Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post
    They'll turn neutral so Horde don't whine.

No, it will not change my view if that happens.
    Uhm, I think you mean "Alleria won't suddenly go all Vereesa and make it her life's purpose to murder every single person she went through the Dark Portal to protect."

Turalyon being neutral would be dumb, though.

Alleria shouldn't be pro-Horde, but she shouldn't be anti-blood elf, either.

I'm sure she'd understand her people doing what they had to to survive by sucking mana from vermin like mana worms so they had the strength to fight the Scourge way more than she'd just understand that her husband's prince personally led the army that slaughtered 90% of her race, along with her sister, then the remainder of her husband's kingdom sentencing not only her prince, but also 15% of the surviving population to death, simply for doing what was necessary to defeat the Scourge without getting themselves killed.

It's ridiculous to think that she would side with:

1) Humans from an entirely different kingdom than Lordaeron (also Gilnean humans, who are sort of just squished together with Stormwind now)

2) Ironforge Dwarves

3) Night Elves who banished her ancestors for practicing magic (which she is also addicted to)

4) Draenei who she would know nothing about

5) Worgen who she would know nothing about, but might not react kindly to

6) Pandaren she would know nothing about

7) Gnomes, eh, maybe not so much them, she probably likes them after Gnomergan gnomes helped in Outland. They seem nice enough.

Over the majority of her surviving people. After she finds out what Vereesa has been up to by being a bitch to innocent blood elves and blaming them all for Rhonin's death, then just rolling over and letting Garrosh, the one single individual who was actually responsible for his death, go free, she'll realize that she should work towards helping her people rebuild, rather than help her sister pursue misplaced vengeance.

The most likely outcome for Alleria I think, is that she'll try and bridge the gap between the Blood and the High Elves and try to patch things up. She won't go "FOR THE ALLIANCE DEATH TO ALL ENEMIES OF THE HUMANS" simply because her people were forced to side with the Horde after being betrayed by the Alliance in TFT, then again in BC.

The only thing that makes sense for Alleria is for her to be neutral. She won't hate her people simply because her husband (or boyfriend, dunno if they ever actually got married) is in the Alliance. Her subordinate, Auric Sunchaser from Allerian Stronghold, is of this mind. He is the High Elven representative at the Sunwell and the highest ranking high elf from the official Thalassian government. Vereesa gave herself the rank of Ranger-General, when previously she'd been just a plain old nobody Farstrider. And the Silver Covenant have no political standing in Dalaran, unlike how the Sunreavers did. Basically, all the Silver Covenant are is the WoW equivalent of a crazy militant group of racist gun-slinging hillbillies in the woods calling themselves a militia.

Unlike Vereesa, he is trying to do what he can to provide a peaceful existence for those under his care, while she's doing all she can to cause contention and violence.

We'll see what happens in Legion, if she's still in Dalaran. I hope she is, and she has learned something from War Crimes. She doesn't have to like the Blood Elves, but if she's willing to be merciful to Garrosh, who murdered her husband, she should be able to stop pretending the Blood Elves as a whole had anything to do with Rhonin's death (Thalen was one elf, and you don't swear vengeance against everyone with the same eye color as the person who forged the sword someone used to kill your loved ones).

Turalyon makes sense as being Alliance, but Alleria does not. At most, she makes sense as Alliance with ties to the Blood Elves and a resolve not to fight them, like Jaina was Alliance and had a treaty with the Horde (when Thrall was in charge). It would be throwing a monkey wrench into her character and would be such a waste to have her just be another racist Vereesa clone.

Judging by the fact that the Marksmanship artifact weapon is her bow, available to both factions, she's probably gonna be neutral, which makes sense (though I doubt she'll like the Orcs, Trolls, and Undead, except Sylvanas. She'll probably be indifferent to Tauren, and won't like goblins much, but not as much as the trolls and orcs, as she'll know that goblins are just mercenaries and merchants).
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2015-11-09 at 03:11 AM.

Alleria being neutral (and at the very least not a Sylvanas/Forsaken hater) is the only thing that makes sense

Turalyon should be Alliance, but:

1) if his wife is neutral, he might also be
    2) if Tirion carks it, then Turalyon maybe takes his place (someones gotta lead that order that Tirion was leading and it WONT be us .. at best we will lead the pala class hall) and then means being neutral (Tirion worked with Horde in Northrend campaign), as well as working with DKs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Alleria being neutral (and at the very least not a Sylvanas/Forsaken hater) is the only thing that makes sense

Turalyon should be Alliance, but:

1) if his wife is neutral, he might also be
    2) if Tirion carks it, then Turalyon maybe takes his place (someones gotta lead that order that Tirion was leading and it WONT be us .. at best we will lead the pala class hall) and then means being neutral (Tirion worked with Horde in Northrend campaign), as well as working with DKs etc.
    I think it would be great to have Turalyon as the leader of the last real Knights of the Silver Hand (the organization in the Alliance doesn't seem to be all that official, just a few paladins hanging out in the Cathedral of Light and Ironforge). He might actually get a few things done, what with all those resources freed up with Tirion not in charge so he can't use them all for more statues of himself. Srsly. Too many statues of Tirion.

I would also amend it to have her not hate Blood Elves. Sylvanas, yes, Forsaken she probably wouldn't care much about, as she really doesn't care that much about humans in general, apart from Turalyon and any other friends she had in the Sons of Lothar like Khadgar and Danath. Humans as a race, she's indifferent towards. That's one of the reasons I find it silly of anyone to think she'd be all "FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!" and joining a foreign human kingdom that was destroyed before she'd joined the Alliance, and not rebuilt until several years after she'd gone to Outland, to serve a king that was just a little kid last she was in Azeroth. No, I'm certain she'd be more willing to side with her people in Quel'thalas, all of whom were alive last she saw, apart from any kids born, and elves don't have kids that often due to their longevity.

Her loyalties are her family and her people, so she'd care about Tyralyon, Arator, unless they just retcon him out, though it's possible he's in the Paladin Class Hall, I think I saw him in the trailer, unless that was just a generic blood elf in Judgement gear. It's a pretty common set. Sylvanas, Vereesa and her twin boys, Auric at the Sunwell, and the rest of her surviving people in the High and Blood Elves.

She's no paragon of the Alliance, and only went to Outland because the Horde killed most of her family. Imagine how she'd react to find out that humans tried to commit genocide twice on her people, (Arthas and Garithos), and that Vereesa ordered Alliance to murder innocent Sunreavers and blood elf (not Sunreavers, just blood elf) shopkeepers, and even murder their doubly innocent dragonhawks. I doubt Alleria is going to be very happy to hear about that. I'm sure she'll forgive Vereesa though, too happy to see her again, and sympathetic when she hears Vereesa got married then lost her husband. Also happy to meet her nephews, I'm sure.

Personally, I really hope that there's a twist that Alleria was exposed to fel somewhere along the line of being completely cut off from the Sunwell when the Dark Portal broke down, and now bears the fel taint in her eyes like Blood Elves do, and see how Vereesa reacts. She could freak out like she normally does around Blood Elves, and Alleria could be like "Why are you acting like that, they're just green eyes." And teach Vereesa a lesson that she shouldn't automatically be confrontational simply because someone has the fel taint, and that it really doesn't mean much.

She should also smack Vereesa for implying that the Blood Elves wronged her, when they merely said she wasn't allowed back if she wasn't going to employ their methods of feeding the hunger. Vereesa was safe in the bubble-shielded Dalaran, and her husband was the leader of the magical city, so she had plenty of resources and stuff like therapists and treatments, without having to worry that she might be devoured by ghouls at any moment. Alleria should tell her this, and make her see that she has no room to act like she's better than the Blood Elves for not giving in, especially when she herself admitted that she would have, if Rhonin hadn't helped her through it. She even said that Rhonin allowed her to feed off him a little bit to wean herself off. She's a hypocrite, with no real reason to hate the Blood Elves. Alleria oughta tell her what an impudent child she's being, and take over the Silver Covenant and start trying to unite the high and blood elves again, as both groups see her as a hero.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2015-11-09 at 08:37 AM.

Turalyon has fused with Sargeras and is now leader of the Burning Legion.

I betting they will unite the alliance and horde into one faction.

"When we discover Alleria and Turalyon in Legion, the way you view WoW will change."

So, at BlizzCon Alex Afrasiabi from Blizzard kept saying how when we discover what Alleria and Turalyon has been up to the way we view WoW will change. He says it in a way where he assumes that this is something that we should feel excited about. I don't get it. Why would I want to be excited about changing how I view one of my favorite franchises of all time? This annoys me greatly. Why can't people understand that once you have established a franchise, the fans (although obviously I'm only speaking for myself) wants and expects the continuing story to stay within the boundaries of that universe, stay true to its established rules and whatnot. Keep the laws in place, and tell the story of characters inside that universe without changing the universe itself.

What comes to my mind when he says shit like that is one thing and one thing only: Midi-chlorian.

Midi-chlorian's altered the nature of one of the pillars of the Star Wars universe by taking something that was established for a long time as a mysterious Force, by suddenly removing that mystery and replacing it with a biological scientific explanation which ruined the franchise. I remain hopeful that it will never again be mentioned in the movies and that somebody will edit it out of a future re-release of Episode I and retcon it out of Disney's Star Wars "Cinematic Universe".

Anyone else worried that Blizzard will fuck up and do a Warcraft equivalent of Midi-chlorians in the story of Legion? Given Warlords of Draenor I don't know what to expect from the mind of Chris Metzen and his peons these days.

World of Warcraft: Shadow of the Pantheon

Nuff said.

15+ Year Old Account
    They see what Sargeras saw, join the Legion and kill Thrall and Tirion.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time "simple is better right" ?

Anyway, the easiest thing to think about is that Turalyon and Alleria found out that Sargaeras is right and that the true enemy are the Titans (just wondering).
    I wouldn't put too much time traver or dimension travel, it's something that didn't workout at all.
    I don't think that they will be our enemies because people wanted them so badly for years.

There are too many possibilities because we have so poor informations.

Afrasiabi merely failed to properly qualify his statement. What he meant was

"it will change the way you view WoW, for the worse".

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    I'm willing to bet they have been traversing alternate universes. What a coincidence that everything leading up this expansion in regards to the Burning Legion being present through all alternate universes and now we have the expansion with them as the big bads and it just so happens Turalyon and Alleria show up finally.

If this is the case I wonder what Blizzard is setting up for the future. All I can think is the Inifinite Dragonflight being a bigger threat than we thought.

World of Warcraft: Infinite

Meh, let's go back to more words for an expansion title.
    Not to mention, Alleria may have been on AU Draenor at some point, since the Frostwall Tavern/Lunarfall Inn quests about her seem to point toward that. We find an arrow that may be related to her.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would really change all the A&T fanbois way to view WoW, if we discover their corpses...
    Personally, I would /dance on the grave..

An equally good scenario, would be that A&T come back as demons...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I hope we will find them as horribly deformed and dehumanized mutants feeding on human meat. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I hope we will find them as horribly deformed and dehumanized mutants feeding on human meat. That would be awesome.
    All of the faction leaders will be sacrificed by A & T on the altar of madness for the satan! The Valkyrs will ressurect Sylvanas and she goes #yolo on Sargeras and its over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to warn OP, Alex afrasiabi is a guy, who mainly talk bullshit. He is the clown of blizzard, and proberly the dev who is most likely to lie. Everything that is said by that man, i would take with a gram of salt.

I expect them to be somewhere close to Doctor Who (I know ..meh) in facts related with the universe (twisting nether). Most probably they will bring with them important intel on the burning legion and why not, in the future, they might open our way to another planets if that would make any sense (just hope it wont be a whole expansion around it lol).

They have been hanging out with the Titans. The Titans manipulated Sargeras to turn mad and create the Burning Legion so that they could combat the old gods as they were taking too many losses doing it themselves.

I think this expansion will at least change the way we look at Burning Crusade. From what I've read (I haven't seen any streams), the heroic Demon Hunter suicide mission involves capturing a Keystone that can be used to open a portal to Argus.

After the events of Frozen Throne, Illidan's place on Outland was often interpreted to be him hiding from Kil'jaeden with his tail between his legs. If he was looking for a way to Argus, though, and a way to end the Burning Legion, that heavily implies Illidan was deceiving the Deceiver, and was in actuality planning a counter-invasion. That would also be a good reason why he didn't explain any of this to us then, as he couldn't risk the information slipping out to a known mastermind (and since he doesn't die permanently, he can risk dying to keep the secret).

There's a thread about how we should lose in Legion, but I think Legion is the result of us losing in Burning Crusade.

Think about it, who opened the Dark Portal in Burning Crusade? Lord Kazzak, a demon who would later hang out at the Throne of Kil'jaeden. Illidan wasn't trying to invade us, and the Legion didn't really seem to try too hard either. It would make a lot of sense then, if the real reason Kazzak opened the portal, was so that we could take care of Kil'jaeden's Illidan problem for him. To make sure we didn't simply help Illidan, Kil'jaeden also seduced Kael'thas, who ordered his forces to attack Shattrath in an attempt to defame Illidan. It worked. We bought right into the Kil'jaeden's deception, walking into Outland and killing the only person who knew how to stop the Legion.

Furthermore, with the threat to him gone, Kil'jaeden attempted to invade Azeroth once more through the Sunwell. We managed to foil this, but only because he made the mistake of being blatant about it, giving us the chance to stop him like we stopped Illidan. In the long run, it wouldn't really matter though. Without Illidan's plans to give a countdown timer to the Legion, Kil'jaeden was free to plan a much more clever invasion. That brings us to Legion. This time, he's got the portal open before we can even arrive, and all signs point to us very badly failing our first attempt to shut it down.

When we run into Illidan again, he won't just be mad that we killed him, he'll see us fools for falling for a deception that ultimately doomed us more than him.

I still don't know for sure if this is how they plan to re-imagine Illidan's actions, but I really hope so. It not only turns Legion into the climax of a story started at the beginning of World of Warcraft's life (the first overarching plot it had), it retroactively turns almost every little flaw, awkward plot point, and retcon in Burning Crusade into part of a brilliant long-term plot.

Alleria and Turalyon are likely tied into this, and he said our discovery of them will change our outlook, and on WoW, not the people themselves. It could be something about where they've been or who they're with that could alter the nature of past plots. Remember, a Garrison mission heavily implied that Alleria was on Draenor, meaning that Burning Crusade may not be the only expansion with secrets.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-11-13 at 07:03 AM.