Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    Use the legendary trinket and gloves. The NH trinkets are well below average.

The belt is pretty nifty for only a couple fights, but try to find anything but the NH trinkets. Any stat stick would do.
    Yeah, Withered Jim has not been kind to me.

I've gotten several good stat sticks from relinquised vendor. You can get any trinket in game, including PvP and world quest, so stat sticks abound. I am currently equipping a 900 one with str/haste.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Comrades, please help me out. I guess it has been asked a hundred times at least, but i'm really uncertain about trinkets right now.

I have:

885 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor
    900 Fang of Tichondrius
    900 Infernal Contract

Which 2 would you choose please?

Thanks a lot in advance

7+ Year Old Account
    infernal und the goblet

I'd suggest just getting better trinkets.

If you have the money, DMC and a good stat stick are pretty much your best bet on almost every fight. Bonus points if you can nab an Arcanocrystal over other stat sticks.

Deleted
    I'm also having a dilemma with trinkets:

Urn 880
    Chrono Shard 880(+speed)
    Parjesh's Medallion 885(+socket)
    Haste stat stick 880

Any advice? With Urn and Medallion I'm at 27% haste and 48% mastery 7% versa

I'm going tank for Tomb and really want to run Prot warrior. The issue is that I remember Prot being super squishy at the start of NH to the point that my guild benched ours. Has Blizzard taken steps to address warriors weakness? Are warriors going to be viable at the start of Tomb? My other option would be Brewmaster monk, but I'd strongly prefer to go Prot.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    I'm going tank for Tomb and really want to run Prot warrior. The issue is that I remember Prot being super squishy at the start of NH to the point that my guild benched ours. Has Blizzard taken steps to address warriors weakness? Are warriors going to be viable at the start of Tomb? My other option would be Brewmaster monk, but I'd strongly prefer to go Prot.
    I think this is really going to depend on the fights of ToS. I'm sure LFR, Normal, and Heroic are going to be easy enough that the class shouldn't matter (maybe if you undergear it). For Mythic it'll depend on how much magic mitigation is needed, but I don't know how the fights are laid out on Mythic. We'll be pretty damn good at mitigating magic every 30 seconds with the new trait, but we'll be kind of screwed if it's consistent. Luckily druids seem to be getting a nerf bat for magic damage as well it seems so maybe it'll be a more even playing field regardless.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Dralas View Post
    So, I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this Anger Management + Booming Voice setup.

So, am I just fucking up the rotation, doing something wrong, or not understanding the best way to utilize the build?
    I have the exact same issue. This setup is fluid in M+, there I just thunderclap and revenge everything in a 2kilometers radius. However in raids it's an all around loss. Even in Botanist I took way more damage and not an expressive DPS gain.

Does someone here uses AM + BV in raid bosses? Can you share the secret? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dsiak View Post
    I have the exact same issue. This setup is fluid in M+, there I just thunderclap and revenge everything in a 2kilometers radius. However in raids it's an all around loss. Even in Botanist I took way more damage and not an expressive DPS gain.

Does someone here uses AM + BV in raid bosses? Can you share the secret? :3
    I wouldn't use it on botanist. Vengeance and HR are super strong there and the damage you take is probably the lowest of all tanks with that combo. Chain cooldowns in the last phase and don't expect to be able to hold the boss as long as a bear for example. For other fights except spellblade and Tichondrius I run BV/AM. There's really no secret there though. Make sure to run Avatar and combo with it as much as possible. I tend to use battle cry on cooldown while holding the others to always combo with it. Example: battle cry off cooldown, demo shout 30s left. Pop battle cry and hold DS until you can overlap it with the next battle cry. Only use IP above 60 rage and use revenge as much as possible. You have to be a bit more careful using your shield block obviously without HR.

Excuse the shit formatting, on mobile.

Been testing trinkets a lil bit on the PTR, and all I can say is, Mistress Sassz'ine better give that trinket up fast.

915 one from the vendor on beta (lower iLvl than Heroic), stacks with BV/Avatar (lines up perfectly with both), works with Battle Cry, off the GCD - 2.6m damage and just under 8m healing. Seems like a great extra CD to have, although the Shifting Cosmic Silver is definitely looking pretty awesome, too.

