Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    A lot of feminists are actually egalitarians but for whatever reason don't want to call themselves as such. Maybe they think the name of the movement carries more weight or something, I don't know. I'd argue the opposite especially with the rise of the crazies.

And then of course there are feminists who claim they support these causes but actually don't give a shit and just use it to make themselves look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    A lot of feminists are actually egalitarians but for whatever reason don't want to call themselves as such. Maybe they think the name of the movement carries more weight or something, I don't know. I'd argue the opposite especially with the rise of the crazies.
    The small population of crazies do not get much attention in the general population. Now on the internet, that is a different story. Feminism is a brand that gets sold much easier than egalitarian, so people stick with feminist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So essentially, a bachelor tax?

I wish they would try to implement child support 2.0.

It would essentially be penalizing guys that might not only choose to be single, but other men who want to cohabitate but either hasn't found a suitable mate or cannot get one.
    So preemptive/compensatory child support? You pay in case you ever do have kids or in case some other guy doesn't pay for his?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So, somewhere along the line there was a straight man who actually didn't like an easy woman? Are you high?

Or try something useful.
    Just conveying what the response to that is in terms of patriarchy theory. It also goes something like "men warp society due to being in control, so women are influenced by it and perpetuate patriarchy", or something along that line.

Which social theory(s) is more useful than learning and conflict in your eyes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Just conveying what the response to that is in terms of patriarchy theory. It also goes something like "men warp society due to being in control, so women are influenced by it and perpetuate patriarchy", or something along that line.
    Ah.

Which social theory(s) is more useful than learning and conflict in your eyes?
    I was saying that there's nothing useful about "social theories". If you want to study/learn about something, try for something that's actually productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I surely had no part it in. I've always been a slut supporter.
    i agree blood elf sluts are hot.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i agree blood elf sluts are hot.
    Draenei are sexier. Curves win out over sticks every. single. time.

I was saying that there's nothing useful about "social theories". If you want to study/learn about something, try for something that's actually productive.
    Oh I gotcha. I generally see it as fun, as well as learning why people do things in a society is interesting to me. Not to mention when addressing how to reduce a negative activity, it is good to have an idea of the causes of it.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2015-11-07 at 10:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I gotcha. I generally see it as fun, as well as learning why people do things in a society is interesting to me.
    I mean it's fine as a "hobby" or interest or whatever. But "feels" are inherently illogical and unproductive. /shrug

I mean it's fine as a "hobby" or interest or whatever. But "feels" are inherently illogical and unproductive. /shrug
    Social theories are not just about feelings, but what causes something like an increase in violence in an area over a certain time period that isn't at war. Understanding the underlying causes of these types of things can help offset what is going on. Since society is well, run by society, learning how society functions helps understand why something happens, as well as how to alter something that is viewed as bad on a large scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei are sexier. Curves win out over sticks every. single. time.
    your on my "not friends" list now. draenei sympathizer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Social theories are not just about feelings, but what causes something like an increase in violence in an area over a certain time period that isn't at war. Understanding the underlying causes of these types of things can help offset what is going on. Since society is well, run by society, learning how society functions helps understand why something happens, as well as how to alter something that is viewed as bad on a large scale.
    Gang/youth violence is caused by low-riding pants cutting off circulation to the upper body. See? Much more fun.

your on my "not friends" list now. draenei sympathizer.
    That's cool. I added you to mine when you linked a video that didn't show off your moobs.

Gang/youth violence is caused by low-riding pants cutting off circulation to the upper body. See? Much more fun.
    But about as useful as patriarchy theory being applied to the same situation.

10+ Year Old Account

That's cool. I added you to mine when you linked a video that didn't show off your moobs.
    if you looked at a picture of me you would realize how dumb you just made yourself look.

7+ Year Old Account
    But about as useful as patriarchy theory being applied to the same situation.
    Right, but humor's fun. "My daddy's a drunk and mommy has to blow old guys for meth money" is boring and trite.

if you looked at a picture of me you would realize how dumb you just made yourself look.
    Ignorance is not synonymous with dumb. Are you implying that the "m" should be a "b"?
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-07 at 10:16 PM.

Right, but humor's fun. "My daddy's a drunk and mommy has to blow old guys for meth money" is boring and trite.
    I thought we were talking about usefulness here!

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were talking about usefulness here!
    We are. Humor is more useful than "social science".