Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    And yet, the team is 40% bigger since Wrath. Do you understand my confusion?
    The team can be 400% bigger. Without knowing which departments got more people, there is no telling why only 10 dungeons being released at launch. Also there is other things to consider. Do we really need more than 10 dungeons? For example, a lot of items drops in WoD and previous expansions, were slightly varying versions of the same thing. Or it was better versions of quest items with different names. So lets say we have 20 dungeons at launch, do you really want designers to spend more time on thinking clever names for things that essentially the same? I'd rather have 10 dungeons, fine tuned with interesting events and mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    You know what I don't understand about Blizzard, this team is 40% bigger than what they had at the start of MOP right?

So how is it we're getting less dungeons than WOTLK and Cata?

Perhaps though, quality>quantity? Especially with this new keystone system?

I can understand both sides of the argument. But I personally really love having a massive amount of options. I like the variety of Cata for example, it was never boring to farm random heroics because there was so much variety.

Again on the other side, they did confirm Karazhan for 7.1 So I guess that's easy to see possibly more after each patch. We could end with 15-20 by the end of the expansion, which would be amazing. This is of course however, wishful thinking.
    Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but, none of these dungeons are re-makes of old ones. This actually brings to total up to one of the highest original dungeon on release expansions to date!! 10 is more than enough, considering they have already hinted at more in content patches, my guess is we end the xpack on about 13.

Also there's more replayability with the new keystone system

I’m playing wow nonstop 10yrs each expansion i have the best expectation for that and each time, after WotLK when a new exp comes, its fails me all the way, i hope this time they will surprise me with a good way, btw to see old raids revamped, to me that looks ppl are dry of new ideas.

10 dungeons at launch and still crying ? seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    10 dungeons at launch and still crying ? seriously....
    This is way too much.. show me once again the effort Blizz do to keep casual ppl in the game, with this way game get worst and not better, plus the new challeng dungeon will creat a big chasm in game.. good players, bad players.

Violet Hold is not confirmed to be a reharsh. It could be a new dungeon with the same name.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 is not enought? Seems people want 35 single room dungeons. Like Eye of Etenity, Onyxia's Lair or Baradin Hold (when only 1 boss was active). I mean, that would be 35 dungeons. That must be better than 10 dungeons with 3-5 bosses each. Right?

Deleted
    10 dungeons is decent enough for launch. Even expansions with double-digit dungeon number, such as TBC or Wrath, didn't received all their dungeons on the launch day.

However there is a caveat in there. With the way how new CM's are being built, they are trying to push dungeons into being one of primary sources of long-lasting content throughout the expansion. Essentially these dungeons is what you are going to do for 18-24 months of this expansion. They are even designed in being re-runned multiple times on each character. The team expects tier 15-20 to be "high end" where the loot may top out. 15 runs of a single dungeon per every alt is pretty insane, and that's just to level up your keystone, let alone farm it weekly for the loot chest.

This system begs for new dungeons added in content patches. At least 3 per patch. Otherwise we'd be bored to death with them in the second half of an expansion.

This can turn out to be good or bad. If the "WoW GRift" system is succesfull they'll lose their number 1 excuse for not making enough dungeons: the rapid obsoletization. It's a pretty legit excuse. As a dev I wouldn't want to waste lots of resources on content that nobody will do 2 weeks after launch. A succesfull system which is making dungeons stay relevant for long time is essential to them making more dungeons for us.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-11-11 at 02:07 PM.

I think people seems to forget that making 3D models now is a lot more difficult than before. What would take 500 tris before could take 2400 tris to make it look decent nowadays. More tris = smoother look = better quality = more time needed. The same goes for the texturing, having to paint over the texture, design them and make them look good takes quite a bit.

Also, not 100% if the engine supports this, there is also normal/bump maps which require a super high res model to have a texture containing shape of the model that then is a applied to lower res model and makes it look, not up close, as if it were the high rez but with less strain on rendering and the like. All of this can take a pretty good chunk of time PER model. <3 If they had a bigger group and released at the quality of TBC / Wrath, the team could probs produce about 5 times faster than they do for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Your memory must be foggy. Occulus was the #1 hated instance of all of Wrath regardless of how many carrots they added. Violet Hold I never really heard much in terms of complaint since it was easy and all in one place. Well aside from everyone wanting the timers to speed up. Halls of Stone most were about even on as you could make it so you could skip 2 out of 4 of the bosses.
    Yeah you're right forgot about Oculus, i was more thinking of the dungeons i had to level through when i leveled all my alts, and violet hold was definitely the one i hated the most there, as nowadays mobs die within seconds so you're essentially just waiting the entire dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Yeah you're right forgot about Oculus, i was more thinking of the dungeons i had to level through when i leveled all my alts, and violet hold was definitely the one i hated the most there, as nowadays mobs die within seconds so you're essentially just waiting the entire dungeon.
    Azjol-Nerub was really fast, but I hated it with pugs because really often they didn't know what to do or the fight bugged out, so the spiders never stopped coming and the boss just couldn't die.

10 is a good number, there were 9 in MoP and 8 in WoD iirc.

10 is far too few. I expect a minimum of 20, with an additional 15 released throughout the expac.

... And 6 raid tiers....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Legion has 10 at launch (none are revamped)
    Violet Hold

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Violet Hold
    Same in name only from what we know

Deleted
    Violet Hold
    Something has awoken when Dalaran came into the proximity of the Tomb of Sargeras. We're supposedly going to delve deeper into Violet Hold to uncover w/e secrets there is left.

I can't possibly imagine them reworking a single room dungeon anyways.

Violet Hold
    Just because it has the same name doesn't mean it's a revamp. From everything they've said it isn't a revamp and totally different.