I've tanked a lot on my pally and VDH, not elite but AotC & KSM and all that, and now I am learning to warrior tank. Gearing up is so easy these days, I've hit 904 on the alt and cleared H-NH but still don't feel like I play my warrior nearly as well as the other two. Just a matter of experience, but hoped someone here could jump start me on a couple of fights with the same challenge: 1st bosses in VoW and Maw. Both require you to use a defensive at just the right moment or face consequences, and guessing for warrior that has to be shield block? Pretty sure IP won't do and not sure about SW. I am playing Devastator and Heavy Repurcussions, so I'm used to weaving both Revenge with IP AND Shield Block with Shield Slam. What I'm struggling with just a bit is doing the weaving while also having Shield Block ready exactly when I need it for mechanics.

Probably seems like a silly noob question to veteran warrior tanks, but what does your rotation look like as you approach those moments? Do you hold off on IP to avoid depleting rage? Maybe use one of your bigger CDs to make up for holding off on IP & SB as you wait?

Thanks.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Dark Slash Ymiron does in MoS can be 100% negated by Spell Reflect. You can SR every other Dark Slash, so for the others, try and have up a decent Ignore Pain and a minor CD/external (or major if doing high tyrannical keys).

I personally only really use Ignore Pain when...

Rage is above 100, so I'm worried about capping.
    Dragon Scales has procced for the extra effectiveness.
    Or I'm weaving as an off-tank before taking aggro so I can start with a 2m+ absorb up.

Spamming IP is far from needed, especially if you have the legendary bracers. But yeah, hold off on IP & make sure you have the rage for Shield Block if a DR check is about to happen. Just don't cap your rage, and you'll be fine.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The Dark Slash Ymiron does in MoS can be 100% negated by Spell Reflect. You can SR every other Dark Slash, so for the others, try and have up a decent Ignore Pain and a minor CD/external (or major if doing high tyrannical keys).

I personally only really use Ignore Pain when...

Rage is above 100, so I'm worried about capping.
    Dragon Scales has procced for the extra effectiveness.
    Or I'm weaving as an off-tank before taking aggro so I can start with a 2m+ absorb up.

Spamming IP is far from needed, especially if you have the legendary bracers. But yeah, hold off on IP & make sure you have the rage for Shield Block if a DR check is about to happen. Just don't cap your rage, and you'll be fine.
    One day meters will include the damage we can do with spell reflect...

Dark slash hits Ymiron hard. The sunder in the digger boss in Nelth can be reflected, the molten smash on last boss can as well...I looove reflecting the missiles on medivh. Also, more recently, in Cathedral, save the shield in the middle of the second to last boss for your team; you can reflect his heavy AoE and it hits him very hard... it's awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    One day meters will include the damage we can do with spell reflect...

Dark slash hits Ymiron hard. The sunder in the digger boss in Nelth can be reflected, the molten smash on last boss can as well...I looove reflecting the missiles on medivh. Also, more recently, in Cathedral, save the shield in the middle of the second to last boss for your team; you can reflect his heavy AoE and it hits him very hard... it's awesome.
    you can also reflect dot from destructor tentacles on Helya in maw... they hit like a mothafuckin truck on tyranical

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    you can also reflect dot from destructor tentacles on Helya in maw... they hit like a mothafuckin truck on tyranical
    Nice, didn't know about the tentacles or the cathedral boss. Thanks!

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    That fucking DoT wrecks me... I'm super excited to see it now... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Varyag View Post
    Nice, didn't know about the tentacles or the cathedral boss. Thanks!
    Yup, np man, i think it's one of the bigger reflected hits I get; too bad it's the portal adds that are really the only thing difficult in that fight, but every bit on the boss helps.

So Just to make it clear as no one has said it, the ring if not adjusted for secondary scaling or given as a "third slot" Is a bad choice, BV is something you would not be using without AM/Belt and vengeance is baseline for progression. This ring really needs to be indom or Dev to make the loss of secondary's and legendary's worth it. I mean we are talking about seeing regular epic TF rings in ToS with 3k mast or haste alone, in no way will it be worth the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazko View Post
    So Just to make it clear as no one has said it, the ring if not adjusted for secondary scaling or given as a "third slot" Is a bad choice, BV is something you would not be using without AM/Belt and vengeance is baseline for progression. This ring really needs to be indom or Dev to make the loss of secondary's and legendary's worth it. I mean we are talking about seeing regular epic TF rings in ToS with 3k mast or haste alone, in no way will it be worth the slot.
    I said it in the other thread, and I do hope it's seen as a third, bonus slot. Indomitable/Devastator would NEVER work. You can't have a leggo that gives 25% stamina & IP effectiveness.