tanking it. I haven't tried to DPS since cata. Should be fun.

So according to the interview, T20 set bonuses are real......which means:
    (2) Set (Protection): Berserker Rage generates 50 Rage.
    (4) Set (Protection): Shield Slam reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 3.0 sec.

Is real.....

Please tell me I'm missing something that makes this good. Please?

We can cry together, this system is so stupid. I got shoulders last night, guess they're good for...transmog?

Our other tank is a druid so since he's geared well he's tanking it. I haven't tried to DPS since cata. Should be fun.
    It's good for running old content along with Sephuz... Get so much mobility, which is nice for (irrelevant) content.

I'm kinda hoping my co-tank can solo it on his Pally, as my Druid is only 899 & 46 traits, but even then the Druid is probably the stronger choice...

So according to the interview, T20 set bonuses are real......which means:
    (2) Set (Protection): Berserker Rage generates 50 Rage.
    (4) Set (Protection): Shield Slam reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 3.0 sec.

Is real.....

Please tell me I'm missing something that makes this good. Please?
    Reasons it sucks:
    * IP still sucks
    * Rage flows like waterfalls with legendary gloves (i.e. required gloves)
    * Another ability to use in the rotation, rather than use as a utility
    * Will incentivise using that crappy berserker rage talent over the superior talents in that talent row.

Reasons its good:
    * If the RNG gods have not blessed you with the legendary gloves, you can get some rage

Pretty god dang sure Blizzard wants people to quit playing protection warrior. Blizzard has consistently shown they cannot:
    * Balance tanks
    * Balance stats
    * Provide appropriate stats to tier pieces when they fail to balance stats (why o why with the crit everywhere)
    * Provide good class balance of mitigation and utility (druid gets best of both worlds)
    * Do anything useful with hundreds of legitimate feedback comments. (Hai guyz I herd u wanted more mitigation on dat spell blawk)

what buffs devs where talking about for protection in that Tanks balance post ?

i think i missed it