Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Warlock Legion Thread

Since what's happening to Warlocks is no longer Speculation, This is a new thread for discussion on Warlocks in legion.
    OP will be updated as Blizzcon reveals more.

Seems like blizzard released Warlock Artifacts early.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19941528
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Artifacts
    The Deadwind Harvester - Purged the life from Deadwind Pass, for Affliction Warlocks. Get together with Council of Black Harvest, steal some information about artifacts from the Legion. Go to Deadwind Pass, under Karazhan! Every time you kill something, you get a damage boost for a short time. Souls try to escape and you can reap the damage boost effect.
    Classes
    Demonology should be about summoning demons, not becoming one. More new minions, buff them and send them out to attack. Metamorphosis is for Demon Hunters.
    Warlocks
    Demonology has gone really far off track from where the core fantasy is.
    The team looked at Demonology and took some inspiration from what exists today, but mostly started from scratch.
    Demonology is going to be completely different, which is going to require a lot of iteration and feedback from players.
    There is no way to enslave dreadlords permanently, but they have talked about a talent that lets your enslaved demon last longer or making it permanent, but there are significant balance concerns.
    It is much more focused on summoning demons and empowering them.
    You still use Shadow Bolt as a generator.
    Hand of Gul'dan is a spender which drops the meteor, but also summons one imp for every Soul Shard you spend on it, up to five.
    There is a rotational ability that summons a pair of new demons, Dreadstalkers.
    There is a new rotational Demonic Empowerment, that will buff the demons you have out, giving them a Bloodlust like buff.
    Lots of talents that summon demons as well, one makes Curse of Doom summon an imp when it pops.
    Another talent makes the Dreadstalkers you summon come with imps riding on them.
    No female Felguard in this expansion. Creating and animating new models is very expensive.
    Last edited by Elise the Seeker; 2015-11-08 at 04:26 PM.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Whoa thank you! Am I to understand Demonology gets a floating skull as a weapon?! Goodbye Meta, hello floating skull??
    Last edited by Xandy; 2015-11-06 at 08:13 PM.

Color me hyped.

Deleted

Found this on reddit. Chuckled.

Not at all pleased with our artifact weapons. I was really hoping for a sword for at least one of the specs.

The Destruction staff (the one I care about most) looks horrible. Why the fuck is it purple? Should be fel green, no? Thank god we can transmog them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Warlocks certainly have a claim for most powerful weapon lorewise with The Scepter of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Whoa thank you! Am I to understand Demonology gets a floating skull as a weapon?! Goodbye Meta, hello floating skull??
    Not having a wand is exciting. The lore behind the Affliction Scythe made me drool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    So Warlocks certainly have a claim for most powerful weapon lorewise with The Scepter of Sargeras.
    It looks underwhelming compared to the others.

dude our artifact weapons are sick!

I want this Felstalker!!

Deleted
    Very happy with the scythe, however generally I'm not a big fan of things that stick to your back due to clipping issues.

Hopefully it looks good equipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Skull also looks great, if it floats around you I'll jizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scythe and Staff are ace. Skull is lame. Obviously still need to know if we keep Meta; skull kinda makes sense if we do since weapons aren't visible in Meta but skull can be. Still lame though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Scythe and Staff are ace. Skull is lame. Obviously still need to know if we keep Meta; skull kinda makes sense if we do since weapons aren't visible in Meta but skull can be. Still lame though.
    I can't read.
    Last edited by Octa; 2015-11-06 at 09:04 PM.

Floating skull is pretty sick. Kinda sad the Scythe is only for Affliction. Destruction staff could be cooler.

If demonology is gonna be more about summoning demons, we better get a few of the new ones they showed for the demon hunter opener.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    They had a poll on the wow forums (started by a blue) and one of the questions on it was "Now that Warlocks lose meta...."
    It's gone.
    Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Link please?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19649325265

I love Demo and I LOVE meta. This made me very sad when I read it a few days ago.

The warlock design (especially Demonology) will basically determine whether or not I'll buy the game. So far the cinematic didn't inspire me. Warlock artifacts are one of the best actually ( with badass lore behind them )

I love Demo and I LOVE meta. This made me very sad when I read it a few days ago.
    Those are questions asked by players...

The skull is kind of cool. I would hope it doesnt just float in front of your face constantly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Those are questions asked by players...
    Yeah my bad somehow I missed "your questions" at the start of it all 10 times I read it. Reading is hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Sad times, I'll hold out hope for the answer being 'They don't lose Meta', but tbh it's probably been a vain hope for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    The warlock design (especially Demonology) will basically determine whether or not I'll buy the game. So far the cinematic didn't inspire me. Warlock artifacts are one of the best actually ( with badass lore behind them )
    Cinematic was amazing, how dare you. Still launch is like at least 8 months away, still a long time to make a decision. I might have lost interest entirely by that point, or they might pull a wildcard from somewhere.