15+ Year Old Account

Patch 2.4...what about a "merge" option to go along with the new season rebirth?

I love the new rebirth, but I've worked hard on all my toons and now I have like 5 monks. I couldn't pick any particular one to be my main monk and once I do and just rebirth it every season, the others will just sit there and rot. Feels like such a waste. So what about an option to be able to merge all my monks (or whatever multiple characters of the same class) so that I just have one (or maybe you can choose which ones to merge if you still prefer to have more than one of a class)? It'll merge all the items, paragon points, and achievements I've earned.
    Live Streaming TBC Classic - Narikaah/Naarikah Resto Shaman and Resto Druid POV - https://www.twitch.tv/lorelya2

Logs -
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/59848781# - RESTO SHAMAN main
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...98#bybracket=1 - RESTO DRUID alt

Paragon points, achievements and items are account bound/shared, but divided into non season and season. There are no point in having more than 2 of each classes. Just delete the ones you don't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leest View Post
    Paragon points, achievements and items are account bound/shared, but divided into non season and season. There are no point in having more than 2 of each classes. Just delete the ones you don't play.
    Though make sure you put the gear you want to keep in your stash before deleting chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yeah, agree! Would be lovely to merge the progression from all my monks to one and then rebirth that one, that way my total kills, time played and other "cosmetic" records would stay. Would also mean you'd loose everything if you die in HC
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    But what would you gain from this?
    Those 4 or 5 monks already share everything except for the pants on their butts. There is absolutely no reason to have more than 1 non seasonal and more than 1 seasonal monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Those 4 or 5 monks already share everything except for the pants on their butts. There is absolutely no reason to have more than 1 non seasonal and more than 1 seasonal monk.
    Do they? If you die in HC you see playtime with that character. If you have loads of the same class It would be nice to merge playtime etc into one massive char!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Do they? If you die in HC you see playtime with that character. If you have loads of the same class It would be nice to merge playtime etc into one massive char!
    HC is again different, but okay. Other than playtime everything is the same so it was pretty pointless to create them in the first place but whatever tickles your fancy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Oh trust me, there is....

unless you like wasting time changing skills. equipment, gems and inventory space. Just to realize that you missed something as you enter a high-lvl GR. Not to mention that you are always scared of salvaging the wrong item when your brain goes "afk".

Changing from Hota to Rend to a WW build is annoying. Especially if you consider that you have a more defensive and a more offensive set around somewhere.
    Switching from Support Monk to 7-sided to Spender too.

2+ Characters of the same class each Season is a must, so are 2+ for non-Season later if you decide to actually *play* non-season (which I never do).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-13 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    I decided this morning that I needed more than one monk, after I entered a grift without changing my cube settings. Also, I may need more than one Wizard in 2.4 so I can have one firebird for the dungeon and one Delrasha for grifting.

It would save a lot of bank space not having to keep all that set gear lying around.

Deleted
    The whole rebirth thing is somewhat pointless. It's a quality of life change, of course, but all it is, basically, is a "delete character + create new character" -function.

It's still a throwaway system. Everything you do in the season, as far as the actual characters go, is still pointless, and ephemeral, and the biggest problem with this is that once the season end is approaching, there's not much reason to keep playing, unless you're fighting to get the journey achievements, one of which is still pretty much impossible solo anyway.

I would so love them if they figured out a way to make your time spent on a character somehow permanent. Add some cosmetic stuff, for example. Make a "family tree" -system, or something.

What kept me grinding Diablo 2 for thousands upon thousands of hours was the permanence of the characters. I never ran ladders back then, namely because GERBarb and RUSSBarb were just insane people.

Running leaderboards now is just as useless solo. But, I've been playing seasons because my few friends play seasons, because there are season-exclusives, and now because there are season achievements. I'm just not one for the throwaway character economy of the season system.

Deleted
    It's still a throwaway system. Everything you do in the season, as far as the actual characters go, is still pointless, and ephemeral, and the biggest problem with this is that once the season end is approaching, there's not much reason to keep playing, unless you're fighting to get the journey achievements, one of which is still pretty much impossible solo anyway.

