Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wikileaks Stands Against SJWs, Safe Spaces, Microaggressions etc

Simply paraphrased: "the generation trauma fad is pro-censorship which impedes our work."

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/663481837197631488

Generation trauma: The rise of ''trigger warnings', 'microaggressions' & 'safe spaces'

The generation trauma fad is pro-censorship which impedes our work

Already Saudi-Arabia has used it to infiltrate proposed UN regulation of speech to ban 'blasphemy'

Note in particular the red curve, which is "trigger warnings" (blue is microaggressions, yellow is safe spaces)

"When you embrace the concept of threatening or unsafe opinions you are more likely to support censorship of them."

"Then you get censorship of everything. It is the angle the censors have discovered that will be supported by people."

"Safe spaces, "harmful opinions", block/blacklists, and no-platforming at expos and universities normalise censorship."
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-11-09 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't talk about Julian Assange's sexual assault charges or he'll sue you for making him feel bad.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Just don't talk about Julian Assange's sexual assault charges or he'll sue you for making him feel bad.
    That's his right though. Has he been found guilty by a court of law?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I honestly have not heard anyone use "trigger warnings" outside of someone making fun of it on TV.
    It's also the title of a collection of stories by Neil Gaiman.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have not heard anyone use "trigger warnings" outside of someone making fun of it on TV.
    As older communication mediums decrease in influence and the Internet grows in influence, I think it's inevitable that Internet language will become mainstream in 'RL'.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's his right though. Has he been found guilty by a court of law?
    Last I heard he's still hiding out in the Ecuadorian embassy avoiding his accusers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Last I heard he's still hiding out in the Ecuadorian embassy avoiding his accusers.
    Well, there is also the fact that the most powerful government in the world would like to either kill him or lock him up in some black site hellhole for the rest of his life.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Maybe it is because I do not use facebook. My idea of social media is to disseminate information. I use Twitter almost exclusively to share/find interesting articles/news/research papers, etc... that are posted by schools/organizations.
    Theres a massive difference between social medias and news medias. If you get your news/articles/knowledge from social media, then you are basically brainwashing yourself.
    Even when a message gets transmitted directly from it's source to the intended receiver, the message will get corrupted by the receivers understanding of it. So taking news directly from social media is basically taking a broken shadow of the original news, and then corrupting them further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gotta agree there. People's minds are becoming mush they're 'protecting' them that much.

'Nasty' things exist. Get over it. It's part of the beauty of human nature. Don't like it? Lock yourself in a basement and live off of basement mold instead of demanding everyone else change to suit your needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Simply paraphrased: "the generation trauma fad is pro-censorship which impedes our work."

Generation trauma: The rise of ''trigger warnings', 'microaggressions' & 'safe spaces'

Already Saudi-Arabia has used it to infiltrate proposed UN regulation of speech to ban 'blasphemy'

Note in particular the red curve, which is "trigger warnings" (blue is microaggressions, yellow is safe spaces)

"When you embrace the concept of threatening or unsafe opinions you are more likely to support censorship of them."

"Then you get censorship of everything. It is the angle the censors have discovered that will be supported by people."

"Safe spaces, "harmful opinions", block/blacklists, and no-platforming at expos and universities normalise censorship."
    The feed doesn't mention the term "SJW", as indeed most people who are older than 14 do not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The feed doesn't mention the term "SJW", as indeed most people who are older than 14 do not.
    There will be better terms for getting the point across, such as "Regressives". That acronym isn't very convenient anyways.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Trigger warnings are just a new term for "this may contain graphic or troubling content, viewer discretion is advised", which has been around for as long as I can remember in media.

Also, I thought wikileaks was about fighting corruption in governments. This is a little out of place in my eyes.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2015-11-09 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get more annoyed with people who make mountains out of molehills than the people building the molehills.

I hear a lot more bitching from people outraged about "trigger warnings," "SJWs," etc. than I do from the people who want "trigger warnings" or who are the SJWs.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I get more annoyed with people who make mountains out of molehills than the people building the molehills.

I hear a lot more bitching from people outraged about "trigger warnings," "SJWs," etc. than I do from the people who want "trigger warnings" or who are the SJWs.
    This forum is becoming just as annoying as tumblr "SJWs" at times. Like, there is so much bitching about the evil "SJW" that I just can't even.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2015-11-09 at 08:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

As long as you are pro-conversation and free speech then it's all good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    This forum is becoming just as annoying as tumblr "SJWs" at times. Like, there is so much bitching about the evil "SJW" that I just can't even.
    Pretty much. Gaming communities seem to bitch loudly and push anti-SJW opinions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There will be better terms for getting the point across, such as "Regressives". That acronym isn't very convenient anyways.
    I quite like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Personally, I think it's quite a positive development, in that it's a living, breathing reductio ad absurdum of "progressive" ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think it is really Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism.

There are people on both the left and the right that are Authoritarian. And I think, especially in (my) the Millennial Generation, this is becoming more clear. I have talked to Young Republicans that pretty much shared a lot of my beliefs, even though I consider myself a "Democrat". And I think the biggest difference is that they tend to not be Authoritarian.
    Yes, anti-"authoritarian" until it comes to things like having others pay for their college education, at which point they're happy to point the sword of the state at whomever they want to pilfer.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Pretty much. Gaming communities seem to bitch loudly and push anti-SJW opinions.
    Can you blame them? Gamers have been a big target of SJW's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Who would've thought gamers have such strong spines.