Thread: Chogall

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Are you being counter picked? Are they targeting Cho'gall with CC's and percent health damage abilities? If not, they are doing it wrong and it shouldn't effect your winrate much.
    Illidan can 'almost' solo him late game with Blood for Blood and giant killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Illidan can 'almost' solo him late game with Blood for Blood and giant killer.
    Which is a bit of a problem, really.

The more I play him the more I feel he just doesn't seem worth giving up having two bodies for. They may need to actually buff his tankiness a bit. A good Illidan or a good Raynor can melt him as fast as any other tank out there, yet that kill counts for TWO heroes.

I'd be okay with nerfing Galls damage if it means buffing Chos survival.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Which is a bit of a problem, really.

The more I play him the more I feel he just doesn't seem worth giving up having two bodies for. They may need to actually buff his tankiness a bit. A good Illidan or a good Raynor can melt him as fast as any other tank out there, yet that kill counts for TWO heroes.

I'd be okay with nerfing Galls damage if it means buffing Chos survival.
    Nerf the damage a little, give a passive 50% redux in CC time to compensate for the fact you get double value out of each CC. Ofcourse, for the ones that aren't simple stuns (eg. Kael'thas' gravity lapse) it might take a little work to make sure the animations don't look dumb. I get that Gall isn't effected but really he is because locking down Cho and bruising him enough puts Gall out of the fight as well because Cho has to play so defensively (or hearth)
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Nerf the damage a little, give a passive 50% redux in CC time to compensate for the fact you get double value out of each CC. Ofcourse, for the ones that aren't simple stuns (eg. Kael'thas' gravity lapse) it might take a little work to make sure the animations don't look dumb. I get that Gall isn't effected but really he is because locking down Cho and bruising him enough puts Gall out of the fight as well because Cho has to play so defensively (or hearth)
    IMO give Cho a passive damage reduction.

Make attacks like 10-20% less effective or something. As it stands he is actually too squishy, CC isn't the issue here. I've been burned in seconds by a Raynor/Illidan. Worse when they double up on you.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account

Make attacks like 10-20% less effective or something. As it stands he is actually too squishy, CC isn't the issue here. I've been burned in seconds by a Raynor/Illidan. Worse when they double up on you.
    He is too squishy thanks to Giant Killer and other high burst damage Heroes as well as having super poor health regeneration because of his massive health pool, which can easily be countered with very commonly picked Heroes. Healers can barely keep him alive because their healing doesn't scale with health percentage.

The one thing going for Cho'gall as I've seen is Gall's massive damage burst. If it wasn't for that damage output they would just not be playable at all as of now.

I think he's fine tbh, he's very fun to play and he's far from the worst hero this game has seen. Not every hero needs to be top tier. I also think many people don't know how to play him properly. Cho cannot maintank. You need a real tank to support him, and then he can work because Gall does insane damage, you just need his body to not be your entire frontline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I think he's fine tbh, he's very fun to play and he's far from the worst hero this game has seen. Not every hero needs to be top tier. I also think many people don't know how to play him properly. Cho cannot maintank. You need a real tank to support him, and then he can work because Gall does insane damage, you just need his body to not be your entire frontline.
    I'm not saying he is BAD, I'm just saying he isn't quite tough enough to be worth TWO HEROES. All it takes is someone with Giant killer to focus him and he melts quickly, especially if it's a Raynor....dear lord if you see a Raynor as Cho'Gall run the other way.

He needs a slight durability buff...at the cost of some damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    How often do people choose damage reduction and self healing talents on cho? They seem pretty damn good. I'm just wondering if he feels so squishy is because people fail to build him right. Also, Cho should be in and out of the front line. He is not a full time front liner. You can help out the team but your primary job is to keep yourself alive and in range so Gall can do his job. Never play Cho like you would Leoric or Johanna. You will just have a bad time.

I believe this is intended. If they have giant killer, you will go down fast no matter what. Thats 2 assassins on 1 warrior. At least 1 person should be nuked by Gall with Cho's basic attacks adding up. If gall uses shadowbolt volley at the right time, this can bring one of them very low. His defensive talent in tier one also gives 10 charges of block, and then there is molten block and a few more.

Illidan only has one CC - which is a heroic and raynor's stun knocks you back - which you can use to escape if you have his charge up. Granted, those 2 heroes have an easier time chasing others, though.

