Quote Originally Posted by Entarium View Post
    Hi, I have 3 trinkets to choose from:

Nightmare Egg shell (mythic) 840
    Hunger of the pack (mythic) 840
    and Nightborne's hunting horn (ilvl 835 1073 agi, 882 vers)

Which 2 should I use?

From what I understand secondary stats are all pretty close so I'm using the double 840's right now, thoughts?
    No one can answer this for you and give you a reliable answer. You have to sim it. Would depend on your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    No one can answer this for you and give you a reliable answer. You have to sim it. Would depend on your gear.
    which sims are working currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Entarium View Post
    which sims are working currently?
    https://simulationcraft.org/

Download the released version, import your character, set your fight settings(fight length, type of fight, enemy race, number of targets) then sim it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    Does anyone know if there is like a 'hidden' buff for RtB? Right now my RtB Pandemic timer is pretty ugly, Lua wise.
    Well, thank you for sharing that anyway. So far the best I've been able to do is a custom trigger that checks if two buffs are up or not. Got the logic for it from the official forums.

function()

local count = 0

if UnitBuff('player','Shark Infested Waters') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','True Bearing') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Jolly Roger') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Grand Melee') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Buried Treasure') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Broadsides') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if count < 2 then
    return true
    end

end
    And then the same logic for the untrigger, except change the "if count < 2 then" to "if count > 1 then". This will tell you if two buffs are NOT up, btw. Reverse the checks if you want it to tell you when two buffs ARE up.

Anyone good with lua know how to work in Pandemic into this, so it returns true if the buffs have less than 10 or so seconds left?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Well, thank you for sharing that anyway. So far the best I've been able to do is a custom trigger that checks if two buffs are up or not. Got the logic for it from the official forums.

And then the same logic for the untrigger, except change the "if count < 2 then" to "if count > 1 then". This will tell you if two buffs are NOT up, btw. Reverse the checks if you want it to tell you when two buffs ARE up.

Anyone good with lua know how to work in Pandemic into this, so it returns true if the buffs have less than 10 or so seconds left?
    What I posted works fine for Pandemic (bar is green if it's outside of Pandemic range, red if it is in Pandemic range) but obviously does not have the check for 2 or more buffs.

