How much content will Diablo get before legion

So it seems like Diablo gets a lot more content than wow without a sub fee. Has wow sub money been siphoned off to pay for Diablo? Is it acceptable that we have another 8 month drought inspite of all the sub money.

How much can a raid tier cost monetarily?

What?

Consider this.

Diablo 3 publisher Activision Blizzard has sold more than 30 million copies of the action role-playing game, the company announced today.

Now think about the Price of each unit and how many copies have been sold and i'm sure you will figure out that Diablo is not only paying for itself but is probably helping out with other Blizzard games.

Leave Diablo alone, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    What?

Consider this.

Diablo 3 publisher Activision Blizzard has sold more than 30 million copies of the action role-playing game, the company announced today.

Now think about the Price of each unit and how many copies have been sold and i'm sure you will figure out that Diablo is not only paying for itself but is probably helping out with other Blizzard games.

Leave Diablo alone, cheers.

First I doubt it sold 30 million

Second the question is why does it and hearthstone and hots constantly get new content and wow doesn't get shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post

Second the question is why does it and hearthstone and hots constantly get new content and wow doesn't get shit
    Yes, yes it has actually.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter if you doubt it. They did (http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097...-million-units).

WoW gets plenty of content. However, WoW's content schedule doesn't fit for games like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

7+ Year Old Account
    How much content? 2.5, maybe 2.6 if Legion is released in late summer.

Sold copies aside, Chinese version of D3 has microtransactions. That's another source of revenue from that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I'm sure a new season for Diablo 3 is such a financial burden that it costs WoW a raid tier each time. You're missing out on 4 raid tiers because of Diablo 3!!

So it seems like Diablo gets a lot more content than wow without a sub fee. Has wow sub money been siphoned off to pay for Diablo? Is it acceptable that we have another 8 month drought inspite of all the sub money.

How much can a raid tier cost monetarily?
    blizzard left my d2 to die after, d2 payed for wow !!! what what?

It will get more than wow will for sure. What you should really be asking is how do other MMO dev's consistently release more content updates than wow does with far fewer dev's on their team?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Doesn't matter if you doubt it. They did (http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097...-million-units).

WoW gets plenty of content. However, WoW's content schedule doesn't fit for games like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.
    wha- no, no

you didn't say that

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    It will get more than wow will for sure. What you should really be asking is how do other MMO dev's consistently release more content updates than wow does with far fewer dev's on their team?
    A WoW content patch like 6.2 has a lot more content than what any of the RoS patches had so far. An MMO requires tons and tons of art assets, while D3 had only a few items and armors sets (a few when compared to WoW). The D3 would do no better job at WoW simply because they do not have the manpower to release content for an MMO.

Deleted
    another 8 month drought
    Yes, Legion was slated for "Summer 2016" according to the video, but first of all, it wouldn't be the first time an expansion is delayed, secondly, most of September is still "Summer", and third, it wouldn't make any sense for them to release in June, or even July, so August-September seems much more likely here.

Another 10 to 11 month drought more like it. However, of course there'll be content within that timeframe. Diablo has nothing to do with WoW; they don't share resources or employees. Diablo will get content when it's developers have the content ready and think it should be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    A WoW content patch like 6.2 has a lot more content than what any of the RoS patches had so far. An MMO requires tons and tons of art assets, while D3 had only a few items and armors sets (a few when compared to WoW). The D3 would do no better job at WoW simply because they do not have the manpower to release content for an MMO.
    Said nothing about D3, which isnt an MMO. I said compared to other MMO's which many do release more content with less dev's.

I dont understand you OP...

are you mad that Diablo is getting more content?

The new content for D3 is really cool and all, but it's piss in a bucket compared to the amount of content in WoW.

WoW players are just a pack of unpleasable whiners.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    wha- no, no

you didn't say that
    WoW has more content than any reasonable person has time to experience.

The forums are full of people with an extremely narrow definition of content. Frankly I have no idea how they have ever found any enjoyment playing WoW with their attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm kinda flabbergasted that you're doubting a recorded fact.

And ask the different teams, it's not like the teams work with each other, and they're all completely different types of games, I'd imagine the order of difficulty for releasing content would go WoW>Diablo>Hearthstone.

Production costs / time and the type of content those games regularly get.

Hearthstone is built in Unity, which is stupid easy to develop in. To top it off, both Heroes and Hearthstone have standardized systems for which new content comes. While there is a lot of effort that goes into the content both games pump out, they're fairly similar to one another. New cards / New heroes all have some similar base design considerations. Iteration on them is relatively easier because their production scale is far smaller. A raid / dungeon in WoW requires a LOT more effort to create well. It's why you get Adventures / Battlegrounds / Card Expansions at a much more reduced rate than say Heroes. There's more stuff to make and iterate upon. The art, design, and coding requirements of WoW content are higher, ergo production time goes up.

Well they did show of stuff for two more seasons after 2.4 at Blizzcon. So we should be covered till Legion launch considering each season lasts 3 months and 2.4 goes live in December.