Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Make sure you have acrobatic strikes and swordmaster, I would blade flurry and nuke her in the opener and the adds would die just from the flurry. But after that you need to make sure you kills the adds fast, i would use Thraxis combined with Bear Tartare and spamming MFD/Runthrough with blade flurry made quick work on adds.

Ultimately though, I only know 2 other outlaw rogues personally that have done it and - like me - the surefire way we were successful was that we got at least one 6 roll during the fight, ideally <50% and you can pretty much overpower her and just tunnel her before adds get out of control especially if you have curse ready. Keep in mind this was pre 7.2.5 so I wouldn't know what its like now, but once you get the strat down you pretty much need a 6 roll or at the very least a string of strong consistent rolls, one of the other rogues I know just melted her because he got 3 6 rolls in his attempt, basically rng has to be on your side.

I don't have the feint heal legs (using them would be a waste of energy and GCD anyway, imo) but my kill attempt I had thraxis and prydaz if that helps, best of luck.
    When i down her to 3m i got a 6 roll in the middle of the fight and melted her very easy, i think is just lucky rolls and learn the fight.

I have 930 ilvl and 52 on outlaw weapon but she always combo the shield+adds and kill me i keep trying nice rolls.

Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by permp View Post
    Im trying to do the mage tower challenge and it seems really "impossible".

I watch some videos and the guys make it so smooth without the aghata reach high stacks and kill the adds really fast but when i try she always on 20 stacks+ and always combo the shield+healing adds and kills me.

Any suggestions? i am using prydaz and legs but i never feint only sprint to use the free feint.
    Keep in mind those videos were generally done after many attempts--lots of practice tends to make someone look good at something.

For me personally, I did it at 904 with Mantle and Insignia, and I did not have a COF. I used Spiced Falcosaur Omlette instead of Bear Tartare. It took I think around 30ish attempts. I know some people have done it with the healing/survivability legendaries, but in my opinion if you don't already have really good gear to support your DPS, you should be wearing throughput legendaries.

Acrobatic Strikes and Swordmaster, along with Iron Stomach were my talents.

Because I have the shoulders I was able to Blade Flurry down the imps in the opener and tunnel her, which was helpful.

Some tips:
    - Save MFD for the Imps unless you have TB up and some time before the next group spawns.
    - Plague Imps won't start casting and creating a Plague Zone until they touch you. I dealt with this by largely kiting them to one side, letting them touch me to start the cast, and then moving back to the other side. No plague in the area I wanted clear.
    - Invincible Imps (Umbral, I think?) were priority #1 for me. Their spawn gets nasty during a couple transitions in the fight. At one point she'll spawn Umbral, Plague, Healing Imps, AND be going into her shield. I saved Cloak for this transition--I think it's after the 2nd port in the 2nd phase.
    -- I saved Riposte + Drums + 2nd pot for the 4th transition back to the big solid wall because she makes a similar spawn of imps and it's close to her shield time.
    - Don't panic over the healing imps.
    - Don't be afraid to hold a finisher/pool as her mana approaches full. The only caveat to this (as I said above), is if Umbral Imps are coming up.
    - The boulders are slightly larger than their boxes appear to be. I treated them with an abundance of caution and just stayed in the opposite lane/edge of the platform if I could. I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose several good attempts at sub 20% to barely stubbing my toe on a boulder.

I didn't get a full RTB roll like a lot of people, but I did roll a number of times for Grand Melee. Honestly, at some points in this fight, if you don't have the healing, you're just going to die without having a pot, Cloak, and several lucky Greed procs in a row. I got tired of dying to stupid chip damage and no Greed procs, and just did what I could to have GM up.

It's not a very forgiving fight, but once you're into the 2nd phase consistently just try to keep your head on straight and focus on your priorities with the imps. If you can manage the imps, you'll get her down.

Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    Keep in mind those videos were generally done after many attempts--lots of practice tends to make someone look good at something.

For me personally, I did it at 904 with Mantle and Insignia, and I did not have a COF. I used Spiced Falcosaur Omlette instead of Bear Tartare. It took I think around 30ish attempts. I know some people have done it with the healing/survivability legendaries, but in my opinion if you don't already have really good gear to support your DPS, you should be wearing throughput legendaries.

Acrobatic Strikes and Swordmaster, along with Iron Stomach were my talents.

Because I have the shoulders I was able to Blade Flurry down the imps in the opener and tunnel her, which was helpful.

