Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Guess I'm just more used to priests in a DnD cleric sense, using blunt weapons, like maces and flails and morningstars. The cleric kits are all Priest of [insert name of god].
    Even those are only restricted from using daggers in combt to attack their foes.
    They can use them in rituals and for spells perfectly well. (Or to butter their bread you know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That and I love the quote from Book in Firefly.

Zoe: Preacher, don't the bible have some pretty specific things to say about killin'?
    Book: Quite specific, it is however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps
    That and the "special hell" line are my favorites from Book.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Whata fuck? a cheese knife for Shadow priests?
    lol a cheese knife that is a good sum up of what we are getting, I was hopping for a cool staff like my Athem

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck indeed. When I checked my main spec's artifact I was so disappointed - is this dagger a joke? This garbage needs to be recycled. Disc and holy priest artifacts are amazing though (especially holy).

Deleted
    I guess Im in the minority here but I do like the Old God style dagger that Shadow gets, I mean I would not say no to a staff but I like the design so doesnt bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by salkz View Post
    What the fuck indeed. When I checked my main spec's artifact I was so disappointed - is this dagger a joke? This garbage needs to be recycled. Disc and holy priest artifacts are amazing though (especially holy).
    I do not like the staves, they are so unimaginative.
    I'd rather have had a book as the lore item.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I do not like the staves, they are so unimaginative.
    I'd rather have had a book as the lore item.
    The two dominant aesthetic inspirations for WoW are Disney and Warhammer, and as the latter's name implies it's all about War. Even the crafting professions all funnel into the war machine, the quests and lore are predominantly war related, etc. Books just aren't very warlike, while Staves *are* warlike, at least in the context of a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    The two dominant aesthetic inspirations for WoW are Disney and Warhammer, and as the latter's name implies it's all about War. Even the crafting professions all funnel into the war machine, the quests and lore are predominantly war related, etc. Books just aren't very warlike, while Staves *are* warlike, at least in the context of a priest.
    Uh...

...explain the bolded, please?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy
    [quote name="Yunzi" post=38061691]The two dominant aesthetic inspirations for WoW are Disney and Warhammer, and as the latter's name implies it's all about War. Even the crafting professions all funnel into the war machine, the quests and lore are predominantly war related, etc. Books just aren't very warlike, while Staves *are* warlike, at least in the context of a priest.

Uh...

...explain the bolded, please?[/quote]

My guess is he means wow's "cartoonish" visual style.

Sent from my XT1033 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I'd give that to you if the class was called clerics and used staves in melee range.
    As it is however we stand at the back and cast spells, so at best the staff is a focus, at worst it is only of use for the elderly.
    I for one use my spell book much more frequently than I use my staff to hit things or even just take if off my back.