7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Embrace your inner Gandalf

So let me get this straight... we're going to high mountain. We're being flown there by Eagles. I swear to God if we get a gnome/goblin companion and they are carrying a ring, we will have gone completely Tolkien up in this hizzy.

Hunters have a lodge in Highmountain, getting access to special flight path network no one else has.
    Every class will have their own variation of Death Gate to quickly go to their class hall and back. Giant eagle that takes you for hunters.
    Survival Hunter - Melee spec with pet side by side, all of the old abilities are back and awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I could think is that we better be able to eventually get one of them giant eagles as a Class Mount. Make it happen Blizzard. Wish I had some way to request it

7+ Year Old Account
    My hope is that our "portal" animation is us whispering to a moth, it flying away and about 2 seconds later an eagle swoops down and carries us away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    My hope is that our "portal" animation is us whispering to a moth, it flying away and about 2 seconds later an eagle swoops down and carries us away.
    I want this so much!

Radagast original BM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    So let me get this straight... we're going to high mountain. We're being flown there by Eagles. I swear to God if we get a gnome/goblin companion and they are carrying a ring, we will have gone completely Tolkien up in this hizzy.
    For your RP needs you can always summon the little child squire pet from back in the ToC days of Wrath. With his little backpack he is an obvious contender for the part of Sam in your upcoming Hobbit adventure. Not like anyone gives a shit about Frodo anyways.

If we're going for LotR immersion, we should really be looking toward our inner Legolas. Forget rings. Forget eagles. Forget old wizards.

I think it would be pretty hilarious if whenever you had a killing blow on trash mobs in a raid instance, the hunters and the melee would each count their kills in a special say animation like Legolas and Gimli in LotR. Bonus points if they worked in dwarf tossing somehow with a melee companion. It wouldn't have to be a damaging ability. It could be something really annoying / occasionally useful like a priest grip but instead tossing another person a disengage-like distance.

Also, would be awesome if we could climb up bosses and continue to shoot them in the face with arrows like something out of Return of the King. Or God of War. But mostly Return of the King.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    If we're going for LotR immersion, we should really be looking toward our inner Legolas. Forget rings. Forget eagles. Forget old wizards.
    ...Also, would be awesome if we could climb up bosses and continue to shoot them in the face with arrows like something out of Return of the King. Or God of War. But mostly Return of the King.
    That would be a good remake of barrage, but a forward coned attack. Could be with arrow flinging or with spear thrusting too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah screw Gandalf im gonna be Guan Yu.

also sv warrior duel

And least but not last

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Blizzard already hinted that they dont want stick to the legolas theme

Harpoon

5-40 yd range, Instant, 15 sec cooldown
    Hurl a harpoon at your target and pull yourself toward them, rooting them in place for 3 sec.
    no shield glide mentioneed here

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we run around stabbing people with our arrows? This is important information.

"I am a Hunter. I have this amazing bow. I'm not even going to use it. I'm going to murder you with this arrow. By hand."

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Can we run around stabbing people with our arrows? This is important information.

"I am a Hunter. I have this amazing bow. I'm not even going to use it. I'm going to murder you with this arrow. By hand."
    Well, if this is the case, the famous hunter name "Legolas" will be more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post

I don't know why, but this made me laugh out loud for several minutes.