10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well just saying it might not be the class but the strat... It's new content so my guild went there and we kinda knew some stuff from guides some we tried to figure out but that specific advice from wowhead guide just owned me. Not kidding: http://www.wowhead.com/krosus-nighth...sponsibilities

"Swap tanking duties on 8-10 stacks of Searing Brand"

Maybe it works on normal, dunno, we're gonna go normal tomorrow and see. On hc the dot was massive, not looking forward to mythic.
    just swap when your debuffs fall off. We got up to 4-5 stacks max. which was very doable.

THAT SAID …..

I have a problem with the way us prot warriors function in raids atm. Devastate gives no room for errors which makes it fairly difficult for progression raiding. Mind you I am 886 ilvl and consider myself a decent tank. Last week I cleared 7/7 mythic with devastate without too much trouble.

Progressing heroic last night went a little less smooth for me.
    I have a health pool of 4.10m. HP which can sometimes drop within seconds. Missing out on a defensive cooldown on a slam (esp. with stacks)? Or timing them wrong more often then not leads to a dead tank.

Just realise that the healers in my group are also new to the fight so their healing isn’t optimal either. So when they run off to avoid some fancy new boss mechanic and I am sitting at 50% random deaths happen.

Now these deaths can be avoided by better tanking / CD management and better healing. But since everyone (including myself) are still learning the fights mechanics only ‘this much’ can be expected from everyone.

Longer story short. After killing 3 heroic bosses with devastator and 3 deaths on the 4th bos (Aluriel) I switched to indom to get my HP up to 5.2m. to allow for more breathing space for both me and the healers. This resulted in a kill the next try.
    After that we proceeded killing krusos who was also easy to kill with indom.

TL;DR: There is no doubt in my mind that Devastator is the best spec for farm content … but when learning new bosses I think Indom will be my preferred way eventho I f*cking hate to play with indom.

Ps: I had no experience on normal or read up on tactics prio to this raid.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Noticed a bug with Intercept on my Warrior tonight.

We were doing Nighthold Heroic, and whatever boss it was, if I intercepted a target, the boss was pulled. Didn't matter who the target was, the boss just keep getting pulled. Yeah, I'm specced for Warbringer, but that has a 5 yard range, and I'm talking 30-40 yard pulls here...

Anyone else noticed this since pre patch? I did this all through TEN/ToV with no issue, so no idea why it's suddenly bugging out now.

Edit: Oh, and I did 7 hc bosses today on the Prot Warr, all with the Devastator talent. Was pretty easy overall. Star Augur was annoying, but my DTPS at the end of the fight wasn't as high as I thought it'd be, and the healers covered it well anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Noticed a bug with Intercept on my Warrior tonight.

We were doing Nighthold Heroic, and whatever boss it was, if I intercepted a target, the boss was pulled. Didn't matter who the target was, the boss just keep getting pulled. Yeah, I'm specced for Warbringer, but that has a 5 yard range, and I'm talking 30-40 yard pulls here...

Anyone else noticed this since pre patch? I did this all through TEN/ToV with no issue, so no idea why it's suddenly bugging out now.

Edit: Oh, and I did 7 hc bosses today on the Prot Warr, all with the Devastator talent. Was pretty easy overall. Star Augur was annoying, but my DTPS at the end of the fight wasn't as high as I thought it'd be, and the healers covered it well anyway.
    Did hear from a friend in another guild that something similar happened to him. We both didn´t think of Warbringer as the reason but I´ll definitly check if he had specced into that talent. I, for my part, had no such occurence.

On a sidenote, we also split 7 hc today, finish up on sunday. For me, Tichondrius was probably the most annoying boss so far. On Star Augur I will probably go for Indom and Anger Management in mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Did hear from a friend in another guild that something similar happened to him. We both didn´t think of Warbringer as the reason but I´ll definitly check if he had specced into that talent. I, for my part, had no such occurence.

On a sidenote, we also split 7 hc today, finish up on sunday. For me, Tichondrius was probably the most annoying boss so far. On Star Augur I will probably go for Indom and Anger Management in mythic.
    Was he tanking with a Demon Hunter? Were you?

Tichondrius was fine for me because my co-tank took all the bloods so I just stood there & played the traffic light game

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was he tanking with a Demon Hunter? Were you?

Tichondrius was fine for me because my co-tank took all the bloods so I just stood there & played the traffic light game
    I do not know who that friend of mine tanked with. I will ask him. I, for my part, tanked with a DK.