d8JHiaGAQa1Pf1Njf7crQTHq)fu1mrKW5bQzJQhIir3ei8uu(MuLLjc7KkTxIDRk7x5Nubyyi43u1OKuJdi1GHgUu6 GsLoLKCmr6CsvTqjYsbswSuy5clcKvrfqpMephWLPmvsAYKQPRYfrKuxvQ4zsrxxvTrQqDyK2SiA7ur6JarFLkKPHO (oIKmpQazwsy0iIXlr5KsuDlQOUgOY9OIyLGYTjLEnvqlPIQWYIBAcI9j3SVWaewcsNG0einCctRW0fMUOkSSI)jne ws)7CmNQbqyoGoQKIYDj1cRbniLEUpevXnvCmOjMcAIW1KmbYW1Ki5E9KKodxtXnH4MkNW4EQUOkSJYT3jQct7NFzr vo5eMEozYSYNFGfvHP9ZVSOkNCcl8CtufM2p)YIQCYjSKuLl7FIQW0(5xwuLtoH1602JYT3jQct7NFzrvo5ewqvmrv yA)8llQYjNCclmnz)tfCRjm6pOnOHWYV8bVIxBl3otxCtf2zLD)WegiYVSwkpdCctpd4G)pLl7utyuoxyuLl7utnYA 0ybi86M46CkbHPNbA5uWQwzhPWsEcBOWOVSw6L9prvyAP5NOkmfp3hGsCtfgGcLBLjUPctXZ9rjXnvykEUpaP4MkSp GbpL3scvAiSdCRjmLpW51kmafk3alUPcJYBjHkUeewzIlbHbwCjimfp3hQGBnHP8boVwH9bm4v8CFiLeMIN7JUIBQW u8CF44)tryHD)4nm5)PCz)RUAWgoC4WbB4WHd5EfkFyCnG3kRDOtgcyCt5Q7vmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubeJeA4WHL)sA aNPp0r0ZcaOQQH(yiGXnLRUxXWoV819h0AOwofSfqfqLcpvhiRBaqvvd9XqaJBkxDVIHDE5R7pO1qTCkylGkGk9JSP punmkWpmOQQH(yiGXnLRUxXWoV819h0AOwofSfqfqQX3gwYOr(PbQQAOpgcyCt5Q7vmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubempNdE iO8ASaQQAOpgcyCt5Q7vmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubeid6tFiimUzqvvd9Xqcd2WHdhoydhoCi3Rq5dJRb86)yOtgcyCt5 QjwmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubeJeA4WHL)sAaNPp0r0ZcaOQQH(yiGXnLRMyXWoV819h0AOwofSfqfqLcpvhiRBaqvvd9X qaJBkxnXIHDE5R7pO1qTCkylGkGk9JSPpunmkWpmOQQH(yiGXnLRMyXWoV819h0AOwofSfqfqQX3gwYOr(PbQQAOpg cyCt5QjwmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubempNdEiO8ASaQQAOpgcyCt5QjwmSZlFD)bTgQLtbBbubeid6tFiimUzqvvd9Xqcd 2WHdhoydhoCi3Rq5dJRb8nj0AXqNmSoUgWR)dhibs3Kq1GnC4WHd2WHdhY9ku(W4AaFyAh6KHX1aERS2HopeK2PM1A 1vd2WHdhoydhoCyo5W4AaFyAh6Gggxd4BsO1IHhj2BWgoC4WHdhoCWgoC4WHdhomS7hVHjGdUccfeksjqyOZoxR45( yysFmS83zr8BpAdUnuHcCvd2WHdhoC4WHd2WHdhACaBWgoC4WHdhoCWgoC4WHdhomS7hVHjGdUIeWbxbHIuceg6SZ1 kEUpgM0hdl)Dwe)2J2GBdvOax1GnC4WHdhoC4GnC4WH2tFWgoC4WbZE6cl8h9mXLGW0)b9Y(NWsLtoHDrwJglevH9O AnarvCtfgmpNdEiO8ASqCtimqg0N(qqyCZe3McR0pYM(q1WOa)WexYcRu4P6azDdqCHtymsOHdhw(lPbCM(qhrplae xIctn(2WsgnYpnYjNWiXYAi5ehteoI961h0K7tOx)0(n7jjDMmOfMEgOLtbRALDGkRHKtydfwwxyLOHWivz9JeXnbz IKMirIPGUj5EPebTWEFTQrwJglae3u5egvufwPWt1bY6gG4M2SFtcPKfgid6tFiimUzIBAcI9jtMGWG55CWdbLxJfI BAcI9j3SVWk9JSPpunmkWpmXnnbX(Kj3uymsOHdhw(lPbCM(qhrplae30ee7tMCQWuJVnSKrJ8tJ4MMGyFYKtiNWCQ 4MsorQCIa
    This is what my RTB WAs look like combined (buffs that are active appear below the bar) http://i.imgur.com/5B7bndk.png
    Last edited by wtfzerg; 2016-09-07 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    What I posted works fine for Pandemic (bar is green if it's outside of Pandemic range, red if it is in Pandemic range) but obviously does not have the check for 2 or more buffs.
    Hmm. I'll keep working on some way to combine them. Right now I have to go to the dentist, though. (le sigh)

- - - Updated - - -

Toothache aside, I belive I've done it, by combining my own custom trigger that checks for 2 buffs and wtfzerg's timer that shows the Pandemic timer for the buffs.

