Poll: Excitment level

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

optimistic, but cautious

Everything about Legion sounds super cool... I want to play it now, I love every new feature they announced. Super hyped!

but
    there is still the big question.... what to do the next 8 months with our raiding guild? 8 more months the same raid? Really?
    If they find a good answer for that (maybe a small raid like Zul Aman) I would be 100% happy. I hope they adresse this problem.
    2 Raid tiers is just not enough for such a long time.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I hope they deliver once bitten twice shy 3rd time I'm a total mug

Even though all the Legion stuff sounds call, can't get over the feeling that it's gonna be super grindy, don't know why.

Deleted
    Cannot wait!

I might as well preorder, i mean i dont particularly love everything, but it seems theyre really trying to stop cyclical play with much more long term incremental reward processes, and that means, even if they are still on the rng/rehash train, theres going to be an awful lot to do for those first three or four months. I also have a feeling that 7.1 is going to be the mea culpa patch. My feeling is (and its just a feeling) that theyre now designing activities, particularly world and non raid activity to last 2-3 months per patch cycle with slow reward build ups, but meaningful rewards at the end of the path for those who consumed the content. The key will be how they work those challenge modes and the artifact system, (not to mention the adventure style dailys from the class halls or the random events on the world map). Regardless, its so far ahead of 6.0 with all its apexis zones, defunct heroics as soon as LFR drops, and garrisons, that you cant help but feel that even if you arent entirely convinced by the INDIVIDUAL changes to certain features, theres a design philosophy difference at work that should make Legion to a certain degree significantly more value for money compared to its previous 2 predecessors.

I am very exited!
    What I read so far about what is coming, sounds great!
    With Legion, Blizzard is certainly making up for WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    The expansion does look very promising
    Cant wait to test it all in the beta

Quote Originally Posted by JSMaTT View Post
    optimistic, but cautious
    Thats how i felt with WoD, and my optimism was.. shat on.
    I feel there is still no addressing to world content, all i have heard of is pretty much the return of daily hubs.
    live world events with prizes worth farming please, half a dozen world bosses all with mount drops and seperate lockouts please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I feel there is still no addressing to world content, all i have heard of is pretty much the return of daily hubs.
    live world events with prizes worth farming please, half a dozen world bosses all with mount drops and seperate lockouts please.
    They talked a lot about world content

Scaling so the entire zone can be used for endgame rather than a few spots like in Wod and

Dynamic events that can change every hour, Day, week, and can be a range of different activies (World bosses, pvp, Mini games, Proffesions, basic dailys, Ect) that you get rewards from

Dailys now stack like hearthstone or Heroes
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-11-08 at 07:11 AM.

Already purchased Legion and Overwatch. Didn't give either a second thought when the link popped on the stream yesterday

I went from "never playing WoW again" and haven't for the last 6 months to maybe probably picking it up again. I'm really digging the changes on the horizon but I'll never pre-order it

As long as they get the Transmog and Artifact system right and offer something other than raids for end game content, I'm good. Though not doing a year of HFC, going to unsub once I've finished leveling my alts. Blizzard really should do a 6.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of good stuff. Some bad stuff.

Good: Transmog tab, better spec identity, better world content, more smaller raids, etc.

Bad: Keeping the same terrible raid model without addressing the problems it causes, lack of pvp content, still trying to rush expansions.

It's blizzard. They always have good ideas, and they always cling to terrible ones for way too long. They recognize their failures and refuse to act. They're money grubbing and have terrible storytelling. I know what to expect already from them at this point. Whether I resub or not will depend on the beta, not blizzcon hype.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Lots of good stuff. Some bad stuff.

Good: Transmog tab, better spec identity, better world content, more smaller raids, etc.

Bad: Keeping the same terrible raid model without addressing the problems it causes, lack of pvp content, still trying to rush expansions.

It's blizzard. They always have good ideas, and they always cling to terrible ones for way too long. They recognize their failures and refuse to act. They're money grubbing and have terrible storytelling. I know what to expect already from them at this point. Whether I resub or not will depend on the beta, not blizzcon hype.
    I dont really think that's a big deal since we already have lots of battlegrounds and i would rather see them improve the core pvp experience than just making new content

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion looks great - not just the visuals (which are stunning), but in the amount of content and a lot of the game mechanics sound really appealing as well. Very much looking forward to it - will definitely be back for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There will be endgame world questing content that aren't strictly daily quests.

In the past you would go to a zone, do some daily quests for some reason and then never go back.
    In Legion, the goal is to have the best of Warlords and Mists of Pandaria. The freedom to choose which quest you want on a given day, but there is still a purpose and story.
    There will be some structure to the endgame quests, but it should feel less like required content.
    The endgame content can make use of all of the Broken Isles thanks to the scaling.
    Legion will have ongoing world quests that are constantly changing. Varied reasons, gameplay, and rewards.
    Objectives will last from hours to an entire week depending on how important it is.
    The team wants to overwhelm you with variety and choices.
    Rather than choosing what missions to send followers on, you can go on your own missions!
    Some of the objectives are reputation specific.
    Some of the objectives are PvP related, such as assaulting an Alliance tower as Horde.
    World Bosses can be an objective that cycles through.
    Gatherers will have special objectives for them only.
    This can bring back some minigame gameplay, such as the rolling on the wall quest in Vale.
    All of the region will have the same objectives at the same time so that you can play with friends on other servers.
    Emissaries will send you on a quest to do some objectives for their faction. You can pick from the available ones. These aren't daily quests, they will hang around for a couple days.
    Hope this helps?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

After playing every expansion to date, I find it hard to be genuinely excited. There are no major system changes in this one, just more yo-yo'ing with design. I am curious about the new talents, but that's about it.

Take me, Legion!!! My account is ready.