Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    If that is true, i stand corrected.
    But that still doesn't change my standpoint, the police are in a position with alot of power that can be easily abused, paramedics and Firefighters are not even remotely compareable to the police.
    Police aren't routinely armed in Britain (England, Scotland & Wales), I believe they are in Northern Ireland, at least they used to be. We do have some armed officers at places like airports.

You can film the police carrying out their duties, people do it all the time, what you can't do is interfere with the police carrying out their duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In the public, nothing is private. If it is in a private business, there might be issues, but even then you are still technically in the public.
    I'm pretty sure every western countries (including US) has some laws against publishing someone's pictures. Unless those people publish those themselves (like on facebook). For example check google maps and street view - every person or car license plate are fuzzied.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post
    I think people forget that despite police being Public Servants they also pay taxes to the same value that everyone else does, so technically they also pay for themselves.

You dont see people going up and shoving cameras in the face of Paramedics, or even the Fire Brigade - who are also public servants, so they shouldn't for the Police.

I wouldnt agree the UK is becomng a police state in any way - But I agree for the protection of officers and those they interact with body cameras should be mandatory for every officer - training for UK officers is fine, having been a Special Constable (who get compressed training) I felt I was given enough to be able to go out confidently and serve - however followup and retraining is required, this isnt done enough for officers as things change.

While i agree that if you film a police making an arrest on another citizen and you interfere with that arrest then you should have your phone taken and possibly even be arrested yourself. But if i see a police making an arrest and start to film that from a little bit away then what is the police afraid of? I mean if they do their job correctly why do they care? Also to those that say that Policebrutality is increasing and whatnot(mostly in the US) they are delusional, they are getting caught more on camera since everyone have a phone with a camera in at the ready.

I do agree that Police should have Bodycams at all times. For their safety and for the citizens safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Private citizens should be fine with surveillance even in their own home, unless they have something to hide.

Public servants on the job should not be facing surveillance because it could prevent them doing what they were doing even though they have nothing to hide.

God, I hope you are joking.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a problem in the US, Canada, and the UK at this point.

When did the police motto go from, "To Protect and Serve" to "No Witnesses".

Tarintino the other day said it wasn't a "bad cop" problem, it was an institutional problem. Somehow it crosses countries though - it's global - it's bigger than a single institution.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    UK is quickly turning into a police state. this needs to be stopped. Body cameras should be in place and better training of the cops needs to be done.
    UK Police are already trained well enough, if anything I think the UK Police are too soft and coddle people too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Tarintino the other day said it wasn't a "bad cop" problem, it was an institutional problem. Somehow it crosses countries though - it's global - it's bigger than a single institution.
    It's not a UK problem at all. Our Police don't open fire on people at the drop of a hat. Our problem is they're too soft when dealing with "Sensitive issues"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

We don't have a 'no witnesses' issue with UK police.

This is about people obstructing officers in the course of their duties, you can film them, but you need to do it in a way that doesn't hinder them. As citizens we have a duty as well and people forget that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

This is about people obstructing officers in the course of their duties, you can film them, but you need to do it in a way that doesn't hinder them. As citizens we have a duty as well and people forget that.
    It's people coming from totally different countries with totally different police types trying to throw a cover all on their anti-police sentiment. It's hilarious at best and downright Sociopathic at worse.

People think We as Citizens are being bullied and attacked by police all the damn time just because they tackle criminals, now I may not be the majority, but when I am out on the town I rather enjoy seeing the overly aggressive dickhead eat curb because he thought he could try and tackle a bobby.

10+ Year Old Account

This is how I view it as well. Just stay at a safe distance away, and if you are told to give them more room, move back. You can record from across the street, or where ever the officers ask you to stand.

If you need better zoom, buy a real camera instead of using your phone. It is not the officers fault that your iPhone doesn't zoom in with great detail when recording.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    This is how I view it as well. Just stay at a safe distance away, and if you are told to give them more room, move back. You can record from across the street, or where ever the officers ask you to stand.

If you need better zoom, buy a real camera instead of using your phone. It is not the officers fault that your iPhone doesn't zoom in with great detail when recording.
    Considering 9/10 you'll be meeting Police in this situation on a night out as they manhandle a drunken douchenozzle, I think giving them room is extremely easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Private citizens should be fine with surveillance even in their own home, unless they have something to hide.
    How about no? I don't want someone watching me, in my own home, when I barely wear clothes half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account

What constitutes obstruction would depend on the circumstances. The police are concerned with doing their job, not giving people an unobstructed view in order for them to get more hits on Youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    What constitutes obstruction would depend on the circumstances. The police are concerned with doing their job, not giving people an unobstructed view in order for them to get more hits on Youtube.
    I agree. They can tell you where it is safe to stand. But it is none of their concern if you can get a good video from there.

If a person wants to be ready to film the police at all times, they should carry around a really nice camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there IS a difference between neutral observance cameras and shoving a camera in someone's face. Talking about public places, obviously.

In the public, nothing is private. If it is in a private business, there might be issues, but even then you are still technically in the public.
    Just being in public does not give others a free reign to film you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just being in public does not give others a free reign to film you.
    May want to check with your local government then. We are being recorded constantly. There are cameras on bill boards on highways to record traffic patterns. There are cameras in and outside of stores to record for security. There are cameras on people's property which records more than just their yard.

I'm sure there are several other circumstances where we are being recorded in public without our consent. The reason being, the recordings have other purposes other than recording individuals. They are to monitor the things mentioned, not specific individuals. But we are still being recorded without our written consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    First world tyranny at its best.

We'll be like America soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    First world tyranny at its best.

We'll be like America soon.
    Because our Police don't like Punters getting in their way.

Someone is reading the Daily Mail too much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Because our Police don't like Punters getting in their way.

Someone is reading the Daily Mail too much.
    but it's every random scots right to stick their phone in people's faces shouting about their rights!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    but it's every random scots right to stick their phone in people's faces shouting something incomprehensible!
    Fixed that for you.