Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

10% damage runes for 1 boss each week

Forget the name of the runes, but something that scribes will be able to make in legion, can only use it for 1 boss each week and lasts the entire week. A couple of guildies were discussing how it could further push a 'split run' type of idea, where 1 toon has the rune for 1st tough boss, another toon has a different rune for another boss. This would be effective until your main is geared enough to do more than the alt with a 10% damage buff, also consider people having a boomy with the 10% rune for a fight where boomkin really shines. With no tier pieces in the 1st raid (most likely, similar to highmaul) this would remain effective for a while I believe. Obviously this is a 1% very hardcore thing to consider but he talked about split clears in general anyway.

Could either make them account bound or disable them in mythic, or just let them do it this way anyway, probably wouldn't get too out of control, some world first guilds might push so many characters to have the buff for every boss for faster prog? Also do you think there will be tank and healer equivalent runes, probably will be. Will be interesting to see how these work out in progression.

The runes are standardized just like the keystones for challenge modes will be. All runes you will create affect the same boss for the entirety of the week, you don't craft 50 runes that possibly affect each boss inside an instance.

So you think there will only be a rune for the end boss of an instance? Or changing weekly maybe. (they showed Xavius as the example I believe)

Xavius is not even the end boss to begin with, it's just a random boss chosen that gets affected by it and the rotation changes weekly. Challenge mode keystone modifiers work exactly the same way, they're fixed for all keystones for the entirety of the week and then randomized for the next week.

Inb4 the DPS check wall of the tier gets the first Rune, next week top guilds have to reprogress the fight because of the increased DPS requirements.

Top Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Inb4 the DPS check wall of the tier gets the first Rune, next week top guilds have to reprogress the fight because of the increased DPS requirements.

Top Kek.
    I totally agree with this. If you only kill a boss because of the rune, you didn't really kill the boss. 10% is way too much.

Either they should make it like 3-5%, or make these not work in mythic difficulty. Of those two options, the latter is much better.

Not to mention logs and rankings, a very popular and fun metagame among raiders, will be even further cheesed with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Xavius is not even the end boss to begin with, it's just a random boss chosen that gets affected by it and the rotation changes weekly
    Where did they say that? They made it seem like you could choose which of the runes to use during a given week so that if you were stuck on boss X your group could pop a rune for that boss to make getting past it easier. If the rune is used in a rotation it becomes rather pointless.

COMPLETELY MADE UP RUNE ROTATION: easy boss, easy boss, medium boss, guild killer, easy boss, easy boss, final boss

The rune would be all of pointless for the majority of the rotation and guilds having difficulty would need to wait till a specific week to get the boost they needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    I totally agree with this. If you only kill a boss because of the rune, you didn't really kill the boss. 10% is way too much.

Either they should make it like 3-5%, or make these not work in mythic difficulty. Of those two options, the latter is much better.

Not to mention logs and rankings, a very popular and fun metagame among raiders, will be even further cheesed with these.
    Does it really matter that something that was cheesed from the get go is going to be more cheesed by these?

No reason to restrict them in mythic content, guilds already exploit and cheese to get the world firsts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a direct quote from the panel.

"We've added a new consumable called the Vantus Rune. This is a way of calling out a particular boss you want to take it to. This is a week long buff, you can only use one per week, it's last for the whole week. And say for example this one does more damage to Xavius, say your guild is having problems getting past heroic Xavius and your guild leader says 'alright guys we are all going to get Vantus runes for Xavius, we are going to do way more damage to him. We are going to get past this brick wall and move onto the next brick wall."

Does not sound like a rotation at all.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2015-11-08 at 03:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xavius is not even the end boss to begin with, it's just a random boss chosen that gets affected by it and the rotation changes weekly. Challenge mode keystone modifiers work exactly the same way, they're fixed for all keystones for the entirety of the week and then randomized for the next week.
    Xavius is the end boss of the Emerald Nightmare.
    And yeah.. the easiest way to use these runes is to keep it for the early DPSs checks and for Bosses that requires a comp you don't have at that time/you're struggling with. Eventually, you'd only want it for the last one.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Deleted
    It will be the same rune for everyone at the same time, everyone competes with the rune. If everyone has the buff, no one has advantage over the others....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Xavius is the end boss of the Emerald Nightmare.
    And yeah.. the easiest way to use these runes is to keep it for the early DPSs checks and for Bosses that requires a comp you don't have at that time/you're struggling with. Eventually, you'd only want it for the last one.
    Xavius is the third boss.
    Straight from the world and content overview panel so nope he's not the last boss since the instance has 7 bosses.

Deleted
    Interesting mechanic but it sounds more frustrating to manage than fun. I predict a removal.

- - - Updated - - -

It can also start flamewars "your kill is not that legit compared to ours, it had the rune on it".

I'll just hope that those runes will never come up on live. It's just a stupid idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Straight from the world and content overview panel so nope he's not the last boss since the instance has 7 bosses.
    They showed us three bosses, and Xavius was the last of them, but it doesn't mean he's the third of the raid.
    He's the lord of the Emerald Nightmare after all. Who are those four bosses left that have even more power?
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

15+ Year Old Account
    These runes will NOT come out to live in this form, way to strong
    If they simply make em not work for Mythic, that could be enough change make em go to live
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    you didn't really kill the boss. 10% is way too much.

That's exactly what I predicted would happen 2 posts above before seeing yours. This is going to be pain if it goes live. It's less fun that a management nightmare to be honest, plus it would create all kinds of "it's not a legit kill" flamewars.

10 vs 25 all over again guys.

10 vs 25 all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    These runes will NOT come out to live in this form, way to strong
    If they simply make em not work for Mythic, that could be enough change make em go to live

I bet it may end up only working in world bosses :>

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's exactly what I predicted would happen 2 posts above before seeing yours. This is going to be pain if it goes live. It's less fun that a management nightmare to be honest, plus it would create all kinds of "it's not a legit kill" flamewars.

10 vs 25 all over again guys.

10 vs 25 all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet it may end up only working in world bosses :>
    Those types of flamewars will always exist in WoW raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Those types of flamewars will always exist in WoW raiding.

We can't get a 20 vs 20 one :>

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Interesting mechanic but it sounds more frustrating to manage than fun. I predict a removal.

- - - Updated - - -

It can also start flamewars "your kill is not that legit compared to ours, it had the rune on it".
    Your kill wasn't legit, you had flasks on said no one ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Your kill wasn't legit, you had flasks on said no one ever.

I'll ignore you said that considering everyone has flasks easily. Those runes would be one for one boss per week. So some guilds would say "we killed without runes, we better!".

Deleted
    I think these runes will go live exactly as they are but with a restriction in the world races. Probably Disabled for a Boss in Mythic until it was killed + 2 weeks. For the Casual raid, what are the majority of the raider, these runes are awesome. You can add a Bosskill every weak to your progress and slowly but steadily get through it. Its basicly a 10% HP Nerf if you want it, which is totally fine. You don't have to use it but the majority probably will.

Mechanics will still kill you, its just for the tight situation where you miss a certain amount and don't want to wait another weak to kill it.

Sure there are guilds with split runs etc. which is a huge burden and these runes might enhance it. But these problem is only for a very small and tiny amount of players. You can't satisfy everyone and Blizzard shoud do things like this for the majority of people and not the few elites.