Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    When can we expect spec guides here on these forums? with expansion just hours away they must be comming any day now right?
    The icy veins guides are updated

Quote Originally Posted by Alanious View Post
    With the current changes, I really cant believe just how fucked up Fury is now. MOP had a systematic way of being rewarded great damage, In Wod half of that system was removed, and now in legion Half of WOD spells have been shifted to turn our glorious rotation into Super Nintendo Controller. My point is the legendary items have spells that belong to our class rotation and our chances of getting them are "by chance". Isn't this like Diablo play style?. What good will this expasion be for this spec that anyone enjoys?. Please I'd like to hear from other fury warriors. Is it possible to tell the difference from a Backpeddling clicker from a well seasoned player?.I love fury but Arms is it from here on and Rip Pve.
    You can def tell the difference between someone who has fury mastered and someone clicking.

So I'm sure it's been discussed alot, but I still wanna know now that it's almost time.
    Is fury or arms gonna be better in PvE? I don't really wanna have to re-do my arms wep if it turns out to be much better than fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminas View Post
    So I'm sure it's been discussed alot, but I still wanna know now that it's almost time.
    Is fury or arms gonna be better in PvE? I don't really wanna have to re-do my arms wep if it turns out to be much better than fury.
    Hard to tell, apparently some of the top guilds have sims from the first tier and fury is a bottom tier spec

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hard to tell, apparently some of the top guilds have sims from the first tier and fury is a bottom tier spec
    Oh god so the rumors are true.. I think I will just lie down and cry myself to sleep then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminas View Post
    you can't see the future to see what is gonna be better, but actualy arms is far ahead now (in lvl 110). But no one can certainly says what will be buffed or nerfed
    Last edited by orgonutil; 2016-08-29 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    you can see the future to see what is gonna be better, but actualy arms is far ahead now (in lvl 110). But no one can certainly says what will be buffed or nerfed
    Yea ill level my warrior 3rd but I'd rather play monk and Mage than arms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    you can see the future to see what is gonna be better, but actualy arms is far ahead now (in lvl 110). But no one can certainly says what will be buffed or nerfed
    They won't nerf anything more than a couple percent. People will qq about artifact power. I wouldn't expect any major balancing at all this expac. The good classes will stay good

They won't nerf anything more than a couple percent. People will qq about artifact power. I wouldn't expect any major balancing at all this expac. The good classes will stay good
    That's not true, since artifact has little to do with it as long as it doesn't cause the specs to change positions on the rankings (and even then, they'll just say our rankings aren't realistic, like they always do).

Example: Arms right now is 100k above Fury in pre-raid gear. They could nerf it up to 40% before it's equal with Fury, and thus not interfere with the investment of Artifact Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's not true, since artifact has little to do with it as long as it doesn't cause the specs to change positions on the rankings (and even then, they'll just say our rankings aren't realistic, like they always do).

Example: Arms right now is 100k above Fury in pre-raid gear. They could nerf it up to 40% before it's equal with Fury, and thus not interfere with the investment of Artifact Power.
    Yea but that's irrelevant, if they dick a spec the week before raids happen there's going to be a huge shitstorm. I don't care if the nerfs are warranted. Also blizzard usually over nerfs, which will just be viewed as unacceptable. Either way I've decided to jump ship for now. I'll talk to you guys when fury is better than arms

Yea but that's irrelevant, if they dick a spec the week before raids happen there's going to be a huge shitstorm. I don't care if the nerfs are warranted. Also blizzard usually over nerfs, which will just be viewed as unacceptable. Either way I've decided to jump ship for now. I'll talk to you guys when fury is better than arms
    It's completely relevant, because we're talking about "balance" not "I wanna be the best".

To be clear, your saying it's unacceptable to balance a spec that's clearly overperforming, even if it doesn't make it weaker than it's class-competition? That's a pretty ignorant statement given the stated goal of "balancing" the game. It's just as easily argued that the classes/specs below Arms should be complaining that Arms is wildly outperforming them, is it not?

My point was that they could easily nerf Arms and it would not interfere with your artifact power investment. As long as Arms remains stronger than Fury, there was no waste.

So much negativity regarding fury on this thread. I was on the fence between playing warrior as my main class, but the negativity scares me. Especially if the rumors of fury being a bottom tier spec on the dps charts. Are those rumors/sims for raiding, or mythic+ content as well?

- - - Updated - - -

It's completely relevant, because we're talking about "balance" not "I wanna be the best".

To be clear, your saying it's unacceptable to balance a spec that's clearly overperforming, even if it doesn't make it weaker than it's class-competition? That's a pretty ignorant statement given the stated goal of "balancing" the game. It's just as easily argued that the classes/specs below Arms should be complaining that Arms is wildly outperforming them, is it not?

My point was that they could easily nerf Arms and it would not interfere with your artifact power investment. As long as Arms remains stronger than Fury, there was no waste.
    You're right. I'm pretty sure Blizzard literally said that they would have no problem nerfing a spec, but if arms is out performing fury, they just won't nerf arms to be worse than fury. They would essentially close the 20% performance gap to maybe 5% gap, still favoring the initially stronger spec.