It's not very pretty, but this custom trigger returns true if you either:

a. Have less than 2 RtB buffs (so 1 or 0)

or

b. Have 2 or more RtB buffs up but they are within the Pandemic reroll time.

function()

local count = 0

local rtb_exp = select(7, UnitAura("player","Shark Infested Waters")) or select(7, UnitAura("player","Broadsides")) or select(7, UnitAura("player","Buried Treasure")) or select(7, UnitAura("player","True Bearing")) or select(7, UnitAura("player","Jolly Roger")) or select(7, UnitAura("player","Grand Melee")) or 0

local rtb_dur = select(6, UnitAura("player","Shark Infested Waters")) or select(6, UnitAura("player","Broadsides")) or select(6, UnitAura("player","Buried Treasure")) or select(6, UnitAura("player","True Bearing")) or select(6, UnitAura("player","Jolly Roger")) or select(6, UnitAura("player","Grand Melee")) or 0

local rtb_30per = (rtb_dur*0.30)

local rtb_rem = rtb_exp - GetTime()

if UnitBuff('player','Shark Infested Waters') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','True Bearing') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Jolly Roger') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Grand Melee') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Buried Treasure') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Broadsides') then
    count = count + 1
    end

if count < 2 or
    count > 1 and
    rtb_rem < rtb_30per then
    return true
    end

end
    To create a custom untrigger that will hide the glow/effect/whatever you have, simply copy this same code into Custom Untrigger but replace this bit:

if count < 2 or
    count > 1 and
    rtb_rem < rtb_30per then
    return true
    With this:

if count > 1 and
    rtb_rem > rtb_30per then
    return true
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    How do you guys deal with/avoid dry spells in a fight?

I often get periods of up to 10 seconds where I get zero saberslash procs, zero pistol shot procs, sitting at 1 buff and looking at a painfully slow energy regen rate while I slowly slip down the damage meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellow View Post
    How do you guys deal with/avoid dry spells in a fight?

I often get periods of up to 10 seconds where I get zero saberslash procs, zero pistol shot procs, sitting at 1 buff and looking at a painfully slow energy regen rate while I slowly slip down the damage meter.
    Thistle Tea.

I'm not at my PC just now but i'm wondering, is there any way to disable the standard combat alert for Opportunity. The little yellow explosion above the middle of the screen?

Because of the camera and nameplate style I have, it gets lost in the action like 9/10 times and i have to actively keep an eye out for it specifically. Would rather make my own weakaura.

You can disable spell alerts afaik in your options.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still hate RtB. Rolling 8 times in a row, only to have a single buff. I kill my enemies with saber slash and auto attack as damage and nothing else, unless I get extremely lucky and get 2 or more buffs.

Urm. Did they nerf Roll the bones ? Someone said all buffs was nerfed by 25-40% today, but i can't find any notes or source for this. Haven't been able to check ingame myself either.

Deleted
    Noticed that Shark buff is now 25% crit increase instead of 40% now. Seems to have been bones nerfed at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Makovic View Post
    Noticed that Shark buff is now 25% crit increase instead of 40% now. Seems to have been bones nerfed at least.
    Yes it has, many weeks ago....

Deleted
    Then I am a dumdum :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I still hate RtB. Rolling 8 times in a row, only to have a single buff. I kill my enemies with saber slash and auto attack as damage and nothing else, unless I get extremely lucky and get 2 or more buffs.
    On many occasions I'll end up rolling something useless multiple times in a row. RtB can be loads of fun when you're getting good rolls, but other times it can feel dreadful. I do wish there was a viable alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    When you're out and just killing regular mobs/questing, don't even bother rerolling it. It's simply a waste of time. I use Marked for Death and kill regular mobs without using RtB at all. Marked for Death, Run Through, 1-2 saberslashes and another Run Through. Since Marked for Death resets every time you kill something with it, you can dispose of many regular mobs in quick fashion this way. If it's a thougher mob, use Roll the Bones, but don't bother rerolling it. One buff is well enough for stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post

Doesn't RtB not pandemic?

I see no mentions of Slice and Dice. So I guess that's not even worth taking?

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Doesn't RtB not pandemic?
    RTB Pandemics but only at the same level of combo points; you can pandemic a 6 CP RTB with 6 CP, but you can't 1 CP roll over a 6 and get a 50 second buff of whatever you rolled. That'd be really damn nice though.