Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Anyone found any Guardian special interactions? Resto has you grow leaves under your feet if you stay still.
    I want bear cubs nibbling at your feet. SO FREAKING MUCH

That'd be amazing.

Someone suggested on the Discord chat that we should visually grow in size proportionately to our Mastery, which would also be incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    That'd be amazing.

Someone suggested on the Discord chat that we should visually grow in size proportionately to our Mastery, which would also be incredible
    That would be hilarious with the RoRO trinket (from ToT), especially if you've already changed appearance to something big, like the sandstone drake. So no, don't think we'll see that happen.

Coupled with Kiril!

I want this so much

That'd be amazing.

Godzilla-bear kills things just by rolling over them. I'd be okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Godzilla-bear kills things just by rolling over them. I'd be okay with this.
    With Rage of the Sleeper acting as our oneshot mechanic, I'd say it needs to have the Godzilla scream when activated then.

#ClassFantasy

That'd be amazing.

That would be awesome!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

For any of you in alpha, has rage generation been an issue? Looking at tooltips and watching some YouTube has me curious. Does taking damage contribute to more rage than it does in WoD?

Currently in WoD I'm swimming in rage, but it looks almost too slow to even use AM properly from what I've seen of alpha.

alpha rage gen feels fine to me, you can spam maul a lot if you want, and have plenty of rage for ironfur. Gotta also note that frenzied regen is now only 10 rage, maul 20 and ironfur 45, which is lower than in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    alpha rage gen feels fine to me, you can spam maul a lot if you want, and have plenty of rage for ironfur. Gotta also note that frenzied regen is now only 10 rage, maul 20 and ironfur 45, which is lower than in WoD
    Thanks for the detailed info. Is FR much good right now? I know it was reduced to 3sec, but did that help very much in practice? On live I can use FR almost heal myself through heroics--which is admittedly OP--but I'd like to think it's still a valuable tool for when you don't get IF or MU up in time.

Also, has anyone thought of suggesting Swipe change to a frontal cone instead of AoE, just to add some skill through positioning to the spam ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    Thanks for the detailed info. Is FR much good right now? I know it was reduced to 3sec, but did that help very much in practice? On live I can use FR almost heal myself through heroics--which is admittedly OP--but I'd like to think it's still a valuable tool for when you don't get IF or MU up in time.

Also, has anyone thought of suggesting Swipe change to a frontal cone instead of AoE, just to add some skill through positioning to the spam ability?
    No idea on actual alpha gameplay.
    But the swipe idea might be awful to do in practice. Knowing mobs will always spread in a circle around you trying to stab you in the back. And blizzard with their high record of being awesome at coding mob movement. I don't think it'd be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    No idea on actual alpha gameplay.
    But the swipe idea might be awful to do in practice. Knowing mobs will always spread in a circle around you trying to stab you in the back. And blizzard with their high record of being awesome at coding mob movement. I don't think it'd be a good idea.
    Good point. I was just comparing it in theory to tab-Lacerate, which is even less efficient, but still gets the job done. I guess Swipe just makes things feel too faceroll.

I haven't tested FR since it was brought down to 3s duration, but it always healed a good chunk of health, it's your best active mitigation ability and it scales with mastery for more healing and haste reduces it's recharge time. It's a 24s cd on alpha right now.

The fr change seemed to have put it in a good spot. The only real problem left with us mitigation wise is our ridiculous health pool and the fact that rage of the sleeper is way too strong as a cooldown right now.

The healing taken increase (with respect to the healing taken from external sources) is more of a problem than the health pool tbh

That's primarily tuning issues, though. They can't really tackle those until the other tanks are in place so they have something to compare to.

Deleted
    They could go the boring way and make Bears have a passive higher HP than everyone... and the mastery is what it used to be in MoP (Higher armor) plus extra healing taken.

That way you mitigate things physically and it has synergy with ironfur but its not so absurd for magic damage, though the extra healing does help.

Deleted
    Guys I spent a lot of time comparing druids armor to other tanks. Yes druids will surely have around 70%-80% more hp than other tanks late game but their armor will also be quite good but not too high. Things seem balanced atm. Let me show you.

If you take the legendary chest "Ekorwraith creator of worlds-382 armor points" with 895 item level and consider bear form (200% armor + 7% bonus armor from artifact talent you end up getting pretty much 1200 armor in total from this item.

Now lets take a plate chest with the same item level and legendary again : "destiny driver - 754 armor. Even if you add up the additional modifiers and the fact that paladins and warriors can wear a shield druids still have around 5%-8% more armor than all other tanks. Which is really nice! Is there someone here who has a couple of tank classes on the PTR and can make a armor comparison?
    Guardians will have the highest effective health by far and will be least reliant on active mitigation. Their passive mitigation is simply the biggest one by a wide margin and this fits LORE perfectly AS THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY BIG BEARS and MUST NOT BE SQUISHY :P

If you want bears to work with a massive health pool and more healing received, they need to take more damage. Tuning has not happened yet and we will get nerfed and other tanks buffed.

that said, I'm pretty sure paladins and warriors have better passive damage reduction than we do. Not talking about armor but things like defensive stance reducing damage by X%

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    If you want bears to work with a massive health pool and more healing received, they need to take more damage. Tuning has not happened yet and we will get nerfed and other tanks buffed.

that said, I'm pretty sure paladins and warriors have better passive damage reduction than we do. Not talking about armor but things like defensive stance reducing damage by X%
    what do you think they might do? nerf mastery?