Thread: [TV] Riverdale

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Riverdale

Looks like CW is trying to revive Archie http://tvline.com/2015/11/05/archie-...st-characters/

One of the few times where I can honestly say, "I think I'd rather watch the Josie & the Pussycats" movie.

I fear this will basically be Twilight without the vampires/werewolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    One of the few times where I can honestly say, "I think I'd rather watch the Josie & the Pussycats" movie.

I fear this will basically be Twilight without the vampires/werewolves.
    Its funny you mention that, because I recently found out they have a series called Archie Afterlife https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife_with_Archie

from what it says, its zombie apocalypse Archie.

side note: I didn't even think they still made Archie comics

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first episode,

Never read any of the comics so i was expecting it being something like Smallville, it was pretty much Twilight with no vampires and with Archie being an orange Adonis thrown in on top...

i thought there was going to be something supernatural or super powers involved with this. it just seems like a teen drama-thriller
    -- chug those hormones along.

i guess this is one for the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i thought there was going to be something supernatural or super powers involved with this. it just seems like a teen drama-thriller
    -- chug those hormones along.

i guess this is one for the ladies.
    there is. sabrina is going to show up in the season finale.

i just got caught up. easily the best show on cw.

twin peaks for teens man. show is super weird and i super love that just wish jughead had more screentime to eat hamburgers

- - - Updated - - -

and with this becoming the archieverse with mutliple shows.

aw yeah boi. bring on dat sabrina the teenage witch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Never made the connection to Archie but I've been super salty they've stopped with the next episode preview during the Supernatural credits (I guess you can find it online but ain't nobody got time for that) to push this show. Might have to table my ire because I like Archie.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

after getting pissed off at episode 3, i finally watched episode 4 and i'm all excited about the show again. Glad Ms Grundy is gone , and beautifully written. Yes I have a soft side - and at least this is a show that can actually show male emotional pain well - rather than over dramatizing it or glossing over it. they show just enough... it's better than i thought.

i just hope it doesn't get too soap opera-ish, looking at you Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie

Hopefully they have some plan for Archie. His dilemma of being so awesome at everything that it's too hard for him to choose what to be best at is annoying. And he doesn't really fit in with the other characters right now, he's off in his own stories. I like everybody else though.

who do you guys want to play sabrina the teenage witch?

ima have to go with current favorite kiernan shipka

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Man, this show is so awful... but I can't stop watching it, and that angers me.

FFS, do something about Archie's eyebrows at least.

who has best butt? veronica or blossom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Veronica just annoys me to high heaven...seirously who goes to high school wearing diamonds :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Veronica just annoys me to high heaven...seirously who goes to high school wearing diamonds :S
    A lodge does, obviously. #VeronicaBestGirl

It certainly has moving moments, and it's got an exciting enough air of mystery and thrill to it in a classic teen drama sense... it isn't overly cheesy or cliched - while having a fair bit of both it spins its own web.

I would say its good, just because it actually has me desiring to see new episodes. The tone certainly changed, far less of Archie at the centre stage, and it's become almost gossip girl like with the grils spearheading and the boys as sidekicks, which you never felt in the earlier episodes when Archie was centrestage.

It certainly has moving moments, and it's got an exciting enough air of mystery and thrill to it in a classic teen drama sense... it isn't overly cheesy or cliched - while having a fair bit of both it spins its own web.

I would say its good, just because it actually has me desiring to see new episodes. The tone certainly changed, far less of Archie at the centre stage, and it's become almost gossip girl like with the grils spearheading and the boys as sidekicks, which you never felt in the earlier episodes when Archie was centrestage.
    ill be honest, while i love the show, about 50% of the reason im watching is because im waiting for sabrina the teenage witch to show up

- - - Updated - - -

im hoping and from the creators comments it seems as though sabrina is going to be pretty damn dark like her current comics. theyve already name dropped greendale a couple times but i dont think theyve cast sabrina yet but her spin off should be coming soon and shes supposed to have a cameo before the season finale so im just waiting patiently for some fucked up magic shit to happen

- - - Updated - - -

even a mediocre adaption of her current run will be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ill be honest, while i love the show, about 50% of the reason im watching is because im waiting for sabrina the teenage witch to show up

- - - Updated - - -

im hoping and from the creators comments it seems as though sabrina is going to be pretty damn dark like her current comics. theyve already name dropped greendale a couple times but i dont think theyve cast sabrina yet but her spin off should be coming soon and shes supposed to have a cameo before the season finale so im just waiting patiently for some fucked up magic shit to happen

- - - Updated - - -

even a mediocre adaption of her current run will be amazing

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...na_issue_2.jpg
    well, if not for your comment about it a few weeks ago, i would never have even thought that magic played any part in this. The show looks like a proper teen drama/mystery , nothing fantasy or sci-fi about it.. not even a hint.