Bloods are a minor problem for us warriors, as the timers are very precise. Once the bloods are applied, just jump to whatever position has been agreed upon. They are fixated to you, so threat isn´t an issue. Shame, that they are unstunable now. What I didn´t like:

- Timers of additional adds (non-blood adds) after the first night-phase sometimes harhsly fail to line up with the blood spawn timer, making it necessairy to kill them even quicker to be able to taunt the boss.
    - Stunning laser in night-phase was barely visible. Might be due to my graphic settings.
    - Ranges had a hard time getting any orbs in night-phase. Sometimes I believed, that you could pick up several of them, which would suck.
    - purple cloud debuff from nightborn adds sometimes wouldn´t drop before you had to taunt, resulting in clouds near the tanking position, which sucked.

Guess most of these problems could be solved by throwing more damage at everything. Split raid issues I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    So guys, how is Prot feeling in Nighthold Heroic? Wondering about Etraeus especially, since that constant magic intake for someone with very little versa gear is scaring me a tad.
    I went with Anger Management since he doesn't melee swing, so you just need to use your CDS a lot in phase 1. But honestly it's only phase 1 (frost phase) that really hurts tanks. After that it's basically just mechanics to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Didn't try Etraeus on HC yet, but Krosus was a nightmare. Getting 5+ stacks was pretty much death for me combined with Slam usually, while our bear just shrugged off even 7-8 stacks. Got it down though. Might be a fight where indom is actually decent at least early on into the tier, ended up only switching into a stam trinket myself.
    I did Krosus HC yesterday and if tank swap is as quick as it can be we only got up to 3-4 stacks each. You just need a way to clearly monitor both tanks stacks so there's zero delay with the swap.

Slam however feels insane. The dot just eats your IP's away so it's hard to consistently mitigate the slam at the same time, so you pretty much have to use a big CD/external for each one.

How good is 940 Prydaz on a Prot Warrior now?

Is it correct that free revenges from dodge/parry don't show up as a buff?

Deleted
    I got a problem over here with the addon called "protwarbar" ive Always been using it to track my shield block within a progress bar that depletes but since i got my 2 set it doesnt show anymore and if i unequip my 2 set it does show.

Is there any way to fix this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Is it correct that free revenges from dodge/parry don't show up as a buff?
    Yes, it's correct. You have to look at your action bar or use weak aura.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes, it's correct. You have to look at your action bar or use weak aura.
    Do you have to track dodge/parries combined with a ready-state Revenge to figure out if the next revenge is free? Or am I overthinking this?
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2017-01-20 at 10:57 AM.

You're probably not talking about mouseover intercepts while having the boss targeted pre pull right? If you do: Pre patch Warbringer would always stun your current target instead of the target you charge to with mouseover, pulling bosses if you did that. I don't think that works anymore since mouseover interceps don't stun your current target anymore. Personally I had no problem with Warbringer in NH. The only glitch I had is that I intercepted the wrong target when I use my mouseover macro on my target's target (= other tank) and the usual "intercept charges to previous instead of current target" bug that I occasionally have since years.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    I got a problem over here with the addon called "protwarbar" ive Always been using it to track my shield block within a progress bar that depletes but since i got my 2 set it doesnt show anymore and if i unequip my 2 set it does show.

I couldn't get it to work by using a spell ID either. I instead clicked "Full CPU Scan" or whatever it is called and put "tooltip contains " to "100" since the real shield block buff says something like "block chance increased by 100%". Don't put the % there or you'll get LUA errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    You're probably not talking about mouseover intercepts while having the boss targeted pre pull right? If you do: Pre patch Warbringer would always stun your current target instead of the target you charge to with mouseover, pulling bosses if you did that. I don't think that works anymore since mouseover interceps don't stun your current target anymore. Personally I had no problem with Warbringer in NH. The only glitch I had is that I intercepted the wrong target when I use my mouseover macro on my target's target (= other tank) and the usual "intercept charges to previous instead of current target" bug that I occasionally have since years.
    Nope. Focus target intercept macro on my DH co-tank. My character would go nowhere near the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Do you have to track dodge/parries combined with a ready-state Revenge to figure out if the next revenge is free? Or am I overthinking this?
    Alternatively you could track Revenge procs via GetSpellPowerCost() in a custom weakaura.

WeakAura custom import string below:

