Small new feature but so worth it

They just mentioned on stream how the max view distance has been increased 3x of the old distance... huge improvement imO!!!

My system is strong and should handle it easily. I'm looking forward to looking at the old world with new eyes.

Deleted
    /console cameradistancemaxfactor 5

this shit exists at least since TBC and they sell this as new feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post

That controls how far you can zoom out with your mouse scroll, not the render distance.

pleae get your facts right before you post, you just made yourself look silly because you are blinded with hate.
    Be feared, or be fuel

That's scroll-out distance. That's not how far you can view, in game. That also doesn't control how far away objects will draw, or textures will render. It doesn't control fog distance. This is a new engine-feature.

Deleted
    You are all correct and im sorry. I answered to the OP but I wasnt watching the stream (no VT) so in my defence the "max view distance" was misleading.
    I have seen the video of the panel in youtube and I know I was wrong!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they improve the actual graphical rendering so even the layman sees an increase in their render distance.

Otherwise this announcement is something only the 1% (of computer users) can use.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The only issue I have with this is that it will lead to more exploiting of uninstanced-instances and extra room in instances. Look at Everbloom now, they had to render quite a large extra map just to put in part of SW. Now with 3 times the distance render (if I'm following it right) they would need to increase the instanced Westfall, Elwyn, etc. That or they'll need to make the instances pure boxes with no external views, otherwise they're wasting a lot of time/scale in dungeons for aesthetics..

I play with my vision set on medium or lower most of the time. WoW is really bad about getting "jittery" or "jerky" if I'm flying at 420 speed on my Blazing Drake and going from zone to zone.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate it. I like that Blizzard looks into things like this.

I just want native Linux support one can dream tho. This is good tho
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD