Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    So now I'm forced to use a gun (which I fucking hate) as artifact weapon, one of the main feature of Legion, or transmog and fuck that shit. I think this is great design.

I think my biggest complaint, over the gun, is the little snippet of lore surrounding it so far.

Marksman: Alleria's bow, super legit. Alleria is probably the greatest high elven ranger ever to live (Sorry Sylvanas, big sister has you) who had a reputation as a crackshot. This completely fits the theme of the spec, and I couldn't find a better icon and her weapon to represent it.

Survival: Eagle Spear, again the only complaint here would be dual wield vs 2-h but a hunting spear is something that makes complete sense. Being crafted by Tauren that live in a remote, difficult place to live (Highmountain) makes sense to really capture that rugged, gritty frontiersman feel that I think the new Survival should embody.

Beast Mastery: A gun designed by Mimiron, the watcher that represents the exact opposite of the spec. I mean this guy was the mecha-gnome proto-god; a crazy inventor and master of machines. To me machines are the exact opposite of animals, life-forms that exist outside the "civilized" races one created by nature, and one by man. This makes the gun sound lifeless, it was created by metal and invention with no inspiration from nature; and it's not tied to beasts at all.

It's a damn shame too because you could've done something like dual-wield Rexxar's throwing axes, or a crossbow of the Mok'Nathal, or a weapon of Vol'Jin (being a shadow hunter). I think they honestly ran out of ideas and just came up with a cool, sounding weapon and threw lore onto it. I just don't think it in any way encapsulates what a *beast mastery* specced hunter would represent. I mean it's even called Titanstrike; named after super advanced sentient beings that shaped Azeroth; again getting way away from beasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Main skin looks pretty awful
    But the others look pretty good
    This only reinforces what I have been thinking for a while now. Blizzard will sell 'alternative' good looking skins for real money in the store. The 'free' main skin can't look too good obviously

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    This only reinforces what I have been thinking for a while now. Blizzard will sell 'alternative' good looking skins for real money in the store. The 'free' main skin can't look too good obviously
    Well, you unlock the second skin, "enhanced" version, at level 110. The other 3 come, I think, from Challenge Mode / Raid / PvP. Which comes from which I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrandis View Post
    I think my biggest complaint, over the gun, is the little snippet of lore surrounding it so far.

Marksman: Alleria's bow, super legit. Alleria is probably the greatest high elven ranger ever to live (Sorry Sylvanas, big sister has you) who had a reputation as a crackshot. This completely fits the theme of the spec, and I couldn't find a better icon and her weapon to represent it.

Survival: Eagle Spear, again the only complaint here would be dual wield vs 2-h but a hunting spear is something that makes complete sense. Being crafted by Tauren that live in a remote, difficult place to live (Highmountain) makes sense to really capture that rugged, gritty frontiersman feel that I think the new Survival should embody.

Beast Mastery: A gun designed by Mimiron, the watcher that represents the exact opposite of the spec. I mean this guy was the mecha-gnome proto-god; a crazy inventor and master of machines. To me machines are the exact opposite of animals, life-forms that exist outside the "civilized" races one created by nature, and one by man. This makes the gun sound lifeless, it was created by metal and invention with no inspiration from nature; and it's not tied to beasts at all.
    I agree that the lore absolutely doesn't fit beastmaster, the guy thats focused on his pet, gets a si-fi rifle to shoot lazers at his target oO

Always hated guns. Yet I want to play BM in Legion. Sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Always hated guns. Yet I want to play BM in Legion. Sad panda.
    Yeah, some hunters are in a tight spot with the new design.

I hate guns. I love the MM artifact, but I never wanted to abandon my pet. They said most marksman hunters were using lone wolf, but that's because MM was the only way to not have a pet, so survival and BM hunters that didn't want the pet likely swapped to it. Making it part of the spec rather than a talent option is a bit disappointing to me.

Now survival hunters, like myself, may want to abandon that spec because of melee. To do so we're forced to abandon our pet or use a damn gun for the artifact weapon.

If I could transmog my legendary bow, it would still feel pretty cool, but as it stands I'll have to use a blue item from MoP for a third expansion. Not terribly exciting.

I really feel like the MM and BM artifacts should be a transmog swap option, but I understand that would open the floodgates for other classes requesting the same. I was excited to play my hunter again with this expansion, but now I'm left scratching my head on what I would want to do with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I never wanted to abandon my pet. They said most marksman hunters were using lone wolf, but that's because MM was the only way to not have a pet, so survival and BM hunters that didn't want the pet likely swapped to it. Making it part of the spec rather than a talent option is a bit disappointing to me.
    So far we don't know everything yet, Lone Wolf is baseline but has it been confirmed anywhere yet that you might not be able to viably get the pet back via a talent choice even as MM? MM was not the only way to play as a lone wolf, just one that worked very well for HFC. Survival could go LW as well just the entire specc wasn't really viable in HFC, anyone who wants LW as BM should go and think about long and hard anyway.