Some tips:
    - Save MFD for the Imps unless you have TB up and some time before the next group spawns.
    - Plague Imps won't start casting and creating a Plague Zone until they touch you. I dealt with this by largely kiting them to one side, letting them touch me to start the cast, and then moving back to the other side. No plague in the area I wanted clear.
    - Invincible Imps (Umbral, I think?) were priority #1 for me. Their spawn gets nasty during a couple transitions in the fight. At one point she'll spawn Umbral, Plague, Healing Imps, AND be going into her shield. I saved Cloak for this transition--I think it's after the 2nd port in the 2nd phase.
    -- I saved Riposte + Drums + 2nd pot for the 4th transition back to the big solid wall because she makes a similar spawn of imps and it's close to her shield time.
    - Don't panic over the healing imps.
    - Don't be afraid to hold a finisher/pool as her mana approaches full. The only caveat to this (as I said above), is if Umbral Imps are coming up.
    - The boulders are slightly larger than their boxes appear to be. I treated them with an abundance of caution and just stayed in the opposite lane/edge of the platform if I could. I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose several good attempts at sub 20% to barely stubbing my toe on a boulder.

I didn't get a full RTB roll like a lot of people, but I did roll a number of times for Grand Melee. Honestly, at some points in this fight, if you don't have the healing, you're just going to die without having a pot, Cloak, and several lucky Greed procs in a row. I got tired of dying to stupid chip damage and no Greed procs, and just did what I could to have GM up.

It's not a very forgiving fight, but once you're into the 2nd phase consistently just try to keep your head on straight and focus on your priorities with the imps. If you can manage the imps, you'll get her down.

Killed her in 2 attemps after the other guy answer me but thanks.

i got three 6 rolls and lusted+pot and melted her in 1 minute after the second blink.

As they say... I'd rather be lucky than good!

Lol congrats

How far behind is outlaw compared to sim and sub?

Also, how fun is this spec to pilot on a daily and weekly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

I still find it fun but it seems to be vastly inferior to sub, idk what its like compared to assa. My problem with this recent patch with the outlaw changes is that they nerfed arush and it doesn't even feel that amazing when you pop it. Also even though there are 6 buffs still you can only 5 roll and it's so much more rare then before, not sure what that achieved exactly. But I am a Warrior veteran only started rogue this expansion so I am not as knowledgable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

Sub is pretty much better in every situation. However if you can't pull off the rotation properly then you might get better results as outlaw.

Deleted
    I still find it fun but it seems to be vastly inferior to sub, idk what its like compared to assa. My problem with this recent patch with the outlaw changes is that they nerfed arush and it doesn't even feel that amazing when you pop it. Also even though there are 6 buffs still you can only 5 roll and it's so much more rare then before, not sure what that achieved exactly. But I am a Warrior veteran only started rogue this expansion so I am not as knowledgable.
    Yea, those were some random changes. Still wondering if Blizz considers us on the stronger side of things. Why else would they put out a preemptive nerf out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kijubei View Post
    Yea, those were some random changes. Still wondering if Blizz considers us on the stronger side of things. Why else would they put out a preemptive nerf out?
    Cause blizz doesn't know what they are doing with outlaw anymore. The spec needs a revamp in the next expansion and they could start by having pistol shot procs having an energy cost while actually doing some decent damage cause right now they hit like a water gun without the bracers.

Recently came back to wow (been playing since start of BC raiding into BT back then, less serious now), decided to roll a rogue as outlaw looked really fun, and for the most part I have enjoyed it. But RtB is such a frustrating mechanic that leaves me unhappy half the time, it has potential to be really good though.
    So my rogue is only around 870 ilvl after being 110 for around 4 days now, and I figured Id try out SnD and sim it as well. For me, maybe since I dont have any legos or set pieces yet and only 30 traits, SND sims higher than RtB, even with my gear going more towards stacking vers and crit. I regeared a little and dropped vers down to 3% and crit to 28%, haste 17% and mastery 52% as per the stat weights simc gave me and im simming a fair amount more dps, going to try it out tonight but SnD plays way more smoothly and I like it a lot better.

