Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Social Tools?

Like the Facebook integration?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Reading the results of day 1 is incredibly depressing. The #1 issue with WoW right now is that it is tailored for introverts. The social tools are incredibly weak.
    What social tools were you expecting? Admittedly I found the LFG (Looking For Guild) to be terrible. I have not checked it recently so do not know how it fairs now but looking for a guild was a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There is nothing that entices me to return to WoW. I like social games, where you have a community. That was WoW at one time but its gone and they don't seem to understand why they must fix that.
    Blaming Blizzard seems to be the hot topic. It is up to you and the community to make WoW a good social experience. If people do not want to talk to you in a random whisper, it is not being anti-social or Blizzard faults. I socialize with people I meet regularly, not some random strangers. Real life and in game.

Personally, my guild is still active and the guild chat can be active now and then. Just because you do not see it in the general chat does not imply it is not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What social tools were you expecting?
    They actually spoke briefly about something that I think might be a significant improvement and that's being able to belong to multiple guilds. That might encourage someone to be in a raiding guild and a social or PVP guild (or any kind of guild really). The fact that they even brought that specific thing up at Blizzcon might be a clue that it's on their plate.

It's not the whole solution by any means but it would be a decent start.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez. Join Openraid and stop complaining because honestly, they offer everything you want: a solid raiding/achievement oriented community with vetted raid leaders and a system that helps you eliminate trolls from your runs.

WoW's social tools will NEVER be what we all want, because they will err on the side of protecting their customers, where as a non-Blizzard community like Openraid CAN offer a ratings and feedback system to help you understand how people play on a raid team.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course there's no social tools, let alone improvements, for WoW. Blizzard has -no- idea what made their game successful to begin with, and each expansion shows them systematically destroying it. Did you really think the trend was going to diminish, let alone reverse itself?

MMOs are cooperative, not competitive. And even that basic concept is beyond Blizzard's (and most of the playerbase's, as seen in this thread alone) comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They actually spoke briefly about something that I think might be a significant improvement and that's being able to belong to multiple guilds. That might encourage someone to be in a raiding guild and a social or PVP guild (or any kind of guild really). The fact that they even brought that specific thing up at Blizzcon might be a clue that it's on their plate.

It's not the whole solution by any means but it would be a decent start.
    That would be an interesting development. I do see the benefits of being in multiple guilds since there are members in my guild who also in other guilds and raids with both.

I personally think they should look at the LFG (Guild) and improve if they have not already done so. I found the original LFG to be utterly useless.

It is tailored for introverts because they play the game. Adding chat features won't change them. Introverts wouldn't play if they were out and social.

Deleted
    They need to implement Twitter and FB extensions, all social imgame stuff would be fixed instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Of course there's no social tools, let alone improvements, for WoW. Blizzard has -no- idea what made their game successful to begin with, and each expansion shows them systematically destroying it. Did you really think the trend was going to diminish, let alone reverse itself?

MMOs are cooperative, not competitive. And even that basic concept is beyond Blizzard's (and most of the playerbase's, as seen in this thread alone) comprehension.
    The only correct answer is the players themselves being social, saying hi, joining groups and breaking the ice.. it isn't Blizzards fault or problem that the players refuse to be cooperative.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear