Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How unsurprising, rogues shitted on again by being last. No, can't lump us in with the only other class getting a day by itself (and consequently first), we are the ass end as usual. Talk about lack of respect...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeowrynn View Post
    The only way to actually play hunter is to play the worst spec (BM- Ranged+pet=hunter for me.).
    Oh boy... BM was and still great spec.
    Apparently you know close to nothing 'bout hunters to call BM "worst spec", sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope we get some new traps with Survival and maybe a improved snake trap.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Dat Mongoose though.
    - Mongoose (100% damage, 2 charges left)
    - 3.4s later, Mongoose (150% damage, 1 charge)
    - 3.4s later, Mongoose (200% damage, 0 charges)
    - Snake Hunter (3 charges)
    - 3s later (don't want to cap charges), Mongoose (250% damage, 2 charges)
    - 3rd charge recharges
    - 3.4s later, Mongoose (300% damage, 2 charges)
    - 3.4s later, Mongoose (350% damage, 1 charge)
    - 3.4s later, Mongoose (400% damage, another charge comes off CD now)
    - Mongoose (400% damage, 0 charges)
    And that's before any Mastery procs.

Interesting gameplay... huge rewards for perfect timing, big penalties for slipping up. Too early and you miss a 400% hit at the end of the chain; too late and the whole thing resets.
    Hard to tell the exact breakdown of stat priorities without seeing some sims with the abilities but it looks like mastery stacking will be the way to go for the new survival. Probably won't be as unforgiving as it looks once mastery gear is factored in, especially with that talent granting 3 charges on a 1 minute CD as well. Get unlucky with mastery procs? Just pop the CD and keep wrecking. It might be a little similar to how Breath of Sindragosa gets used currently with blood DKs. Basically, just stack the crap out of a specific stat and run your high damage ability with nearly 100% uptime. Might become really hard for Blizz to balance the dps towards the end tiers.

Additionally, since it doesn't look like BM mastery is changing we might be able to change between BM and Survival with the same gear aside from changing out the Artifact. Could be really nice for switching between melee and ranged depending on boss mechanics. BM looks like it will be mastery/crit and survival will either be mastery/haste or mastery/crit.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2015-11-09 at 03:15 AM.

Well, after all they are right.
    The only spec in need of both range AND pet is BM.
    MM is mostly scout/sniper spec, surv always was good with traps and close combat/ambushes.
    And BM was always all 'bout pet.

No more traps and my favorite parts of mm and surv merged ... i could be happy with that assuming Bliz does not mess it up.

really loving survival. can't wait to play it.

also, rogues are the last one lol... as if rogues weren't bitching enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Lone Wolf gameplay introduced in Warlords of Draenor proved extremely popular with Hunters
    Um, wasn't that just because it was the best talent for its tier? I don't think Blizzard has given a whole lot of thought on this as they believe...
    Lone Wolf was only better if there was a certain amount of movement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now Gnome Hunters please... mini gnomes with big spears flying through the air > oh yeah!
    Hmm at least can go Dwarf for now heh

shamans share the day with DK and lock? well. looks like we will have a paragraph about shamans and 3 pages about DKs and locks

Deleted
    I can't wait to play my hunter in Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Every thing I see what they did to the hunter is like a copy of Guild Wars 1 and some of guild Wars 2. Survival is like playing a Touch Necro Ranger now. Marked Shot is nothing but Ignite Arrows or Incendiary Arrows Its like they saw Guild Wars and said hey lets take they Zone scaling and put that in too. And we all ready have 6 melee classes and if you count enhancement shaman and now hunter will be 8. The melee to caster is to damn high.

I'm sorry but the more I read of them taking stuff from other games and trying to put in WoW is just not working out. I mean they did the jumping puzzle like in Guild Wars 2 that no one did till they had to get flying. And they wonder why they keep losing people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    How unsurprising, rogues shitted on again by being last. No, can't lump us in with the only other class getting a day by itself (and consequently first), we are the ass end as usual. Talk about lack of respect...
    Taking it way too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Wow Every thing I see what they did to the hunter is like a copy of Guild Wars 1 and some of guild Wars 2. Survival is like playing a Touch Necro Ranger now. Marked Shot is nothing but Ignite Arrows or Incendiary Arrows Its like they saw Guild Wars and said hey lets take they Zone scaling and put that in too. And we all ready have 6 melee classes and if you count enhancement shaman and now hunter will be 8. The melee to caster is to damn high.

I'm sorry but the more I read of them taking stuff from other games and trying to put in WoW is just not working out. I mean they did the jumping puzzle like in Guild Wars 2 that no one did till they had to get flying. And they wonder why they keep losing people.
    You mean to tell me that games take ideas from other games and try to make it their own or enhance it? *gasp!* No..... Please show me an original idea from the last decade of gaming that hasn't been expanded upon by other games. Please. This is such a trivial thing to complain about. This is the MMO Genre, like any other genre, you're gonna see a reiteration of an idea.

Bleh and watch the only spec interesting to me (animal lover) is BM and it probably won't be viable for progression raiding. Forcing me to leave my pet in the stable....again. Also, since when does a sniper use a bow over a gun? I guarantee a military sniper doesn't pick up his bow to snipe enemies, but I have bow hunted with a good coon dog. Dumbest thing ever putting a gun in the beast master's hands and a bow in the sniper's hands. I know, I know, I'll stop griping and cross my fingers they don't mess up my druid too bad.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/663528429539602433

Needs to be put here: Blogs will be out at 5 am, 11 am, and 5 pm PST.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Oh boy... BM was and still great spec.
    Apparently you know close to nothing 'bout hunters to call BM "worst spec", sorry.
    To me, it is. BM is good for collecting exotics. Nothing more. However, I also said I know everything is changing anyway. Worst is relative.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Really... A lack of respect... Do you people actually read the stupid shit you post before you actually post it.. My god.

OT: Fucking amazing changes to Hunter, will definitely be picking up my Hunter as an Alt in Legion. Survival just sounds so freaking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post

You mean Classes similar in fantasy to eachother are similar in gameplay? HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU MIGHT BE ONTO A HUGE REVELATION!

OMG I just realised my Warrior in GW2 also hits things with a Sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    Bleh and watch the only spec interesting to me (animal lover) is BM and it probably won't be viable for progression raiding. Forcing me to leave my pet in the stable....again. Also, since when does a sniper use a bow over a gun? I guarantee a military sniper doesn't pick up his bow to snipe enemies, but I have bow hunted with a good coon dog. Dumbest thing ever putting a gun in the beast master's hands and a bow in the sniper's hands. I know, I know, I'll stop griping and cross my fingers they don't mess up my druid too bad.
    You do know both specs can use both and this isn't 21st century earth, right
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Marks looks sweet. I'll switch to that for my alt I'm thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Aeowrynn View Post
    To me, it is. BM is good for collecting exotics. Nothing more.
    That is why I said you know close to nothing 'bout hunters.