Deleted
    Hello everyone, playing Outlaw (in 2231231)) now since 2 weeks in PvP / PvE (casual mode) I notice some worries and especially a big black dot that is mobility (in PvP) when the PvE SnD Of power compare to RtB.
    Here are the modifications which I propose and which will be nice to see;
    - increase the range of Pistol Shot to 30y,
    - restore insensibility to loss of control during the Killing spree,
    - replace the AtkSpd/RegenNrj provided by SnD for Haste.
    * For those who are mobility here are my suggestion;
    - allow Acrobatic Strikes to apply a daze in addition to its range increase and also make it applicable when targets are touched by Blade flurry,
    - remove or baseline Hit and Run, and replace it by Burst of speed(build20740) which will replace our Sprint if chosen this talent, thus it will affect the Maneuverability talent that will pass to 2sec as well as our passive Restless blades which n Will not affect this one.

Otherwise I find this specialization really and it lacks very little to make it competitive. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc055dfbee20; 2017-07-22 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Cause blizz doesn't know what they are doing with outlaw anymore. The spec needs a revamp in the next expansion and they could start by having pistol shot procs having an energy cost while actually doing some decent damage cause right now they hit like a water gun without the bracers.
    Yes Pistol Shot does terrible damage. Do I leave it completely out of the rotation? Use it only when Blunderbuss procs? Or keep using it on free procs? This is without Greenskin's.

Keep using the free procs, when you don't have enough energy to SS, or if you have 5 cps, because you don't want to SS at 5 in case it hits twice and you waste a cp. If you have the t20 2p, it's also important to try and keep up the 5% crit buff you get from using free pistol shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterblack View Post
    Yes Pistol Shot does terrible damage. Do I leave it completely out of the rotation? Use it only when Blunderbuss procs? Or keep using it on free procs? This is without Greenskin's.
    It's less about pistol shots damage and more about the large number of procs that go wasted. It's not worth using pistol shot if you're going to cap on energy because ss does more damage. So a large number of opportunity procs will go wasted because its really hard to get low energy a lot of the times as outlaw, ESPECIALLY with adrenaline rush up even after the nerf.

Not to mention the amount of wasted cp's from ss's untimely extra procs. Anyway to answer your question, it'd be dumb to leave it out of the rotation completely. You simply use it when you're not going to energy cap from using it + opportunity proc is up...which should just about be always.

I disagree with Xelion about it being important to keep up with 5% crit buff from t20 2p. I would not go out of my way to make sure that is up as crit isn't that great to outlaw to begin with, and imo you'd be wasting damage using it in times that I did not mention just to try to keep that 5% crit buff up.

I typically have about 60-70% uptime following the way i use Pistol shot procs and that's more than enough.
    Last edited by Sephiroso; 2017-07-24 at 07:00 PM.

As a fairly new Outlaw rogue, I am not understanding why people are talking about not using the pistol shot procs. I use pretty much every single one of them, because they are free CP. Unless I'm in the middle of heroism and adrenaline rush, I usually don't energy cap, so it seems like using the proc is always going to be beneficial. Aside from energy capping (in which case SS would be better I guess), why would we not want to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    As a fairly new Outlaw rogue, I am not understanding why people are talking about not using the pistol shot procs. I use pretty much every single one of them, because they are free CP. Unless I'm in the middle of heroism and adrenaline rush, I usually don't energy cap, so it seems like using the proc is always going to be beneficial. Aside from energy capping (in which case SS would be better I guess), why would we not want to use it?
    Thats pretty much what we've been saying. Not to use it if you're going to energy cap in the time you can use another global after using PS. As you get better gear, you will energy cap more often and find yourself using PS less often(if you're doing it right).

So what's the best lego combo for outlaw now with shoulder nerf? Bracer/insignia with 4 piece and T19 2 piece? Or do they shoulders still rain supreme? What's bosses is everyone using insignia > bracers for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tniemuth95 View Post
    So what's the best lego combo for outlaw now with shoulder nerf? Bracer/insignia with 4 piece and T19 2 piece? Or do they shoulders still rain supreme? What's bosses is everyone using insignia > bracers for?
    A lot of 920+ Outlaw use Shoulders + Insignia on all bosses these 2 last days :
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking....1501192800000

Quote Originally Posted by Tniemuth95 View Post
    I'd imagine any strictly single target fight such as Avatar you'll want to use Mantle+Bracer. Any fight with adds go back to Mantle+Insignia. I wouldn't really try to throw in 2 pc 19 because you'll have to use less than optimal leggos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatterblack View Post
    I'd imagine any strictly single target fight such as Avatar you'll want to use Mantle+Bracer. Any fight with adds go back to Mantle+Insignia. I wouldn't really try to throw in 2 pc 19 because you'll have to use less than optimal leggos.
    It's weird the amount of people who used Insignia on ST such as Kil'jaeden or Avatar.
    Is mantle nerf that important ?