Thread: Chogall

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'Gall + Abathur + Morales is just... unfair.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I managed to destroy all 3 healing fountains in about 1 minute as Cho'gall. Pretty damn fun. And broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Cho'Gall + Abathur + Morales is just... unfair.
    Not really. Had them against us (me and a friend also playing chogall). Thing is that if a team has that, then 4 members are always together, and they are unable to do anything on the map except from being together, plus they are not that strong anyway. If you're playing as any champ, well, obviously you're gonna get smashed if you fight them alone (1v4), but they have no presence on the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    True you have no map prescene... AT ALL. But when you just deathball right down midlane (and are playing against the kind of superbad you meet in QM) there's very little people can do against you. If they try to push and beat you to the nexus they WILL lose. If they try to take you out, they will ALSO probably lose (especially when the random 5th who isn't part of the monster is a very well played Assassin).

Obviously if you're playing against a decent, coordinated enemy team who know how to exploit your weaknesses it wont work very well, but playing against bads it's hilariously fun and just feels broken. I mean last night we had Cho'gall with all possible healing talents, Moralez focus healing him plus Stim Pack, Aba with all the heal/buff talents... At one point we were tanking 4 of the enemy team and two turrets and still didn't die...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    True you have no map prescene... AT ALL. But when you just deathball right down midlane (and are playing against the kind of superbad you meet in QM) there's very little people can do against you. If they try to push and beat you to the nexus they WILL lose. If they try to take you out, they will ALSO probably lose (especially when the random 5th who isn't part of the monster is a very well played Assassin).

Obviously if you're playing against a decent, coordinated enemy team who know how to exploit your weaknesses it wont work very well, but playing against bads it's hilariously fun and just feels broken. I mean last night we had Cho'gall with all possible healing talents, Moralez focus healing him plus Stim Pack, Aba with all the heal/buff talents... At one point we were tanking 4 of the enemy team and two turrets and still didn't die...
    Yeah, it indeed feels broken. I've been saying this to my premade friend (We're already lvl 8 as Chogall: I play Gall, he plays Cho): "Dude, I feel as like Cho'Gall is from another game and not hots".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Yeah, it indeed feels broken. I've been saying this to my premade friend (We're already lvl 8 as Chogall: I play Gall, he plays Cho): "Dude, I feel as like Cho'Gall is from another game and not hots".
    well he's from World of warcraft....

ok I'll show myself out.. bye

I need cho'gall if anyone is willing to help me out with some quick co-op vs ai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I need cho'gall if anyone is willing to help me out with some quick co-op vs ai.
    I need to buddy for 2 more for my quest to be complete. You or anyone who still needs cho can add me Royals#1508

Been playing with Cho'Gall with a buddy of mine making a very effective Runic Bomb build. Once you get enough stacks on that thing you can blow up like half a tanks health with the explosion and a shadowflame and heal for some ridiculous numbers.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Been playing with Cho'Gall with a buddy of mine making a very effective Runic Bomb build. Once you get enough stacks on that thing you can blow up like half a tanks health with the explosion and a shadowflame and heal for some ridiculous numbers.
    Yeah, I love that takedown empower ability. YESPLS.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/hero...ssions-chogall

Professional opinions on Cho'Gall:
    Bakery - Team Dignitas
    Cho'Gall is incredibly fun to play, especially when playing with a close friend. The amount of times I've heard "NO GO THAT WAY" is too many to count. Getting a great Upheaval off and combining it with something like a Devouring Maw or Mosh Pit is fantastically fun, and also very powerful. His weakness is definitely the fact that he can't utilize both the tank and damage sides of his kit - if he is tanking then he will be killed relatively quickly and will the team will lose not only the tank, but also their damage dealer. However, if he's in the back, he won't be able to utilize his ability to tank.
    Lucifron - Team Liquid
    From what I've experienced, Cho'Gall is too weak at the moment. Even if Gall does as much (maybe even more) damage than a top carry, and Cho is a decent tank in numbers, they get punished way too hard from some spells such as Seven Sided Strike, Anub's Web and so on. Having one body less makes soaking harder and I feel that he is too easy to kill from cc combos and such. Overall, the cons of having two Heroes in one outnumber the advantages that the champ itself might offer.
    Many more in the link above, as well as complete overview of the character.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    I definitely agree with Lucifron's assessment more. In organized teams especially, Cho'gall is more of a liability than anything else. In randoms, if he isn't properly dealt with and countered, he can be pretty potent. As soon as someone CCs him or has a counter his usefulness drops dramatically. I am personally relieved any time I don't see a Cho'gall on my team.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason Cho'gall's winrate is so low is because he's not only a new character (their winrates are typically <40%), but he requires two coordinated people to play well.

So you factor in people spamming chat channels with "Anyone want to play Cho'gall" and you get two people without voice comms who have never played together before and you've got a recipe for a shitty winrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I definitely agree with Lucifron's assessment more. In organized teams especially, Cho'gall is more of a liability than anything else. In randoms, if he isn't properly dealt with and countered, he can be pretty potent. As soon as someone CCs him or has a counter his usefulness drops dramatically. I am personally relieved any time I don't see a Cho'gall on my team.
    Since his release I've been spamming my hero league drafts with his winrate. It has helped most of the time to make people reconsider.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Since his release I've been spamming my hero league drafts with his winrate. It has helped most of the time to make people reconsider.
    Are you being counter picked? Are they targeting Cho'gall with CC's and percent health damage abilities? If not, they are doing it wrong and it shouldn't effect your winrate much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He's really only good as picks #8 and 9. Otherwise, it's easy to build a team with Leoric, Kharazim, Raynor/Falstad/Valla.

Certainly doesn't help that his most prominent counters are all incredibly popular picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

I would really like to get a Cho'gall. I'm on at most times, my name is Eldar#1829

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I managed to destroy all 3 healing fountains in about 1 minute as Cho'gall. Pretty damn fun. And broken.
    You can do the same thing with Azmodan.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, he can burn down most fountains safely on most maps (there's like one or two exceptions).

It's valid gameplay, and intentional that you can do it otherwise they would make the forward bases invulnerable while the towers are up (much like the inner ones...I believe they don't take any damage until at least one inner wall is down) or the Core which cannot take damage until at least one inner fort is down.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got all week to help people get Cho'Gall. Send a invite Padort#1582 US
    Last edited by sats; 2015-11-29 at 05:41 AM.