Code:
    dy0PfaqjLkQrbqofa1SOc0TaqTla1WuQuhtPSmG4zurMgvixJkOTPubFtIIXPujNtPkwNeLAEkvO7Pur2Nss1bvQslKk1dvsmrLK0fPIAJub8raKrcaojcALa1mbe3eb2Pu6NkPgQevlLkXtrnvv6QuHARkvvFfa6TkjL5ciDxLKyVI)kHbd5WsAXuj9yvmzK6YeBwk6Ziz0sKttYQvQkZMu3gr7wv)g0WvILlvphQPt56u12rOVlfgVeLCEG0(vC2Ynmzy6W05gg6nT6LWRD8fie26CyAfErxb9kLLfENpHRhtruUDffL0jaslPfG32D46XuWhNBySv7wUHPHfuAyJ4AyAybg6F64Aym0)0flvRuyg6FAGsOjKafaL6c8XaLG6rabaiqSQgOGuIG6riqSQgaugBWx2QadPOcJH(No8GoESbjdtPHnkQhtb)W4sWgXIf26kkkPNB4UqwvV6PkGlsVAWE4DmCxiRQx9uH3cJxeTUTskPDRmB7jShlf(xzXD4JhBqYIskAj8XJniz4JhBqYWn9)XuWhqcr5nhCqadmWaEapObnObPHNQEqDHO8usXbITbTtdcGeJxeTUCydPVceBaAhCyzabWR22Qa8bITb8Gg0GgKQ5G6cr5PKIdeBdA1h0UhKvs(b8Gg0Gg0Gg0GguxmF)huZQgld4bnObnirJLbnGh0Gg0Gg0Gg0G6I57)GSUxgWdAqdAqYtpObS80H9yPOlKv1REQ4o8xjfCUPDl8(LNsQ)rk7bri1d7YGkVQ(yH9VquElC1BWWESuGlbBS(J7Wcr5nC4vwtG79ElaYAaQW597C7TWXToaHa56SloVQHfIYBHxbc10Wg)GkVdP6cgpiaXlIwd4WDPQ5frRBRKsy3vZ0YGwPdAypwkWlIw3wjL4oSb6Ie(4XgKmmUeSX6pmUeSX6FfiutdB8HpESbjlmqxKWcr5TW0(E1uWp8wSWnHVf2XU6FZdWUeUKOOkzP1r7kSgwPZnShlfVqu6X1WwvlVLByS6P0sA3CkmPxBQCt7MtXDSyHXlYj3Wy1tPL06uSWhDfJZnmw9uAjmaUxxCHW1UelCVEKCdt61Mk3yXc7XsXxjL4Aypwko6kgh3H7qTKBysV2u5glwypwkWlYjUdVqCXQA5TCdt61Mk3yXc3SEmf8ZnmPxBQCJflShlfhiPRvlUdtRA2uD8Ad0Cdt61Mk3yXIfUluk4FbDrcRoWpmw0nlhQElS7137AccRELvCGKlAXe60UfMwH3N)pMIOeUQ1H3NhBQMGggio7a3W(36kkkPNB4JhBqYWn9)XuWhqaEapObnOb1fZ3)bzDVmGLNEapGhWd4b8aEahgViADBLus7wz22tSWk6WUiehu5D4zqeEGF43tE7kkkPJt7w4gkARuAD0UcxPPvMc(vDH1vuushNBSW0k8IUckHh4N2nNaXjh6uSW4WGamiadcWommX0U5iq2ILa

And for people that rather not import something unknown, the custom trigger basically is:

Code:
    function(event, ...)
        local revenge_cost = GetSpellPowerCost(6572)[1].cost
        if revenge_cost > 0 then
            return false
        else 
            return true
        end 
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post

I've updated protwarbar to add some 7.1.5 support and a 2P Shield Block icon (you will need to enable that manually for now). I don't have 2p yet :'( so please msg me if it is not working, or if you want anything else.

Got my first upgrade token & upgraded the Manno bracers to 940. Pretty nice stat jump Almost 4.6m HP now.

883 prot warrior with prydaz and waist, just cleared up to heroic elisandre. I went indom/booming voice/heavy reprecussions for nearly every fight (including star guy). Star guy was certainly the hardest, I should have swapped to anger management for it, but every other fight was okay. Krosus I tanked up to 7 stacks on the first segment, 6 on the second, and 5 on the third (as you go back, more damage is coming out, so lower stacks is advisable). Several of the fights were fairly messy, but the rest of my raid outgeared it fairly heavily. Elisandre the biggest tanking issue was when the rings overlapped with the tank debuff in phase 2.

Got mostly legendary ilvl parses, with 3 fights in 100th percentile. It should be noted that I was tanking the majority of every fight, to allow my co-tank to catweave. With proper usage, dominator is simply too good to pass up. Not sure about booming voice compared to vengeance for harder fights, but booming voice is a massive dps increase, while vengeance complicates our rotation further (as locks IP behind a short cooldown).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Mythor- View Post
    I've updated protwarbar to add some 7.1.5 support and a 2P Shield Block icon (you will need to enable that manually for now). I don't have 2p yet :'( so please msg me if it is not working, or if you want anything else.
    im afriad it stil wont work the aurabar of shield block just wont show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I do not know who that friend of mine tanked with. I will ask him. I, for my part, tanked with a DK.
    Tested again last night in a TEN Mythic with a Monk tank. Same issue persisted... Perhaps, maybe, it's an issue with the Destiny Driver? I've no idea. If it's not that or Warbringer, I've no clue what it could be.

If you have the 2 set and your WAs for shield block aren't working, use full scan and use spell ID 132404
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove