Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    The problem is not the weapons. It is the whole progress system.
    The problem is not the weapons. It is the players complaining about something that isnt even live yet...

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Has there been ANYTHING saying that we are actually replacing them? If there was, I must have missed it.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

I have Illidan's warglaives in my bank while I wield some Orc's boot knife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    Has there been ANYTHING saying that we are actually replacing them? If there was, I must have missed it.
    IIRC they said Artifacts are a one expansion thing (like Garrisons etc) in one of the panels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Players wanted to carry Ashbringer and Doomhammer for 10 years... so once they get, they will only be able to use it for 2 years tops. Way to go Blizzard!
    Nothing stopping you using them. I still bust out Thunderfury every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i think we should wait and see what blizz does with them, maybe they are destroyed in the final battle, or locked away due to their power, or as one person said at blizzcon, would look setting on your mantel (which totally has me hoping for real player housing soon... ).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm really curious to see how they make us get rid of them. Outside of it getting somehow destroyed I can't see myself just going "You know what, I don't think I need this silly Ashbringer anymore!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    I guess its no different to previous legendary weapons. Don't see people whining about not being able to use their thunderfury anymore. You could always whip them during timewalking events.
    My problem with artifacts is that these unique appearances we earn for our artifacts will go to waste next expansion if we ditch them for other weapons and can't use them for transmog. Each expansion so far has had it's legacy. Even if you couldn't transmog legendaries, there are still plenty of other weapons for transmog from each expansion. Do you get my point? Other than that I love artifacts and Legion in general.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to transmog Ashbringer later on.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrisGaming View Post
    Anyone else think this is kind of BS?

They're giving us things like Doomhammer, and Ashbringer, totally iconic weapons that people like me who played through the original RTS's(well, at least WC2 and WC3...never could get ahold of WC1) KNOW and instantly associate with the classes they're connected too(which seems to be the point) as well as major lore figures.

and then...what? we throw them into our bank for transmog stuff and replace them with some random blue or green we find off a mob in the next expansion?

anyone else think this is just kind of really stupid?

Unless they find something equally iconic and representative of the classes it just makes no sense to me why we'd be given these items only to trash them in a year or two.

Sure, the arguments were made about the same thing with legendaries, but look at the difference...a part from maybe one or two(looking at you, warglaives), you're not getting powerful relics from major lore figures. You're forging your own version of them.

Also, for the record. Death knights totally should have gotten frostmourne as their artifact..they should march up to the frozen throne with an icepick and take it from the bastard if they have too.

So, thoughts and opinions on this? What do you guys think about giving players such powerful, well known and just ICONIC weapons for Legion...and then replacing them later? Should they just scale forever(which, admittedly, WOULD get boring after awhile), should they just not be giving us those weapons? is there a way to make the Artifacts obsolete without ruining the lore?
    I would be VERY surprised if they go back to how it was. It must save them a lot of development time doing it this way. I'd expect the artifact system to stay but with new artifacts and I could so see them doing t for armour too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    I would be VERY surprised if they go back to how it was. It must save them a lot of development time doing it this way. I'd expect the artifact system to stay but with new artifacts and I could so see them doing t for armour too.
    lol? new artifact weapons? like what. all the hidden secrets are uncovered. suddenly there are 36 more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    lol? new artifact weapons? like what. all the hidden secrets are uncovered. suddenly there are 36 more?
    If they can pull most of them out of their ass this time, why not again?

Maybe we go to another planet next expansion and there is a whole load of new ones?

Maybe a master weaponsmith appears and is able to craft a load of them for a heafty price?
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2015-11-10 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay0253 View Post
    - Blizzard decides to let us keep said artifacts, and only add skins from now on for future expansions.

- People complain that Blizzard isn't creative anymore.

- Blizzard takes away artifacts.

- People complain that powerful artifacts are being replaced by greens.

It's just a lose/lose for Blizzard, no matter what they do going forward with this.