I dislike many many of the new designs but thats always been true, luckily I don't have to run around in the most recent design mishaps. Though it was of course always highly satisfactory to finally get a new piece of armour or weapon that also looked cool. This effect is greatly diminished by transmogs.

I hate guns. I love the MM artifact, but I never wanted to abandon my pet. They said most marksman hunters were using lone wolf, but that's because MM was the only way to not have a pet, so survival and BM hunters that didn't want the pet likely swapped to it. Making it part of the spec rather than a talent option is a bit disappointing to me.

Now survival hunters, like myself, may want to abandon that spec because of melee. To do so we're forced to abandon our pet or use a damn gun for the artifact weapon.

If I could transmog my legendary bow, it would still feel pretty cool, but as it stands I'll have to use a blue item from MoP for a third expansion. Not terribly exciting.

I really feel like the MM and BM artifacts should be a transmog swap option, but I understand that would open the floodgates for other classes requesting the same. I was excited to play my hunter again with this expansion, but now I'm left scratching my head on what I would want to do with him.
    I think there's room for BM to capture both playstyles of a beast master and an archer that likes their pet if they use talents or something. One of the devs already said MM was making the most use of snares and such to compensate for no pet so I don't think adding a pet to MM would be a great idea.

There's many people that want the petless ranger playstyle.

I agree with you 100%.

I agree totally.

If I'd wanted to play a hunter with a gun, I'd have chosen a dwarf instead of a night elf.

It's a damn shame too because you could've done something like dual-wield Rexxar's throwing axes, or a crossbow of the Mok'Nathal, or a weapon of Vol'Jin (being a shadow hunter). I think they honestly ran out of ideas and just came up with a cool, sounding weapon and threw lore onto it. I just don't think it in any way encapsulates what a *beast mastery* specced hunter would represent. I mean it's even called Titanstrike; named after super advanced sentient beings that shaped Azeroth; again getting way away from beasts.
    Good to know I wasn't the only one that was scratching my head about this >_>

Bm = pet is you best friend and you are close to nature = Gets an invented gun made by a titanic watcher

survivalist = traps has a pet but not as tight knitted as an bm hunter, might rely on technology = get a weapon embed by spirits and guardians they have fought with.
    Talonclaw's wielders have fought alongside many guardian animal spirits, also known as Ancients, to defend the world of Azeroth and its wildlife in particular.
    seriously this is as close as an BM can get and as far as a survivalist can get.

Think some brain cells committed sepuku by just trying to understand this >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    I agree totally.

If I'd wanted to play a hunter with a gun, I'd have chosen a dwarf instead of a night elf.
    Heheh, I really wish BM and MM had the option of the gun or bow for their artifact rather than it being exclusive to the spec, but I understand if you do that for hunter, you have to do it for all of the classes.

I'd even suck it up if I could transmog the Sunwell legendary over this evil noise maker.

But as it stands it's either "use the same bow you have the last 2 expansions" or "abandon your pet."

Oh well, same old trusty bow it is, I suppose.

Yeah, I will say that while transmogging will be easy enough to do, I don't get the lore/fantasy aspect of the BM gun thing AT ALL. As others have said, how in the blistering fuck does a hunter who communes with nature and its beasts end up with some high-tech Mimiron marvel of a gun? Meh, perhaps the quest line to get it will cause one of those "ooooohhhh" moments, but at present, I'm confused and disappointed.

In terms of my weapon of choice, I've always been a bow/crossbow hunter, and every gun got transmogged. I dislike EVERYTHING about guns -- the animations, the sounds, the feel ... all of it is utter shite (To me, of course. I realize some hunters love their guns as much as I hate them, which is cool

The solution? Make ALL artifacts for a class capable of being transmogged to other artifacts in that class, under the usual t'mog rules. If we've gone through the quests to actually GET each spec's artifact, then there really shouldn't be an issue with allowing that. That lets hunters have guns OR bows, and no other class is left out of the mix.

Blizz, I beg of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Everyone's just gonna go SV anyways (until they realize how easy they had it as ranged).
    SV no longer exists for me, Hunters now have 2 specs.

Put it perfectly fits in with the new Gnome Hunters

As soon as I saw the gnome announcement, I tweeted to them: "Well, a GNOME engineer BM hunter with Mimiron's gun and mech pets makes a whole hell of a lot more sense!!"

Naturally, that doesn't address the issue of gun v. bow for those who don't like gnomes or that particular form of the class fantasy.