Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Have you ever disliked your personality?

Simple question, have you ever questioned your personality, and if so, why?

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm too shy. ._.

Lot's of times, I guard against certain kinds of behavior. Not every likes to joke around and so I don't joke around with certain people. It's like you have to parent your childlike brain at some times.

Yes, I'd give up all my introvert ways if I could.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Not really. There's traits i wouldn't mind downtoned, but overall i'm happy with myself
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be worried I was too much of a Dick. Now I just embrace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because a large chunk of who I am has a lot to do with what has happened to me, I consider myself fortunate. Which in general is pretty much the sense I have towards the world.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yep...I am too shy to take initiatives really. Also someone could take some of my empathy towards others away :/ It's like skybeings playing a bad joke on me, because if I had my way with it, it would be very harmful for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I'm way too anxious. I can barely meet people without feeling like I might have a heart attack on the spot. Because most jobs require a lot of social interaction face-to-face, it has made job hunting and job keeping a nightmare. Actually that doesn't sound like a personality problem, that sounds like I might have an anxiety disorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes my confidence crosses the border into arrogance.

Generally I'm extremely patient, but very occasionally I'm the exact opposite and say something that I immediately regret. Fortunately I'm not too proud to apologise when I have gone too far and if I apologise then it's genuine (that doesn't include the apology from politeness that British people do automatically, such as when someone steps on your foot and you say sorry to them).

I'm also quite pushy, which is fine if the other person has the strength of character to push back or take it, but can overpower/intimidate people who are timid - this is extremely useful in business, but it has destroyed relationships as I need a girlfriend who can tell me to go fuck myself when I push too far. My partner has to be my equal, not my doormat.

Other than that I'm perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Sometimes my confidence crosses the border into arrogance.
    Other than that I'm perfect.
    I love it.

i loathe my personality.
    if i saw my personality IRL i would punch it in the face.

Deleted
    sometimes I find myself thinking 'damn that really was a dickmove dude'

but then I realize the person probably deserved it so whatever
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-11-07 at 10:56 AM.

I used to wish I was white and outgoing in junior high and high school, but I've come to accept everything from my race to my personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am much to shy and I can barely speak in front of (a group of) other people. And I'm getting tired of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Simple question, have you ever questioned your personality, and if so, why?
    yes, I tried to change it but honestly I cannot. I'm the honest person that speaks his mind, fucking trust me its got me in trouble 1000 fucking times and I try to stop but damnit its me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anntheman View Post
    I used to wish I was white and outgoing in junior high and high school, but I've come to accept everything from my race to my personality.
    what race? truthfully i always wanted to be whiter, not white. im so dark... i doubt most people would want to be pasty white or super black, somewhere in between looks the best to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Often wish I was a nicer person. My inner voice and conscience is a combination of Cartman, Prince Gallywix and Scrooge McDuck.
    I agree with this, you certainly do have a fake cartoonish (is this even a word?) theme going on.

Deleted
    Dislike is a little strong (and maybe implies an inability to do something about it), but I am aware of flaws in my personality that I'd like to change. I tend to put other people's feeling ahead of my own to a level where it is to my detriment and they have no idea that I'm doing it, so nobody is winning. Certainly not me. It's something of a self-loathing/masochistic/messiah complex that I need to get rid of. A certain level of selfishness or at least self-love is important.

No. Of course, not.

I have been frustrated others insist on aspects I find distasteful, foolish or unnecessary. People are generally too "feely" in my view.

I'm a judgmental control freak in real life. It's caused some damage, but also brought me where I am. So whatever, lead, follow, or get out of my way.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    I'm not flawless and neither is my personality, so I do dislike it to a degree.

I'm judgemental. Also a perfectionist, which can make some things unnecessarily annoying. And a sore loser.
    Last edited by Exception; 2015-11-07 at 01:54 PM.