Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Calling it now: Outlaw Rogues won't have Stealth.

You can trust me, I got this information from a very reliable source, which is my crystal ball.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, great one OP But to be honest, i do really think they might not have stealth. Stealth and vanish has been a wierd thing about the combat fantasy, since it does not really match the entire swashbuckler/outlaw fantasy. When you are a veteran combatant, it is odd that you in the wild of battle, suddenly vanish away, when you really be the one who is in control of the battle

I hope that they will make combat/outlaw a very strong melee character, with alot less moveablity then the other rogue classes

On the one hand, I find it extremely unlikely they'd remove stealth from one of the rogue classes. They've had stealth since the very beginning, it's class-iconic type stuff and going into an expansion where they want to bring back class uniqueness and whatnot, I don't think there's any danger of that.

On the other hand though, stealth really doesn't matter for combat rogues anyway. The only real uses for stealth these days are to do quests without being bothered by annoying shit and to PVP, both of which you could still do with other rogue specs.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    On the one hand, I find it extremely unlikely they'd remove stealth from one of the rogue classes. They've had stealth since the very beginning, it's class-iconic type stuff and going into an expansion where they want to bring back class uniqueness and whatnot, I don't think there's any danger of that.

On the other hand though, stealth really doesn't matter for combat rogues anyway. The only real uses for stealth these days are to do quests without being bothered by annoying shit and to PVP, both of which you could still do with other rogue specs.
    Yeah, but then you look at Marksman Hunters... Something we could also say was they were never going to remove the pet entirely from the spec using the same logic... And then... bam! Pet is gone.

Deleted
    My wife would get pissed if they removes stealth from combat rogues - its the only class she have been playing for 6 years now AND spec ! And she don't like the new "outlaw" name - she is playing on a RP server.
    But... I understand that they had to make some changes, but if they remove stealth (which I also think happens) I will get a very angry wife, perhaps angry enough to leave wow or start another class.

They did say

"These changes were controversial for the team and we are excited."

When they were talking about the outlaw changes.

Can't imagine them removing it completely. Maybe like a 10 second stealth?

I'm keeping an open mind, regardless of what they do or don't have.

The least played class in the game will require serious changes to compete with (or perhaps more accurately, not be wiped out by) Demon Hunters. I imagine they might try to ride upon Assassin Creed's coattails where possible; pistols/etc.

Deleted
    If they give us more survivability instead I would actually appreciate that, never liked how much steatlh cost us in other regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    If they give us more survivability instead I would actually appreciate that, never liked how much steatlh cost us in other regards.
    I'm betting on more survivability (armor and health or health and high dodge) and a reliable self heal (like warriors).

15+ Year Old Account
    Should outlaw rogues lose stealth, they better be legit evasion tanks to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. It's not like Stealth plays a huge role for Combat right now.

I also heard from my source they are getting a gladiator-style parry based tanking talent.

Just give me a pistol ability, and I'm in.

But yeah, Stealth doesn't make much sense if you're an Outlaw/Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I also heard from my source they are getting a gladiator-style parry based tanking talent.
    Something like this could be cool.

Hook grab: Charge
    A defensive cooldown like this: Tank
    More passive tankiness

Then there would be no need for stealth at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    Just give me a pistol ability, and I'm in.

But yeah, Stealth doesn't make much sense if you're an Outlaw/Pirate.
    Outlaw for me should be like this:

Dual wield swords: Corfirmed via the Artifact
    Melee tankiness: Dodge and health plus defensive cooldowns and selfheal
    Gap closers: The hook thing is confirmed, I don't think Outlaws should have it and shadowstep, specially since it doesnt fit the fantasy anymore.
    Ranged abilities: There could be a "fixed" gun, like warriors take that shield out of nowhere to use shield wall as DPS specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the Hook actually acts like DK grip? It's the only exclusive class ability except Demonic Gateway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    What if the Hook actually acts like DK grip? It's the only exclusive class ability except Demonic Gateway.
    Hooks pull you towards something, not vice versa, so it would act more like life grip
    ill probably be infracted for this post

outlaw will have stealth you can be stealthy pop in combat drink rhum fight trought guards then vanish out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Hooks pull you towards something, not vice versa, so it would act more like life grip
    Someone has apparently never gone fishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Someone has apparently never gone fishing.
    It's a grappling hook if I remember correctyl, so it's supposed to take you where you point it, just link Link's hook in Ocarina of Time.