Quick question, is it really any idea to run Arms until I get the Alaya's ring? I just feel rage-starved and puffing out mediocre dmg until 20% starts and I can go ballistic with my Exe-MS-combos... yes? no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Quick question, is it really any idea to run Arms until I get the Alaya's ring? I just feel rage-starved and puffing out mediocre dmg until 20% starts and I can go ballistic with my Exe-MS-combos... yes? no?
    Arms without the right legendaries is not that good and befor t20, 4 set the spec is more or less useless.

So, to answer your question: No, not really but you also need the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Arms without the right legendaries is not that good and befor t20, 4 set the spec is more or less useless.

So, to answer your question: No, not really but you also need the helm.
    I got the helm, not the ring and not 4set :/

You can play arms without any of those things and be competitive with someone playing fury with no 4set and dps legendaries. Obviously you wouldn't do well compared to people with those things. 4set/ring definitely makes the spec a lot more fluid and you may feel incomplete without them. Helm is just icing on the cake and is only a couple % boost ST from using gloves or trinket.

If you're comparing to all dps specs, there are definitely other specs that are much less dependent on legendaries and set bonuses.

I wouldn't touch arms with a 10 ft. pole without Ayala's. Ayala's is just absolutely core to the spec both mechanically and numerically. Something like a raw ~15% damage boost and it acts as a huge tactician safety net while also acting as an occasional GCD breather that the new more rage starved arms desperately needs.

Not a fan of legendaries "fixing" a spec, but ayala's with arms is definitely such a case.

aye, i'm kinda feeling the same when i run my "alt" in tos hc... i'm not really pushing the numbers and i'd like to make it my new main but without ayala's, i dunno if a swap is even possible! :/

anyway, thx for answers, kinda what i felt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I got the helm, not the ring and not 4set :/
    The helm is not that good without the set, sadly.
    It's a must have once you get it though.

I only wish I had 4pc, after 4 weeks of both normal & heroic I am still sitting on 2pc normal. That's how little prot token drops in my raid >_< Meanwhile the conq users are literally trading their tier pieces for the lulz before "opening" them.

The helm is not that good without the set, sadly.
    It's a must have once you get it though.
    Yeah, it's laughing in my face. Yesterdays raid was a full normal clear and we had time for 4 HC-bosses as well, that's 13 bosses with bonusrolls used... I got 0 setitems, 0 relics, 0 trinkets and just 2 sidegrade offpieces.. In this rate I'll be geared for mythic when the next expansion is about to end as I also need Alayas it seems! :/

Arms is most definitely still playable/extremely competitive without ayala's, although the ring is a massive increase to the spec as you can tell by looking at logs. Pretty much every single warrior parse on the first page of each boss consists of the helm/ring combo.
    Last edited by Xnm; 2017-07-14 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnm View Post
    Arms is most definitely still playable/extremely competitive without ayala's, although the ring is a massive increase to the spec as you can tell by looking at logs. Pretty much every single warrior parse on the first page of each boss consists of the helm/ring combo.
    Not sure what you mean with "extremely competitive" but it is not a top spec without the ring and fury will be doing better, as will most other classes and specs.
    If you're also missing the helmet or even tier then the spec is at the absolute bottom.

Ring ist like 8-10% of your dps. If fury or arms is better depends on your gear, arte lvl and so on.

I play arms, because i just like it better than fury, got all legos but ayala's and helm (which is super unlucky and yes i'm mad about this! ), can compete with our other dds and put up "okisch" scores on WoL.

Not sure what you mean with "extremely competitive" but it is not a top spec without the ring and fury will be doing better, as will most other classes and specs.
    If you're also missing the helmet or even tier then the spec is at the absolute bottom.
    Can't post any links yet, but look up Exenem on Illidan US. Basing my arms still being "competitive" opinion on my own personal experiences.

KJBW/Leap Shoulders with 95+ oranges on 7 out of 9 in heroic, 9 out of 9 in normal. Just reinforcing my statement that arms is definitely playable without the must have legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnm View Post
    Can't post any links yet, but look up Exenem on Illidan US. Basing my arms still being "competitive" opinion on my own personal experiences.

KJBW/Leap Shoulders with 95+ oranges on 7 out of 9 in heroic, 9 out of 9 in normal. Just reinforcing my statement that arms is definitely playable without the must have legends.
    Sure but other classes are just better and you'd do 200k-300k more with the right gear.
    No other spec needs the right legendaries as much as arms. Simple as that.

When you have to swap out lego gloves for aggramar's because it enables 4pc feelsbadman

Just started gearing my arms warr and got gloves. Are these still Bis/near BiS?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demondied1 View Post
    Just started gearing my arms warr and got gloves. Are these still Bis/near BiS?
    they were third place behind execute ring and crash helmet. both of those were just nerfed by 50% so I think MS gloves may be bis again in terms of numbers.

according to skyhold discord ring+ help still bis