Edit: Honestly, I won't be upset when they're gone. I didn't like the idea in the first place and still don't.
    I totally agree with you. I just shake my head at responses like that. Too much complaining in lengthy posts that feel like they have substance but at the end of day, are complete trash. I see one hint of complaining in a post, I move on from it. It's too toxic for me to read.

Why are we surprised about this? How many people have Shadowmourne and the Warglaives of Azzinoth sitting in their bank, gathering dust? Gear progression, putting aside powerful items for better ones, is part of WoW and always has been.

I like the artifact system from what I can see, and there is definitely potential for a weapon-based talent system there beyond Legion, but if I stick my Doomhammer in the bank after Legion it's not a big deal. Can still use it in Timewalking dungeons.

Isn't this the same way it has always been in game?
    Things are only relavant for the expansion they came in on.
    Afterwards we simply forget about them.
    Bet a lot of farms are in disarey back in mop now.

Also, for the record. Death knights totally should have gotten frostmourne as their artifact..they should march up to the frozen throne with an icepick and take it from the bastard if they have too.
    Frostmourne is what makes the Lich King who he is. If anyone else had it they would become the Lich King. If Blizz gave it to all DK's you would see an outrage from the lore hounds over it. Just because it's iconic doesn't mean it needs to be in the players hands

Anyone else think this is kind of BS?

They're giving us things like Doomhammer, and Ashbringer, totally iconic weapons that people like me who played through the original RTS's(well, at least WC2 and WC3...never could get ahold of WC1) KNOW and instantly associate with the classes they're connected too(which seems to be the point) as well as major lore figures.

and then...what? we throw them into our bank for transmog stuff and replace them with some random blue or green we find off a mob in the next expansion?

anyone else think this is just kind of really stupid?

Unless they find something equally iconic and representative of the classes it just makes no sense to me why we'd be given these items only to trash them in a year or two.

Sure, the arguments were made about the same thing with legendaries, but look at the difference...a part from maybe one or two(looking at you, warglaives), you're not getting powerful relics from major lore figures. You're forging your own version of them.

So, thoughts and opinions on this? What do you guys think about giving players such powerful, well known and just ICONIC weapons for Legion...and then replacing them later? Should they just scale forever(which, admittedly, WOULD get boring after awhile), should they just not be giving us those weapons? is there a way to make the Artifacts obsolete without ruining the lore?
    maybe because not all the classes are getting something iconic?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Honestly, stop complaining. They are just weapons.

We replaced Warglaives...
    We replaced Shadowmourne...
    We replaced Valanyr Blessed Hammer of the Kings...
    We replaced Sulfuras...
    And a few others over the course of WoW. Aren’t they all legendary weapons used by beings of power, like Ragnaros?

Doomhammer or any other legendary weapon isn’t any different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Frostmourne is what makes the Lich King who he is. If anyone else had it they would become the Lich King. If Blizz gave it to all DK's you would see an outrage from the lore hounds over it. Just because it's iconic doesn't mean it needs to be in the players hands
    Last time I checked Frostmourne was broken. They reforged the pieces into 2 seperate blades and gave it to frost dks.
    And btw, lorewise only one dk wears it. Your dk. Imagine WoW as a normal rpg game and voila! You are the dk who killed LK, Deathwing, Yogg-saron, Algalon, Archimonde...but we aren’t worth having our own reforged Frostmourne blade!?

Deleted
    Yeah it's stupid say for example Tirion dies, who else is more worthy than the leader of the paladins which you basically are with the class halls to keep ashbringer permanently? would be stupid to give it to some random new person.

Wonder if they will also drop the whole "leader of your class" after this expansion as well.

Sounds like another expansion pack gimmick.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay0253 View Post
    - People complain that powerful artifacts are being replaced by greens.
    ... and this is why "special weapons" will never work in a game like WoW.

Nothing can be "special" when everything is disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Wonder if they will also drop the whole "leader of your class" after this expansion as well.
    Probably. We stop being "Commander" with our own Garrison next expansion, no?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we'll replace them.

Honestly, they're the strongest set of weapons in the WoW lore universe right now.

We'll either acquire the weapons of the Titans themselves, or the game will end with Legion.