Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Genn Greymane may be an "Outlaw"

When I hear about the new Outlaw stuff, and the cannonball stuff with short ranged pistol attacks (not 100% confirmed but was in a very accurate leak), it brought to mind this other thing I saw at Blizzcon.

Looks like I'm rolling my Rogue a Worgen. I actually wonder if Outlaw will have a 1h sword but then a Pistol OH graphic that pairs with it? Sort of like how other Artifacts have a cosmetic offhand like a Libram or Shield.

The new Genn Greymane hero from Heroes of the Storm. (Sorry best video I could find)

Last edited by ro9ue; 2015-11-08 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah pretty much what I thought. I kind of like it, it's like Diablo Demon Hunter. I always thought rogues should have some sort of a ranged spec/element to them. I wanted a whole new shadow hunter spec but this works too. Something new after sinister strike for 10 years, seems good if you ask me.

Sword and gun gameplay would be very cool if done right.

Maybe the two swords and a gun attached to the belt which we could use with some attacks (like Shield Wall for non prot warriors)? Haha

To clarify - Outlaw as in the spec theme, not that he's a lore outlaw... I mean he IS the king. lol

Would be cool and definitely give "combat" it's own flavor.

I don't expect them to ever actually add 1handed pistols as equipable weapons and we already know the Outlaw artifact is 2 swords - but if they ever get around to adding in those cosmetic class accessories they could make the Outlaw one a pistol. Since i'm pretty sure it will only be something they pull out and use for certain attacks.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Only in the artifact previews the outlaw nelf is shown dualwielding swords

I was asking for a sword and pistol/hand crossbow version of combat myself but I don't see it happen
    Doesn't mean much to be honest, they specifically said the Fury Warrior picture on the site isn't accurate as they're both actually two handed swords. Who knows, Outlaw may be displaying incorrectly aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Doesn't mean much to be honest, they specifically said the Fury Warrior picture on the site isn't accurate as they're both actually two handed swords. Who knows, Outlaw may be displaying incorrectly aswell.
    They were responding to feedback on them being small and agreed they needed to be scaled up to look like 2handers, not that they were completely wrong.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit sad, that we got Genn Greymane, and not Darius Crowley, yet i hope they will give him a Crowley skin On topic, i dont think he will be the image of "outlaw" in Legion I just think they share a bit of the Cree/pirate look

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we're going to see gun gameplay for Outlaw Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw will have ranged finishers, that's why they tested how it would work with the Archimonde trinket.

We also saw this with Multistrike being tested on trinkets in SoO.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Outlaw will have ranged finishers, that's why they tested how it would work with the Archimonde trinket.

We also saw this with Multistrike being tested on trinkets in SoO.
    they also tested cooldown reduction in SoO and that didn't make it past WoD alpha.

I keep forgetting the fucking trinket can do that though, is the ranged part actually useful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    they also tested cooldown reduction in SoO and that didn't make it past WoD alpha.

I keep forgetting the fucking trinket can do that though, is the ranged part actually useful?
    The trinket is BiS for the dmg boost, but the range increase is really nice for a class that traditionally lacks any sort of ranged attack. It's awesome for soloing older content that would otherwise take ages (Ultraxion trash, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    While the picture itself doesn't mean much, the names do.

They are the Dreadblades, Fate and Fortune. Two swords. The history also makes it very clear that they are two swords and not a sword and pistol.

Shortly after the Cataclysm, Admiral Eliza Goreblade discovered a pair of ornately crafted cutlasses inside a recently unearthed wreck not far from Booty Bay. Though the origins of the blades are unclear, their power was not, as Eliza quickly made her name known pillaging countless ships across the Great Sea, none able to best her in combat. Rumors spread among pirates and sailors about the Dreadblades, the most common ones all agreeing that they are cursed, and that if they should ever stop being fed new victims, they'll claim their owner instead.
    But this doesn't necessarily discount pistol like abilities. I'd imagine it would be a decent CD ranged attack though, not something like a regular use finisher, as it would be really strange to be constantly attacking with a pair of swords and then quickly draw and shoot a pistol and quickly go back to using two swords.

Every outlaw needs a pistol, right? ;)
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Every outlaw needs a pistol, right?
    Well the pistol part could just be an animation that pulls out a gun.
    Not an actual equipped item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except Outlaw dual wields swords. Good luck trying to shoot a pistol while a sword is in that hand...

And how the fuck are these "very accurate leaks" still taken seriously???
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    Except Outlaw dual wields swords. Good luck trying to shoot a pistol while a sword is in that hand...

Gunblade says hi
    Last edited by Scharin; 2015-11-09 at 12:17 AM.

I dont get the idea behind ranged finishers. If outlaws are as they put it toe-to-toe combat specialsts, why do we need ranged finishers?

I would love to have a ranged rogue or semi-ranged outlaw rogue. We allready have throw that we are casting. And deadly throw... Maybe a combination of these things?

If they made throw an instant cast and boosted it dmg so it could be used as a combo builder, then we could use ranged finishers of sorts beside deady throw.

Say if being ranged outlaw was viable and you were dealing 60-70% of what you are dealing as melee, this would be good. You would lose 30% dps when not meleeing, but it wouldnt go to the bottom as it does now once you are not inside boss's ass. This would make rogue playstyle a lot more intresting as you would be abel to concetrate more on boss mechanics and not just about being glued to his ass.

I still do not understand why Hunters can shoot at stuff while moving, but us Rogues, if we want to Throw at something, we have to come to a complete standstill…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    I still do not understand why Hunters can shoot at stuff while moving, but us Rogues, if we want to Throw at something, we have to come to a complete standstill…
    Ever tried to throw something accurately on the move? Why do you think NFL QBs make millions of dollars a year? It's not exactly easy.