Poll: Who is truly the most powerful?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd say Gul'dan.

Both Malfurion and Thrall are very powerful in their own right, but their feats of strength are actually achieved not by their own power, but rather a sentient beings willing to aid them. Malfurion defeated Archimonde not by himself, but by thousands of night elven souls he commanded with the Horn of Cenarius. Thrall channeled the Earth power as the Earth-Warder, but Deathwing's and Chromatus' defeats were brought by collective might of the Aspects and the Dragon Soul.

In contrast, Gul'dan's powers of Fel are his own. Yes, he was given them by the Legion, but from this point on he can't be denied the ability to use them, like Thrall would, if he'd find himself without his connection to the elements. Heck, Gul'dan even opened up a portal for Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel seemingly without preparations (as there's nothing at the Black Gate indicating rutal in progress or something like it) in a mere seconds - a feat that took a good chunk of time for Kel'thuzad with Medivh's magic at hand.

Jaina is not getting enough respect. Think she could 1vs. 1 most in the list.

Malfurion tho is a step above.

Deleted
    Medivh...
    Although as you're only doing the base heroes, I'd say Malfurion, Gul'dan a close if not equal 2nd.

Gul'dan easily. Don't know about the AU Gul'dan, but the original pretty much founded the warlock class, at least for orcs. He also created Gorefiend and the other original Death Knights. His death was caused by the betrayal of Sargeras (which could kill anyone tbh) when visiting the very island that he lifted to the surface.

So many people don't know jack about the lore and just fanboy Gul'Dan. l o l

10+ Year Old Account
    After much thought, I'd like to change my vote to Garrosh.

Why? Because of the Horde. In the same way that Thrall commands the power of the elements, Gul'dan commands the power of the Twisting Nether or Malfurion commands the power of nature, Garrosh commands the Horde, the second most powerful force on Azeroth (if Varian wasn't a card, he'd have my vote instead).

If you choose to disregard Garrosh's control of the Horde, then you should take the elements away from Thrall, nature away from Malfurion etc. In which case, this whole scenario becomes one big slug fest which Garrosh would win anyway.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2015-11-11 at 05:52 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Medivh> Gul'Dan > Malfurion

Gul'dan for sure followed by Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    So many people don't know jack about the lore and just fanboy Gul'Dan. l o l
    I don't even like Gul'dan that much and I'd say he'd win easily.

Not sure about the whole Medivh thing though honestly, I thought most of his power came from the fact that he was possessed by Sargeras?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    After much thought, I'd like to change my vote to Garrosh.

Why? Because of the Horde. In the same way that Thrall commands the power of the elements, Gul'dan commands the power of the Twisting Nether or Malfurion commands the power of nature, Garrosh commands the Horde, the second most powerful force on Azeroth (if Varian wasn't a card, he'd have my vote instead).
    Considering he's to my knowledge, the only one on the list that has had outright rebellion over his control, I'm not sure that's really a strength of Garrosh. Thrall commander the horde for long enough, Jaina has ran Theramor, Uther and Malfurion have had a decent degree of input in their respective circles and Guldan not only controlled, but USURPED the horde and twisted it into his own.

Garrosh having ownership of the horde for a brief period and running it into the ground doesn't really seem like something to boast about, likewise he couldn't lead Garadar for toffee back when we met him in TBC.