Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We were Med'an all along!

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We were Med'an all along!
    That's why he's every race and class!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    This is the ruling council of Dalaran. Nothing to do with fighting the Legion specificaly. It's either Tirisfal or some entirely new organisation that we do not know about, like the Black Harvest, we will have tons of lore about it. Screw Tirisfal. I will be more hyped if it is new organisation. Fresh lore is better than expanding the old one.

Council of Glades confirmed!!!

Deleted
    has to be the Order of Tirisfal

Deleted
    I think they confirmed it to be @ Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    On the front page you can see they stated there is a Mage group that has influenced Azeroth and is fighting the Legion directly. Do you think the class Order could be the Order of Tirisfal? It would make sense since the Kirin Tor are sort of neutral, and the Order of Tirisfal fits the description of a secret order that has shaped history while fighting the Legion.
    Why does the Kirin Tor being neutral have anything to do with them not being the mage group. The Kirin Tor have been influencing Azeroth for a very long time, for example they helped fight in the stronghold of Ulduar for both factions. Also the fact that factions or neutrality have nothing to do with class halls by any means. When first announced it was said that "class halls are a place where high powered members of the class gathered, regardless of faction differences". Also if you take a look at the pre-order page for Legion one of the pictures basically shows you that its going to be in the tower of Dalaran.

Yes u, you've got a point.

I think the Order of Tirisfal is likely, though I doubt we'll actually become a Guardian since that implies being empowered in ways that go beyond even how OP the player character usually is. I think it would be neat to bring it back rather than making up some random new group when there's this existing group in lore to call on that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    This is the ruling council of Dalaran. Nothing to do with fighting the Legion specificaly. It's either Tirisfal or some entirely new organisation that we do not know about, like the Black Harvest, we will have tons of lore about it. Screw Tirisfal. I will be more hyped if it is new organisation. Fresh lore is better than expanding the old one.
    If you go here https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...arcraft-legion and scroll down to "Command the resistance" you see a screen shot of what I would consider the Mage class hall, going by tier sets in use.

In the background you can see a banner in the background with a hand that is on fire. I have never seen this before (someone correct me if its in game or out in the interwebs because I cant find it)

I do recall somewhere over the past blizzcon weekend where one of the devs (probably Alex Afrasiabi) say something about a faction down to 5 members needing our assistance. Seeing this banner in the background and knowing that following the Purge of Dalaran, the Council of Six has been left with only five known members, im starting to think that its the council of 6 reformed to 5 with us being part of it.

With our class hall being in Dalaran it certainly fits.

Deleted
    Council of dalaran isn't a secret group: it's the head of the kirin tor. It's a politique group, not an adventuring one. They're of the Order of Tirisfal in that thzy're the most powerful mage too.

Deleted
    If you go here https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...arcraft-legion and scroll down to "Command the resistance" you see a screen shot of what I would consider the Mage class hall, going by tier sets in use.

In the background you can see a banner in the background with a hand that is on fire. I have never seen this before (someone correct me if its in game or out in the interwebs because I cant find it)

I do recall somewhere over the past blizzcon weekend where one of the devs (probably Alex Afrasiabi) say something about a faction down to 5 members needing our assistance. Seeing this banner in the background and knowing that following the Purge of Dalaran, the Council of Six has been left with only five known members, im starting to think that its the council of 6 reformed to 5 with us being part of it.
    With our class hall being in Dalaran it certainly fits.
    Just 5 magi will be allowed to enter the class hall. Excess mages will have to wait in a queue, as to preserve th exclusivity of the council. That would be our order hall's specialty.

Deleted
    Did the Order of Tirisfal have any real impact recently?

Deleted
    Not really.
    But we will let that happen. Mages for president!!

Deleted
    I don't like secret councils to be honest. Secrecy has major drawbacks in politics. It tends to remain very small (with very few supporters that is) and it's prone to corruption and evil.

It's more like a warlock thing if you ask me having secret orders.

Mage orders should be extrovert.

I don't know, I have always pictured mages, especially Dalaran mages, as a bunch of bickering academics (perhaps inspired by certain forums) which is an atmosphere that makes it hard to get anything done.
    Forming a secret council isn't a bad way of sidestepping inconvenient bureaucracy :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't know, I have always pictured mages, especially Dalaran mages, as a bunch of bickering academics (perhaps inspired by certain forums) which is an atmosphere that makes it hard to get anything done.

that's perfectly true too lol

Deleted
    The idea could be the choose to empowering a weapon instead of choosing a new guardian for political reason. And they do it secretly because of dissention inside Kirin Tor head (council of six): jaina reffusing to work with sunreaver, etc.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out the neutrality only applied to the ally/horde races. Big demon monsters invading tends to suspend such clauses. Like doom, I am not going to make nice nice with the forces of hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two theories. One we become the leader of the kirin tor, which is in part the leader of the Council of Six, or we become part of the council of six.

Theory two, is that we are named the next acting gaurdian by Khadgar or something idk.

Probably neither of those tbh. Maybe the council of tirisfal then. who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Did the Order of Tirisfal have any real impact recently?
    Has it really ever? lol