The show does shift gear pretty rapidly, they got rid of the teacher and the drama that could have dragged on about archie and her didn't. And hten it shifted from him.

I just don't see magic playing a part of it, and I only started watching it because of this forum post about it - and the comment that it was based on a comic book serries ARchie and I assumed comic book meant some sort of sci-fi/fantasy like super hero stuff - i had never heard of Archie and i doubt it was before my time (90s kid here). although where iw as living wasn't exactly up on current times, and was probably about a decade behind modern stuff - if you've ever been to Ireland you'd know what i mean, 80s nights are the biggest things over there.

Still, not a hint yet, i thought episode 12 was the finale and was about to come on here asking you about your Sabrina comment, but i checked, we have 1 more episode, so it might happen. Still i reman very sceptical that this would turn into a magic series, as much as i like that stuff, it doens't seem to be part of this set up at alll and it would be weird to take the show in that direction.. maybe not weird, but a very drastic change

well, if not for your comment about it a few weeks ago, i would never have even thought that magic played any part in this. The show looks like a proper teen drama/mystery , nothing fantasy or sci-fi about it.. not even a hint.

The show does shift gear pretty rapidly, they got rid of the teacher and the drama that could have dragged on about archie and her didn't. And hten it shifted from him.

I just don't see magic playing a part of it, and I only started watching it because of this forum post about it - and the comment that it was based on a comic book serries ARchie and I assumed comic book meant some sort of sci-fi/fantasy like super hero stuff - i had never heard of Archie and i doubt it was before my time (90s kid here). although where iw as living wasn't exactly up on current times, and was probably about a decade behind modern stuff - if you've ever been to Ireland you'd know what i mean, 80s nights are the biggest things over there.

Still, not a hint yet, i thought episode 12 was the finale and was about to come on here asking you about your Sabrina comment, but i checked, we have 1 more episode, so it might happen. Still i reman very sceptical that this would turn into a magic series, as much as i like that stuff, it doens't seem to be part of this set up at alll and it would be weird to take the show in that direction.. maybe not weird, but a very drastic change
    The magic stuff won't be super prevalent on Archie and will pretty much be kept for crossovers and stuff. I'm really hoping they make an afterlife with Archie spin off series or atleast a like one off Halloween special or something.

One time in the comics Sabrina changed everyone in Riverdale genders and no one noticed that be a cool idea for a one off.. but 90% of the time Archie stuff is normal it's just for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    The magic stuff won't be super prevalent on Archie and will pretty much be kept for crossovers and stuff. I'm really hoping they make an afterlife with Archie spin off series or atleast a like one off Halloween special or something.

One time in the comics Sabrina changed everyone in Riverdale genders and no one noticed that be a cool idea for a one off.. but 90% of the time Archie stuff is normal it's just for special occasions.
    would be very interesting to do you know, I don't think it has been done. Usually the whole world is either completely fantasy or completely real. I like the netflix Marvel shows because the world of Luke CAge, Daredevel, Ironfirst and JEssica Jones feels a lot more real and down to earth than that we see in Agents of Shield or the Marvel movies. And they achieve while still having super heroes and abilities. I should say that this even enhances the super hero as something truly special and rare, rather than common like in the other shows, and it also shifts the emphasis from powers to characters. Even when the characters are messed up like JJ.

With Riverdale this makes it quite interesting.. it's the real world, but there is something more than the ordinary to it, and it sometimes touches our experience in very pronounced ways

Okay, season finale and no Sabrina -- where'd you get the news from anyway? I was highly sceptical they'd introduce the supernatural anyway.

Towards the end is it me or does it seem that Archie's getting a boner for Betty ? So teeny. Gosh ! Feels like a lifetime ago, but that was me a few years ago. so classic. You secretly really like x, but it's y that's made a move on you. you have a complicated history with x who wanted to be with you but your head was in forbidden love elsewhere and couldn't see it.

However once all that ended, and you had some alone time, you began to notice that its really been x all along, but you got the y thing, and x wants friend zone, so you tell yourself this is how it is, and try to move on with y.

Tell you what, you never stop having feelings for x , and if y is smart enough, they'll figure it out and get out of the way.