Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the problem you guys have over in america, is you have let the idea of gun ownership be such a standard in your culture, you have so many over there who can't imagine a world without guns as the solution to everything (especially in the south) that it just becomes second nature by people like the police or avid gun collectors to use them like you would drive a car.

We have shootings in the uk and other European countries, but its so rare compared to america you could almost miss it, people don't carry guns or keep them under their beds here, and so our police services don't go gun crazy themselves with the mentality of "shoot before your shot".

For any american guys and girls who hate or go against the gun culture of america, hats of to you, but I also wouldn't want to hang around where you are just incase.
    What does this even have to do with the topic at hand? Putting down an animal that has been hit by a car by use of a rifle isn't some rare occurrence and even if the US adopted the Australian method of gun control the rancher would still own a bolt action .204 rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    What does this even have to do with the topic at hand? Putting down an animal that has been hit by a car by use of a rifle isn't some rare occurrence and even if the US adopted the Australian method of gun control the rancher would still own a bolt action .204 rifle.
    But would the cops let fly the dogs of war if someone misfired?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Criticising poor training of some police officers in a nation, is neither cop hating nor nation bashing.
    It's not poor training or lack there of. They're actually being trained to be ridiculous with a soldier mentality in a civilians society.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    But would the cops let fly the dogs of war if someone misfired?
    Hard to say when there isn't even a complete story to go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It's not poor training or lack there of. They're actually being trained to be ridiculous with a soldier mentality in a civilians society.
    I'd say that is poor training, considering they're supposed to be the police and not the military.

7+ Year Old Account
    Criticising poor training of some police officers in a nation, is neither cop hating nor nation bashing.
    You'd have a point if all the posts were just that. But they're not, so you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Whoever you got your clue from ripped you off.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-09 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    What, you actually expect professional behavior from US law enforcement? We are not Europe, we have very low standards for police training and conduct.
    i know somewhere you should move to. guaranteed refugee spot open for ya

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You'd have a point if all the posts were just that. But they're not, so you don't.
    Except there wasn't one post that could be construed as nation bashing and the closest to cop hating was the person who posted about legal death squads, and they didn't specify that they meant all cops, so that's a stretch too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except there wasn't one post that could be construed as nation bashing and the closest to cop hating was the person who posted about legal death squads, and they didn't specify that they meant all cops, so that's a stretch too.
    Guess we're reading different threads, then.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Tldr version:

A rancher's bull is struck by a car, thus breaking it's legs. The rancher grabs his rifle, and drives over to put the animal down and salvage the meat. Before the he arrived, deputies reenacted the scene from "Me Myself and Irene" on the bull but don't kill it.
    As the rancher is about to put a bullet in the back of the bull's skull (thus has his hand on the trigger) a deputy grabs and spins him, the rifle discharges, and the cops shoot him multiple times.

The wife and nephew of the rancher scream for the shooting to stop, and attempt to aid their fallen family member. The cops handcuff them and point a weapon at the nephew's head. The ranchers wife has a heart attack. The bull eventually dies a slow death.

Granted, this is the rancher's wife's story.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/n...73037.html#fmp
    and people wonder why one of my motto's is "Fuck cops".

Because the dumbest of society are given guns and badges, and no accountability.

Someone knowing they are unaccountable, and can basically kill people and get away with it, is what creates these monsters.

Reality is most likely they will be found innocent in some way, and face no repercussions whatsoever.

Did they do it? Who knows?

Would you trust the police 'official statement' if they told you?
    Last edited by Emageht Tsoluoy; 2015-11-09 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we're reading different threads, then.
    You must be, as you clearly didn't read the posts prior to my original one in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    What, you actually expect professional behavior from US law enforcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    For any american guys and girls who hate or go against the gun culture of america, hats of to you, but I also wouldn't want to hang around where you are just incase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Not really sure how the American people stand having legal death squads wander about the country.
    You must be, as you clearly didn't read the posts prior to my original one in this thread.
    Clearly I posted for gits and shiggles. /smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly I posted for gits and shiggles. /smh
    The first one is a criticism of training, neither nation bashing nor cop hating - I often criticise teaching methods in English schools, I don't hate teachers, nor am I bashing England by doing so.

The second one is a criticism of US gun culture, nothing to do with hating cops and not nation bashing.

The third one has nothing to do with nation bashing, and it doesn't state that they believe all cops are legal death squads, they may well do, but that post doesn't give enough information to come to a definite conclusion one way or the other.

So zero nation bashing posts and one potential cop hating post.

Now we've got those out of the way, can you point out the ones that did show nation bashing and cop hating?

And in swoops the police haters and nation bashers. Carry on.
    Maybe if police would stop killing innocent people daily, they wouldn't have so many haters?

10+ Year Old Account
    #Bulllivesmatter

$1.2 million dollars worth of bull.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    The first one is a criticism of training, neither nation bashing nor cop hating - I often criticise teaching methods in English schools, I don't hate teachers, nor am I bashing England by doing so.
    The first is.

The second one is a criticism of US gun culture, nothing to do with hating cops and not nation bashing.
    The second may not fit either exactly, but it is unwarranted fear-mongering.

The third one has nothing to do with nation bashing, and it doesn't state that they believe all cops are legal death squads, they may well do, but that post doesn't give enough information to come to a definite conclusion one way or the other.
    The third is the worst, but then context isn't everyone's strong suit. Throw in some semantics and you've got a clever stew of irrelevant (and invalid) opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Maybe if police would stop killing innocent people daily, they wouldn't have so many haters?
    I suppose that would be a valid statement if cops were actually killing innocent people every day.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-11-09 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone approach a man with a gun in his hand and a finger on the trigger, grab him, and spin him around to face you? Police or not, that's some pretty suicidal behavior. What happened to "sir, put the gun down"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Why would anyone approach a man with a gun in his hand and a finger on the trigger, grab him, and spin him around to face you? Police or not, that's some pretty suicidal behavior. What happened to "sir, put the gun down"?
    Come on, you seriously expect people in here to use logic? /cwidt

10+ Year Old Account
    The first is.

The second may not fit either exactly, but it is unwarranted fear-mongering.

The third is the worst, but then context isn't everyone's strong suit. Throw in some semantics and you've got a clever stew of irrelevant (and invalid) opinion.

I suppose that would be a valid statement if cops were actually killing innocent people every day.
    The first is a comment on the general poor training and selection of police in the US, which leads to the general poor performance and excessive force used by American police by and large.