I would so love them if they figured out a way to make your time spent on a character somehow permanent. Add some cosmetic stuff, for example. Make a "family tree" -system, or something.
    Pa...ragon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Pa...ragon?
    When you play seasonal characters, which is exactly what Blizzard wants us to do, your nonseasonal characters, as well as your nonseasonal paragon level, are completely and utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you've got paragon 27000 outside of seasons. It's irrelevant. The characters, and all their loot also fall into the nonseasonal pool, but they might as well be deleted when seasons are all we're supposed to play.

And yes, I know there are two or three people out there who play their nonseasonal characters every now and then, but I'm not talking about those handful, nor the nonseasonal characters to begin with. I'm talking about going from season to season, which is exactly what this "rebirth" system is all about.

Back in D2, I didn't play ladders and ladder characters. It was fun to build the permanent, old characters, raise them to 99, and upgrade their gear bit by bit, over the years. In D3, though, with season exclusives and seasonal achievements and all that we're clearly pushed into seasons, and personally, my friends and clanmates play seasonal, so with the exclusives and achievements and the few friends I have playing D3 playing seasons, I'm obviously being pushed into seasons as well.

And so, all my nonseasonal characters and gear are useless, and might as well be deleted. This "rebirth" system is nothing but a "delete character, create character" -in one button.

I'd much rather see a system where you can honestly continue your journey from season to season, instead of having throwaway gear and throwaway characters. The sky's the limit with the different kinds of systems they could come up with. Systems that wouldn't affect the leaderboards (which are a complete joke thanks to paragon levels and the gap between solo and multi to begin with), and systems that would make it seem as if though what you did during the past five months didn't just get thrown away with the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    -snip-
    I agree with your points. Though the game has been designed in this way because people nowadays jump here and there after a very short time, so making that you don't lose much or actually anything because you don't play is what makes people getting back to D3 after the season ended and a new one starts.

Expendable characters are the way to say "plauy when you want without worrying of missing something".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    When you play seasonal characters, which is exactly what Blizzard wants us to do, your nonseasonal characters, as well as your nonseasonal paragon level, are completely and utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you've got paragon 27000 outside of seasons. It's irrelevant. The characters, and all their loot also fall into the nonseasonal pool, but they might as well be deleted when seasons are all we're supposed to play.
    I've never thought of it like that. But you're right. It's kind of depressing to think about heh.

Deleted
    I agree with your points. Though the game has been designed in this way because people nowadays jump here and there after a very short time, so making that you don't lose much or actually anything because you don't play is what makes people getting back to D3 after the season ended and a new one starts.
    Exactly... a fresh restart is what people want.
    There is absolutely no reason to take something with you from season to season, because that's totally against what seasons are trying to do.

A clean wipe, with the same starting point for everyone.
    I'd much rather see a system where you can honestly continue your journey from season to season, instead of having throwaway gear and throwaway characters. The sky's the limit with the different kinds of systems they could come up with. Systems that wouldn't affect the leaderboards (which are a complete joke thanks to paragon levels and the gap between solo and multi to begin with), and systems that would make it seem as if though what you did during the past five months didn't just get thrown away with the garbage.
    I urge you to come up with a system that doesn't give you an advantage just because you played (longer than someone else) last season.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-27 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Exactly... a fresh restart is what people want.
    Not all people, and I'd be willing to debate it's not even most people. Most people just play the game the way it's developed, despite, not because of it being what it is.

There is absolutely no reason to take something with you from season to season
    There absolutely is, but I know you're thinking about paragon levels and gear right now, or inside the box so to speak, so I don't think you quite understand what I was trying to get at.

I urge you to come up with a system that doesn't give you an advantage just because you played (longer than someone else) last season.
    I don't work for Blizzard, nor am I developer of this game, so I'm not expected to come up with anything. However, I've posted some suggestions in some threads somewhere earlier. Might be on this forum, might be on the official ones.

Deleted
    Not all people, and I'd be willing to debate it's not even most people. Most people just play the game the way it's developed, despite, not because of it being what it is.
    We'll see, patch 2.4 won't have any exclusive items and only ugly transmog stuff.
    See you non-season then... or most likely not, because noone (or rather, no more or less than before) will play that.

I don't work for Blizzard, nor am I developer of this game, so I'm not expected to come up with anything. However, I've posted some suggestions in some threads somewhere earlier. Might be on this forum, might be on the official ones.
    That's lame, either write it down here or stop pretending it's easy to come up with something which most people like.
    I prefer the way it is right now. Whatever you come up with, I bet it's about having an edge over someone else.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-30 at 05:19 PM.