- - - Updated - - -

How often do people choose damage reduction and self healing talents on cho? They seem pretty damn good. I'm just wondering if he feels so squishy is because people fail to build him right. Also, Cho should be in and out of the front line. He is not a full time front liner. You can help out the team but your primary job is to keep yourself alive and in range so Gall can do his job. Never play Cho like you would Leoric or Johanna. You will just have a bad time.
    They are decent; Event better if you want to take down forts and stuff because his healing is %age based and it adds up really fast.

I am interested in abilities such as Psychotic break and will of gall. How are these used? Psychotic break was featured n one of the wtf moments vids i think - where someone was like 'really what happened?' lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Yes, Cho is fine. He even has good CC options in the form of heroics which work well with Gall. I am wondering how they will adjust Gall talents, because right now, most of the people take the shadowbolt width/range talents and in many games, Gall will top both siege and hero damage.

I also think that more and more players will learn to tackle/counter him over the next few weeks. There are different options as some guys have pointed out. (Polymorph/web wrap or chain stun and facetank gall or repoistion him into or near your group (Haymaker, Overpower, Phase prism)
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-11-30 at 07:49 AM.

I'm not saying he is BAD, I'm just saying he isn't quite tough enough to be worth TWO HEROES. All it takes is someone with Giant killer to focus him and he melts quickly, especially if it's a Raynor....dear lord if you see a Raynor as Cho'Gall run the other way.

He needs a slight durability buff...at the cost of some damage.
    And this is why you need to have another warrior as frontline so it's not just "hurrdurr everyone dump your damage on Cho'gall for a free double kill".

Everyone takes those talents because the other talents are pretty shit.

I think I need to spill it because this hero suck in so many levels, you might get lucky against couple of noob teams but this hero lacks many things. Cho as melee warrior he lacks from any kind of snare in his basic abilities and only way to get some kind of CC you need to sacrifice very important talent like crippling blow instead of twilight veil (lvl 16), and at that point this talent won't be effective much unless you skip blazing bulwark to get surging dash (lvl 1), this means you need to screw up your whole talents just to fix useless Q ability. TBH his surging fist as whole concept sucks and needs to be reworked completely, it don't do dmg nor CC in a full meaning.

Second thing is CC against Cho'gall is very effective and powerful, 2 CC of price of 1 is unbelievable, Cho'gall needs to get 50 % reduction all kinds of snares in his triat. lastly, having 2 players soaking a line to get XP and especially at mid duration of match is complete waste of efforts, you can't imagine how many times we got rolled by level difference just because we can't spread around to soak lines and get more XP, Unless you are completely stomping over the other team you won't feel that but against a team knows what he is doing believe me you will struggle.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2015-12-06 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I think I need to spill it because this hero suck in so many levels, you might get lucky against couple of noob teams but this hero lacks many things. Cho as melee warrior he lacks from any kind of snare in his basic abilities and only way to get some kind of CC you need to sacrifice very important talent like crippling blow instead of twilight veil (lvl 16), and at that point this talent won't be effective much unless you skip blazing bulwark to get surging dash (lvl 1), this means you need to screw up your whole talents just to fix useless Q ability. TBH his surging fist as whole concept sucks and needs to be reworked completely, it don't do dmg nor CC in a full meaning.
    Agree strongly, I think there should be something to compensate the Q if used offensively rather than defensively (tbh most of the time I see it used its to disengage, which is fine) Maybe have a snare as baseline and have the lvl 16 talent buff the snare. Blazing Bulwark too strong to pass up imo.

Second thing is CC against Cho'gall is very effective and powerful, 2 CC of price of 1 is unbelievable, Cho'gall needs to get 50 % reduction all kinds of snares in his triat. lastly, having 2 players soaking a line to get XP and especially at mid duration of match is complete waste of efforts, you can't imagine how many times we got rolled by level difference just because we can't spread around to soak lines and get more XP, Unless you are completely stomping over the other team you won't feel that but against a team knows what he is doing believe me you will struggle.
    Yup, pretty much all of this. I don't know if maybe "Hurry Up Oaf" could have a CC break put in rather than a passive CC reduction, maybe lower its CD a little too, so essentially Gall gets a "trinket" (WoW PvP) to use during fights, if they CC too early you can sit it out but when they try to lock you down when the brawl really gets going you can break out at the right time and RAAGHSMASH...