So yea, Blizz did have the tendency to over nerf in the past, but they admitted this to be true and said they will try extra hard NOT to over nerf because of the investment people will be making into artifact weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    So much negativity regarding fury on this thread. I was on the fence between playing warrior as my main class, but the negativity scares me. Especially if the rumors of fury being a bottom tier spec on the dps charts. Are those rumors/sims for raiding, or mythic+ content as well?

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. I'm pretty sure Blizzard literally said that they would have no problem nerfing a spec, but if arms is out performing fury, they just won't nerf arms to be worse than fury.
    So yea, Blizz did have the tendency to over nerf in the past, but they admitted this to be true and said they will try extra hard NOT to over nerf because of the investment people will be making into artifact weapons.
    They say that a lot, the problem is they measure by a different metric than we do and have a wholly different perception of balance. I can guarantee there will be future buffs/nerfs which cause our rankings of the specs to change, regardless of what is claimed.

My point is the shitstorm that always followed balancing patches are going to be so bad that Blizzard will try to avoid them. And even if you are right that means arms will be better than fury the whole expac and I'm definetly jumping ship

- - - Updated - - -

They say that a lot, the problem is they measure by a different metric than we do and have a wholly different perception of balance. I can guarantee there will be future buffs/nerfs which cause our rankings of the specs to change, regardless of what is claimed.

Based on what? Hfc and BRF were the 2 most unbalanced raids we have ever had

My point is the shitstorm that always followed balancing patches are going to be so bad that Blizzard will try to avoid them. And even if you are right that means arms will be better than fury the whole expac and I'm definetly jumping ship
    Might as well quit playing the game then, because if you think this solely affects Warriors you are horribly mistaken. Blizzard is going to balance shit out; might not be week one or week two, but it'll come eventually and people will complain anyway. Complaint is inevitable, whether they are founded or not and no matter how warranted the change might be.

I'm still pretty blown away that Arms is actually that much ahead of Fury. The pre-raid sims are Ilvl 850 right? I never saw anything even remotely close to Arms beating fury by 100k, even on a pure single target. Arms was better sure, but not blowing it out of the water. I've been focusing on my Monk more, but I'm having a hard time understanding what caused this massive shift.

Even logging into the Beta two days ago one last time to check some things, I wasn't getting how Arms was so far ahead.

Based on what? Hfc and BRF were the 2 most unbalanced raids we have ever had
    First, that's not true. Second, it's based on the fact that both tiers had balance changes go through after they started. Example: Arms T18 4P was severely nerfed 3 weeks into the tier, because it was wildly over performing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm still pretty blown away that Arms is actually that much ahead of Fury. The pre-raid sims are Ilvl 850 right? I never saw anything even remotely close to Arms beating fury by 100k, even on a pure single target. Arms was better sure, but not blowing it out of the water. I've been focusing on my Monk more, but I'm having a hard time understanding what caused this massive shift.

Even logging into the Beta two days ago one last time to check some things, I wasn't getting how Arms was so far ahead.
    Figured out how to use FR and optimized the hell out of it. Also fixed a few major bugs which were limiting Arms but not affecting Fury.

Figured out how to use FR and optimized the hell out of it. Also fixed a few major bugs which were limiting Arms but not affecting Fury.
    Out of curiosity, does most of the difference come in raid execute phases due to your filler being execute instead of slam during the DC burst? That would explain why I wasn't seeing it in dungeons on beta with super short execute phases. Or trinket synergy? I never got any exciting trinkets on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Out of curiosity, does most of the difference come in raid execute phases due to your filler being execute instead of slam during the DC burst? That would explain why I wasn't seeing it in dungeons on beta with super short execute phases. Or trinket synergy? I never got any exciting trinkets on beta.
    No, and no. Damage bonuses, and the ability to stack on and off GCD abilities for more Tactician/AM returns.

Deleted
    well, after some reading few more pages around here, and there and so on, as i didn't get my game so far so had some time, to lets say "waste" on more info, without any disrespect to any i hope they nerf the living daylights out of arms cuz this s**t sucks, and it sucks bad

couldn't wait to start lvling my warrior as i do for some xpansions now, fury ofc, and here pops the weasel with the major difference on arms

f**k me sideways, as this sucks bad in any, any language u can think of;

and ye, not to mention that i ultimately convinced and saw the differences for myself after seeing the so called major release of legion and maybe thinking or not hey what else could be bad, and yet other things with legion release that remind me of WoD realease, lag as f**k, queues long as s**t, and so on.

but ye lets live some more to tell the tale.

#FeelsBadMan

P.S. thx to Archimtiros for the updates on guides, with the more or less changes that came with the live version of legion
    Last edited by mmocb672c6081d; 2016-08-29 at 11:49 PM.

With all the balancing promises they made its hard to believe legion is going live with such large dps differences in some classes. Especially considering warriors were one of the only classes that havent had any listed balancing changes in the last few hotfix notes. I realise they still have a few weeks to make changes before mythics become available but I thought our dps specs would be much closer at this point. As already mentioned they have their own methods of internal testing and balancing, so maybe they are seeing different numbers?