Thread: Who am I?

Who am I?

Well, its a shame nobody will ask this question.
    Who am I in WoW? Am I an adventurer or a Hero? If Im a Hero and I wield Ashbringer, why does my Ret pal friend also have Ashbringer? He is a Hero or am I A Hero? Why all of my friends in wow are class leaders? I have 2 druid friends, so who is the leader?

It kills the immersion. It's dumb. Whats next, all players will be kings and warchiefs of their faction?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Whats next, all players will be kings and warchiefs of their faction?
    Commander, I got the recent threats sketched out on the table for ya whenever you be ready.

Basically - Blizzard listened to us whining for years and years that NPC's were always the center of every expac and we never got the killing blow.
    So they changed things and now we're the main attraction. It's pretty much our fault.

Deleted
    The players have always been a bit of an oddity, of course. How many times does Yowler need to die? But with character-specific phasing, from the advance into Icecrown, through Deepholm, to Jade Forest, to Garrisons - it has gotten ever more pronounced.

Far be it from me to tell Blizzard what to do with their game, but I wonder if they realized the effects this character-focus, almost sort of a pseudo-singleplayer RPG narrative, would have on people's expectations for ever more 'story content'.

We should be a part of something . Maybe veterans. Best soldiers like in wotlk (think of ToC)

In all of my time back in WoW in WoD... I have encountered one (1) single ret pally. One...

Most people who play pally get suckered into tanking or healing. So there will not be very many ashbringers kicking around.

If you go around looking for Ashrbingers...yeah.. of course you'll find them... but seriously... this whole "WHY DOES EVERYBODY HAVE ASHBRINGER" thing needs to diaf.

I'm going to guess that given how few ret pallies I've seen recently... That you don't have a ret pally friend. That you are just kind of making up this scenario... Don't worry my special snowflake, there will not be a raid full of ashbringers. If there was, then that raid leader should be fired for not giving a crap about raid comp.

Deleted
    In lore you are the best of your class/the hero/the commander. The other players don't exist in your story.

feelsbadmon, but I never see things that way when I play wow. It's your own fantasy, and blizzard doesn't support that.

Maybe they'll add a UI option to make other ret pallies Ashbringer to appear as a Reforged Truesilver Champion, even upon inspection.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU are the great hero. The Wielder of Artifacts, The Defeater of Enemies, The Bane of Sargeras. EVERYONE ELSE is a mere construct of your heroic imagination.

In the game world only YOU exist. Think of other players as memories of your past accomplishments.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2015-11-07 at 05:39 PM.

WoW has been going anyway from immersion and RPG elements since TBC. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    In lore you are the best of your class/the hero/the commander. The other players don't exist in your story.
    Which is an incredibly dumb premise in an MMO if you think about it.