Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    I know it wasnt a slow specs like blizz wants it now , but I did enjoy that arms.
    Blizzard abandoned the "slow" spec concept late in WoD beta. In fact they sped up the rotation three times, and twice again after launch. I wouldn't even call what is on Alpha now slow by any means, it's sitting comfortable at around 50-60 APM.

Obviously going too fast (Gladiator) is problematic, but inordinately slow rotations don't work any better. It simply isn't the type of gameplay that WoW is built around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Blizzard abandoned the "slow" spec concept late in WoD beta. In fact they sped up the rotation three times, and twice again after launch. I wouldn't even call what is on Alpha now slow by any means, it's sitting comfortable at around 50-60 APM.

Obviously going too fast (Gladiator) is problematic, but inordinately slow rotations don't work any better. It simply isn't the type of gameplay that WoW is built around.
    Would u say that, Arms on the Alpha is as fast as it was in MoP?

Would u say that, Arms on the Alpha is as fast as it was in MoP?
    No, it doesn't have the same Overpower or Heroic Strike, but that doesn't necessarily make it "slow". It'd say it's on average for melee specs.

I hope Overpower becomes baseline. Having to choose it over Avatar is actually really tragic.

Also, the loss of Spell Reflection, Fear, and Intervene (baseline) really hurts our utility in Arena. Disappointing, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
    I hope Overpower becomes baseline. Having to choose it over Avatar is actually really tragic.

Also, the loss of Spell Reflection, Fear, and Intervene (baseline) really hurts our utility in Arena. Disappointing, to say the least.
    I think the PvP talents make up for it, there are some really nasty effects hidden in that tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    (which has universally awful set appearances).
    Dude. Shannox's face!

Pity that CS extension was not reverted in the latest build... SB looks like a bit overkill to me, 400% AP damage with a potential to hit 1600% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Something I think we missed. Storm Bolt is 400% Attack Power not weapon damage. Still good, but not quite as stronk as perhaps we originally thought.
    It's still pretty strong. Testing on Fury (because my Arms toon kept crashing), with the stun component, it hits slightly harder than a Raging Blow or Bloodthirst, but the 4x damage v stun immune makes it worth pressing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post

I'd like to see spell reflect in the pvp tree given most of it is moar damage but we still get some strong utility. Sharpen blade alone is... Woof. Do remember that everyone lost half their cc, anti-cc, mobility, utility, wingers, dingers and screamers.

Storm Bolt is definitely a satisfying button to press during CS windows. Very nice.

Extension mechanic still needs to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt this nice , ret gets pretty much the same mastery as we do...so much for being unique ;/
    If it makes you feel any worse, DKs stole Prot mastery too.

Arm warrior has always been my favorite warrior spec (from a fantasy point of view), I cant wait to try it.

Ret mastery change does leave a foul taste in my mouth. Classes are still different, but still. MEH.

Just thinking out loud, wouldn't it make some sense to put the CS reset mechanic on Heroic Throw? Currently we lose everything DPS wise as soon as we leave melee range, but if we had a chance to reset CS Heroic Throw may be worth pressing, outside of its abmysal damage (and chance to proc OPs if speced into it).
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Not really an Arms Warrior question but more in regards to the latest Alpha patch, is there anywhere I can find the details of the patch? Can't seem to find it anywhere except for the post with "2/23 Alpha build design notes" from Celestalon...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Not really an Arms Warrior question but more in regards to the latest Alpha patch, is there anywhere I can find the details of the patch? Can't seem to find it anywhere except for the post with "2/23 Alpha build design notes" from Celestalon...
    MMO-Champion or wowhead frontpage.

(I prefer wowhead as it's visually more appealing to me.)
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

So apparently Heroic Strike damage is being added to Mortal Strike damage. The "Shattered Defenses" artifact trait is adding +50% damage and crit chance on top of it.

It is doing a pretty nasty damage on CS windows. The only thing i think is that Heroic Strike should cost 20+ rage, stacking to 2 instead of 15 stacking to 3, damage being reorganized.

Lets just hope our best build doesn't involve something like Storm Bolt/Overpower/Rend/Heroic Strike or we are going to have to press lots of buttons boys, and i really mean a lot of them.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Arm warrior has always been my favorite warrior spec (from a fantasy point of view), I cant wait to try it.

Same, I hope it will be good. But Fury will probably be the best spec.

When was Arms the "best" warrior spec in pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Same, I hope it will be good. But Fury will probably be the best spec.

Cata, during the last patch

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Now. Fury is only used on Kormrok, Iskar, Mannoroth, and maybe Xhul. Arms is considerably better on the majority of the other fights. Also Arms dominated during Dragon Soul completely, if I recall. It's true that those are two examples out of many tiers, but keep this in mind: one significant reason that Arms was so powerful in those two tiers is because there was a Colossus Smash reset mechanic, which was a huge power boost. It's the class trinket now, and was a set bonus in Dragon Soul. Arms gets a CS reset mechanic for free in Legion. That doesn't make all the difference by itself, but it does seem like they want people to play Arms more.